Some background, I'm not a techy...

-Started with a 'Wheel' BB that I can't recall the model around 7 years ago
    -Curve with a trackball (always had extra blister packs of those balls when they failed!)
    -Q10
    -3 days later went back to the 9900 because I missed the functionality of the belt
    -Z10
    -1 day later went back to 9900 because I NEED a qwerty
    -Now Classic.

Notes and observations:

-The trackpad doesn't work in several situations, it's almost as though it was added to the OS after the fact. (Which I guess it was).

-Not having in/out of holster ring notifications as a basic function is a big miss. Thankfully I found an app that is supposed to give you that functionality. Am I the only person that wears a holster? I don't care if it's not cool.

-My calender takes up to 3 seconds to populate appointments. Is this normal? My 9900 was instantaneous.

-With the Bold calendar, you could start typing from anywhere to create a new appointment. Now it's an extra step to open an appointment, and you manually need to change the appointment length rather than just using the trackpad to adjust the length. I know it's a first world problem...but seems like a step backwards in efficiency. I miss the one handed operation where nearly everything could be navigated within a quarter inch square and a click down would save...etc.

-Swiping to wake up is ok on a Playbook but to need to do it on a phone when I am using it a million times a day is not the best. Hitting any key to wake up is a time saver. Thankfully the holster instantly wakes it up however.....

-The volume up/down buttons are in the exact place where you grab the phone out of the holster...so I have MANY screenshots saved. I wish there was a way to disable this feature within a couple seconds of coming out of the holster.

-I guess I'm considered a 'heavy user'. My monthly cell bill normally has about 24 hrs/talk time, 100 texts/day, 100 emails/day in addition to many bbms/whatsapps. These extra small swipes and hand movements all add up during the day.

Truthfully, BB10 is a slick OS but seems efficiency was sacrificed to make it pretty. I miss the small size of my 9900-if I needed a bigger screen I would use my Playbook. But I guess my desire for a small phone isn't what the market is looking for....
    heraiz likes this.
    01-13-15 02:40 PM
    why do you guys keep comparing with the old stuff which is 7 years old...BB still an infant wait 7 years to see where it will be..
    01-13-15 02:52 PM
    -Swiping to wake up is ok on a Playbook but to need to do it on a phone when I am using it a million times a day is not the best. Hitting any key to wake up is a time saver. Thankfully the holster instantly wakes it up however.....

to wake up "U" + enter
    01-13-15 02:54 PM
    why do you guys keep comparing with the old stuff which is 7 years old...BB still an infant wait 7 years to see where it will be..
    Because that is their frame of reference. I agree on a lot of points, coming from legacy OS myself, but I also think that legacy OS gotta be embrace the things that are better in BB10 and in the meanwhile have patience while the OS matures with time and functionality. Efficiently is in BlackBerry's DNA, which wasn't built in one or two years either...

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    advias likes this.
    01-13-15 03:01 PM
    On the q10 im able to wake up by pressing any of the number keys, see if that works on the classic
    01-13-15 03:06 PM
    Thanks Alain, I was using that shortcut but it still is an extra motion.

I use BB primarily because it's the fastest comminication device.
    The comparisons are inevitable...why would a user want to downgrade?
    This isn't a case of griping because of reluctance to change, it's a real extra step which doesn't need to be there. I know future OS revisions will improve it (I hope so anyways).
    01-13-15 03:08 PM
    To balance this out...
    -The battery life is excellent
    -The screen is great
    -I love the Hub
    01-13-15 03:15 PM
    the classic is useless with the toobelt it was slap on there so people would stop crying and buy it im sticking to the 9900 best phone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-13-15 03:15 PM
    Because that is their frame of reference. I agree on a lot of points, coming from legacy OS myself, but I also think that legacy OS gotta be embrace the things that are better in BB10 and in the meanwhile have patience while the OS matures with time and functionality. Efficiently is in BlackBerry's DNA, which wasn't built in one or two years either...

had a 9700 before..you don't see me comparing....just accept the fact that the old system is/will be finish/fini/kaput...
    01-13-15 03:22 PM
    had a 9700 before..you don't see me comparing....just accept the fact that the old system is/will be finish/fini/kaput...
    Everyone's different. You can't expect everyone to adapt to new things as quick as you do. And besides, it seems that OP made the jump from the 9900 to Classic just a little while back and he's just sharing his experience. Of course he could also focus on the things that are better than BBOS, but hey, like I said, everyone's different right?

Sulaco757 likes this.
    01-13-15 03:36 PM
    If you're not happy with the the phone you can always go back to your legacy device. Stop your complaining, you have a choice. Move on.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:55 PM
    Some background, I'm not a techy...

-Started with a 'Wheel' BB that I can't recall the model around 7 years ago
    -Curve with a trackball (always had extra blister packs of those balls when they failed!)
    -Q10
    -3 days later went back to the 9900 because I missed the functionality of the belt
    -Z10
    -1 day later went back to 9900 because I NEED a qwerty
    -Now Classic.

