I'm still on the fence an apperciate the OP's opinions.

Currently, for me the 9900 is perfect in many ways, it is actually all I need.

I'm not sure what else can Classic offer for me. Yes, I would like to have a new phone (and I have an upgrade eligibility with my carrier), but I certainly don't want to miss too many of 9900's great functions.
    One thing that used to grind my gears was the web browser on the 9900. It was slow and wouldn't render websites like they were written. The apps I use were there, but they made the phone unstable. I do miss a lot of 9900 functions, but I also love BB10 as an OS. I truly believe that in time BB10 will be as efficient, but not in exactly the same way, which is okay for me.

If the 9900 is perfect for you, I say keep it till the end. If you wanna give the Classic a try, order it from a place that allows you to send it back within a month, try it out and if you like it enough, send it back and get it through your carrier. If not, order a new 9900

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-14-15 01:54 AM
    The feature that I miss the most is the ability for it to vibrate when in the holster automatically - surely that will be added in a future update

Posted via CB10 and BlackBerry Classic
    01-14-15 03:01 AM
    2 things:

-Take the reboot off of the top button..I keep rebooting my dang phone when I pull it out my pocket! Keep the reboot on the end button only..thats the reason for the tool belt right?

-Get my Video app back working! I can't play ANY videos from the video app, I have to play them through the pictures app or story maker!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    01-14-15 10:01 AM
    Can't you lock and unlock(and also turn the screen on and off) with the top button above the screen? That's what I do with my 9900, hoping its the same when I upgrade to my classic soon.
    01-14-15 10:38 AM
    Yes. Push and hold for 3 sec turns off the phone.

I agree that turning off the phone should be done with the End belt button.
    01-14-15 10:44 AM
    After using the Classic for a month. The OS now is just basic and you have to tailor you needs with apps. The function of OS has changed be cause of all the apps that are available today vs 3 years ago.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and Q10Bold like this.
    01-14-15 11:41 AM
    Yea the button does the same as usual but they added the reset to it which is not practical since the end button will to the same..all u have to do it hold that button for 1 second too long and not be paying attention, then ur phone resets!

Oh and I also wish we had more color LED options/combinations! Have been using BeBuzz, but since the most recent update it doesn't work good on the classic!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    01-14-15 12:17 PM
    -My calender takes up to 3 seconds to populate appointments. Is this normal? My 9900 was instantaneous.
    Did you close your calendar application by hitting the end call button or the back button on your 9900? If you used the end call button, then the application would be paused and thus open quickly the next time you used it (you could see which apps were running in the background by holding the BlackBerry button). In BlackBerry 10, if you leave the active frame running, the calendar should open as quickly as your 9900 because BB10 has true multitasking. If you close the active frame, the application needs to restart every time you open it up.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Xenolock and PegCityJet like this.
    01-15-15 10:53 AM
    In BlackBerry 10, if you leave the active frame running, the calendar should open as quickly as your 9900 because BB10 has true multitasking.
    I'm sorry but this is not correct. Active frame or not, calendar will have lag at times. See for yourself.
    01-15-15 11:17 AM
    Geezzzzzz I'm using Outlook calendar and I don't have that lag
    And as far as I can scroll through the year all my stuff are still there instant ly
    Z 30
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-15-15 11:37 AM
    I'm sorry but this is not correct. Active frame or not, calendar will have lag at times. See for yourself.
    My own experience is there is no lag, not saying you aren't different. Not sure what it could be.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-15-15 06:56 PM
    Yeah go easy on him! I happen to agree with most of what he says and I started with a 7100g with scroll wheel too.
    Why do tech companies change things "because they can"?
    The BBOS 5 had the best ringtones and calender. All BBOSs had better Adobe Readers that recognise numbers (albeit they didn't edit).
    New is not always better.
    01-15-15 07:07 PM
    Yeah go easy on him! I happen to agree with most of what he says and I started with a 7100g with scroll wheel too.
    Why do tech companies change things "because they can"?
    The BBOS 5 had the best ringtones and calender. All BBOSs had better Adobe Readers that recognise numbers (albeit they didn't edit).
    New is not always better.
    While I'm sure you can pick out a couple things that may have seemed better, you can't really say overall that BBOSanything was better than B10, can you?
    01-15-15 08:00 PM
    [QUOTE=CarGuy1368;11262007]Did you close your calendar application by hitting the end call button or the back button on your 9900? If you used the end call button, then the application would be paused and thus open quickly the next time you used it (you could see which apps were running in the background by holding the BlackBerry button). In BlackBerry 10, if you leave the active frame running, the calendar should open as quickly as your 9900 because BB10 has true multitasking. If you close the active frame, the application needs to restart every time you open it up.

It's true that if I leave the window open, the appointments all are in place when I enlarge the window....but then I have an open window.
    And I can't live with that.
    Even if my pen is half an inch out of place on my desk, I have to move it. But that's probably more of a problem with my human OS.
    fkornre, Mr4aces, TgeekB and 1 others like this.
    01-16-15 05:51 PM
    While I'm sure you can pick out a couple things that may have seemed better, you can't really say overall that BBOSanything was better than B10, can you?
    For the most part the phone is improved...but for a few basic functions (which seem common sense to me) some things were changed for the worse.

Put in real life, If I open my calendar 20 times a day (which is probably on the low side) and it takes 3 seconds extra each time...that's a minute a day. No big deal eh?
    Times 365 days a year and I've lost 6 hours for a silly calender to open!

I'm the biggest BB fan around and am daily given the gears about it by the Appleheads. I don't care what people say because I use what works the best. And I'm a bit of a homer-rooting for the Canadian team.

I'm not sure why so many here are so quick to excuse solid issues with a "Move on with the times".
    Continual improvement only makes us stronger.
    01-16-15 06:01 PM
    Even if my pen is half an inch out of place on my desk, I have to move it. But that's probably more of a problem with my human OS.
    Lol. I know that feeling all too well!!
    01-16-15 06:50 PM
    I find it so funny how on crackberry whenever someone says something negative about blackberry they get loads of people attacking them and starting arguments. I understand that people (me included) have real brand loyalty to Blackberry but it makes us look so insecure and pathetic.
    donemt, Mr4aces and Cheryl Guo like this.
    01-17-15 05:48 AM
    [QUOTE=PegCityJet;11266521]
    Did you close your calendar application by hitting the end call button or the back button on your 9900? If you used the end call button, then the application would be paused and thus open quickly the next time you used it (you could see which apps were running in the background by holding the BlackBerry button). In BlackBerry 10, if you leave the active frame running, the calendar should open as quickly as your 9900 because BB10 has true multitasking. If you close the active frame, the application needs to restart every time you open it up.

It's true that if I leave the window open, the appointments all are in place when I enlarge the window....but then I have an open window.
    And I can't live with that.
    Are you saying you don't like the active frames open? I like it because on the calendar app it shows the current date and next appointment which is handy for me. We all have our likes and dislikes though.
    01-17-15 07:57 AM
    Have to agree with the calender problem about the extra steps. Should be able to type anywhere to start an appointment entry. I jsut wish they had stuck with an OS7 type system but sped it up. I've got a PP and reckon they have over thought too many operations.
    01-20-15 03:18 PM
    Truthfully, BB10 is a slick OS but seems efficiency was sacrificed to make it pretty. I miss the small size of my 9900-if I needed a bigger screen I would use my Playbook. But I guess my desire for a small phone isn't what the market is looking for....
    You're not alone. :-) A classic with the size of a Q10 would be awesome. The size of the classic is what bothers me most. But I think I will stick with the classic and don't go back to my Q10 because of the toolbelt.

A classic post via CB10 app
    01-20-15 04:17 PM
    BlackBerry 10 just came out a year ago, and BlackBerry OS 7 is a 16 year old operating system. OS 7 had 16 years to grow and to develop to what it is now, BlackBerry will eventually include all the features from BlackBerry OS 7. We just have to be patient. Program ming is hard work, so we should have sympathy for the programmers, and have faith in BlackBerry. Just look at QNX and the Internet of things. They are in a big market, and working together with Maserati . So I ask you to have patience with your device and hope for the best for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 06:24 PM
    BlackBerry 10 just came out a year ago, and BlackBerry OS 7 is a 16 year old operating system. OS 7 had 16 years to grow and to develop to what it is now
    lol i think your timing is a little off, BB10 is 2 years old as the Z10 was released Feb 2013. And OS7 is most certainly not 16 years old, in 1999 cell phones were hardly common lol.
    01-21-15 12:02 AM
    Truthfully, BB10 is a slick OS but seems efficiency was sacrificed to make it pretty. I miss the small size of my 9900-if I needed a bigger screen I would use my Playbook. But I guess my desire for a small phone isn't what the market is looking for....
    Well here's the thing, the market isn't just looking for big phones, it's looking for big phones with big screens, for content.

The Classic is big but gives very little added benefit since it's still taken up by the keyboard. Plus it's got that 1:1 screen ratio, which many people dislike.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-21-15 12:17 AM
48 12