Notes and observations:

-The trackpad doesn't work in several situations, it's almost as though it was added to the OS after the fact. (Which I guess it was).

-Not having in/out of holster ring notifications as a basic function is a big miss. Thankfully I found an app that is supposed to give you that functionality. Am I the only person that wears a holster? I don't care if it's not cool.

-My calender takes up to 3 seconds to populate appointments. Is this normal? My 9900 was instantaneous.

-With the Bold calendar, you could start typing from anywhere to create a new appointment. Now it's an extra step to open an appointment, and you manually need to change the appointment length rather than just using the trackpad to adjust the length. I know it's a first world problem...but seems like a step backwards in efficiency. I miss the one handed operation where nearly everything could be navigated within a quarter inch square and a click down would save...etc.

-The volume up/down buttons are in the exact place where you grab the phone out of the holster...so I have MANY screenshots saved. I wish there was a way to disable this feature within a couple seconds of coming out of the holster.

-I guess I'm considered a 'heavy user'. My monthly cell bill normally has about 24 hrs/talk time, 100 texts/day, 100 emails/day in addition to many bbms/whatsapps. These extra small swipes and hand movements all add up during the day.

Truthfully, BB10 is a slick OS but seems efficiency was sacrificed to make it pretty. I miss the small size of my 9900-if I needed a bigger screen I would use my Playbook. But I guess my desire for a small phone isn't what the market is looking for....
    Seven years ago BlackBerry didn't have a wheel phone. What are you talking about? Have you ever used a BlackBerry phone?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:57 PM
    Welcome BBOS user, tip of the ice berg is this way.

Calendar is here.

You must choose. The red pill or the blue pill.
    eldrover and mfurman like this.
    01-13-15 04:27 PM
    Seven years ago BlackBerry didn't have a wheel phone. What are you talking about? Have you ever used a BlackBerry phone?

Posted via CB10
    My bad, you are right.

No BlackBerry product with a scroll wheel existed on this planet 7 years ago.

And no, I've never used a BlackBerry phone.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    01-13-15 04:29 PM
    As far as the calendar issue goes, when I experienced this issue it was because one of my online accounts was dragging its feet. You could try disabling your various calendars until you find the one that is slow to respond and go from there.
    01-13-15 04:29 PM
    You must choose. The red pill or the blue pill.

Excellent post VeryBumpy "Classic not exactly what I expected coming from Curve"
    You have hit the nail(s) on the head.
    01-13-15 04:36 PM
    Wow! People are really aggressive around here. Lol!!!!!

Via BlackBerry Classic 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    Frehley and d-signer like this.
    01-13-15 05:56 PM
    Wow! People are really aggressive around here. Lol!!!!!

Via BlackBerry Classic 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    LOL...right! After reading everyone's angry posts towards each other for asking certain questions (sometimes the same questions that have been asked already) I wonder how they cope in real life. If their friends ask them twice in a 30 minute period "how are you doing" does that person get slapped. For a "social" site I find it funny that you can't say too much without someone jumping all over you.
    d-signer, gvs1341 and donemt like this.
    01-13-15 06:49 PM
    LOL...right! After reading everyone's angry posts towards each other for asking certain questions (sometimes the same questions that have been asked already) I wonder how they cope in real life. If their friends ask them twice in a 30 minute period "how are you doing" does that person get slapped. For a "social" site
    I find it funny that you can't say too much without someone jumping all over you
    that's the beauty of crackberry. cook popcorn, pull out a beer, lift up your feet and enjoy the show....LOL
    fkornre, acovey and Frehley like this.
    01-13-15 07:03 PM
    to wake up "U" + enter
    is that a 10.3.1 thing or a classic thing? i cant seem to get it on my passport
    01-13-15 07:14 PM
    is that a 10.3.1 thing or a classic thing? i cant seem to get it on my passport
    ok make a mistake..it is not to wake the phone but to unlock it instead..I don't know about the Passport tho..it is a shortcut of the Classic

Also "M" to go to hub instead of swiping
    01-13-15 07:18 PM
    Yeah peg city for the win!!
    PegCityJet likes this.
    01-13-15 11:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well let me see, 7 years ago I remember still having my 7250 (as a backup device to my 8830 Global) and that had a wheel my friend. How long have you been using Blackberry phones?

Sent from my Q10
    Last edited by donemt; 01-14-15 at 12:10 AM.
    PegCityJet, rthonpm and reeneebob like this.
    01-13-15 11:21 PM
    I'm still on the fence an apperciate the OP's opinions.

Currently, for me the 9900 is perfect in many ways, it is actually all I need.

I'm not sure what else can Classic offer for me. Yes, I would like to have a new phone (and I have an upgrade eligibility with my carrier), but I certainly don't want to miss too many of 9900's great functions.
    01-14-15 12:53 AM
    Why is everyone ripping into this guy? He has backed BlackBerry for years and he wants to give it a chance with the Classic. Help him out. Smh.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh, d-signer, donemt and 2 others like this.
    01-14-15 01:08 AM
48 12