07-09-17 10:30 PM
85 1234
tools
    Ok, I get it now, thanks... This will allow me to copy the notes over time. I appreciate the suggestion!
    05-07-15 11:25 AM
    That'll be how long it takes BlackBerry to keep updating the software to include every ridiculous little details these people want.

Until then it'll be fun watching and reading the debates here.
    You were wrong. 9900 loyalists were right.

It's not even 3 years and our outdated 9900 still has more love and support than any OS10 device has ever reached.

Quality always wins and it lasts.

9900 is a tool. It's might be an old and outdated tool by now, but it is still a tool.
    03-05-16 11:03 AM
    Having broken my classic and returned to my old 9900 (which has now replaced 4 contact phones because I'm a clumsy), I actually prefer the 9900. The keyboard is much nicer and the size of the handset is perfect for my hands.

Each to their own though.
    Last edited by roadblochd; 03-06-16 at 03:17 PM.
    03-05-16 01:17 PM
    While I LOVE my Classic, I do still love my 9900 marginally more... Essentially it would also come down to BBOS vs BB10 and as far as I'm concerned BBOS is, in essence, the better assembled OS... Grant it, BB10 hasn't had time (and may never get the time) to mature in the same beautiful evolution BBOS had to mature, I still feel the flawless and total integration of BBOS is still, to this day, far superior to most operating systems to date. Yes the browsers on legacy devices are now outdated and obsolete in most cases and yes the BIS and BES dependent issue may be inconvenient for some, and finally, yes there was still a substantial app gap with BBOS (towards the final years of its' run especially), but all in all the perfect form factor and size of the 9900 and the BBOS operating system makes the Bold 9900 the reigning champ. BB10 and the Classic have a special spot in my heart as well and will always be remembered long after its' EOL, but the Bold 9900 will always be known as 'The One' to me...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 03:26 PM
    I have not felt the need to fire-up my BB9900 since getting my Classic 6 months ago.

Mail synchronisation and 4G on the Classic far outweigh anything else for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 03:03 AM
    I had the 9900 for like 2 years. I thought it couldn't get any better than that. It did everything I wanted to do, I loved the design, the form factor, the size. I had it from when it came out in 2011 until when I got the Z10 when it launched on T-Mobile.

I then realized that I couldn't go back to the BBOS after experiencing (and getting used to) BlackBerry 10.

I last saw one in the Dubai Mall at the BlackBerry Store in September, and I felt like I had been reunited with a friend I didn't know anymore. It felt so small compared to my Classic, and toy-like compared to my Passport Silver Edition. I went through the OS, typed in a text field, clicked on the Web browser. Of course I had good times with the 9900, I even bought it in black and in white. But having lived the BlackBerry 10 life since February 2013, there wasn't anything I missed when I held the 9900.

It's still a looker though. I wish the Classic had the carbon fiber back piece. And a removable battery. And the illuminated trackpad. But the pros outweigh the cons, and I will be on my Classic (and Z30 and Passport) for a while.

Posted via CB10
    FahedAlDerbi and andy957 like this.
    03-10-16 02:18 AM
    I have BB9900 5 years. It is in my hands every day. It is default phone every time.
    And I have BB Classic. It can not be default. It is not flexible as BB9900.
    I choose 9900.
    andy957, Frehley and WES51 like this.
    01-02-17 04:46 PM
    I loved my 9900 and the quality of both devices for me was excellent. Both had their pluses and minus but at the end of the day what the Classic could do in terms of some basic apps and the higher speed web browser made it all the difference.

For calls, emails and messaging these devices are unreal. The biggest testament to the quality of construction on the legacy BlackBerry devices such as the 9900 is the amount of people and companies that still have them deployed several years later. These are actual fleet business devices and are very high quality.

I am currently using a SE Passport and I love the screen, quality and speed but the keyboard so far is a few notches down in terms of speed for me. The Classic was excellent, the 9900 maybe marginally better, maybe for me.

All in all these were/ are special devices for people who really value certain things and I hope to continue using a BlackBerry device for years to come.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 12:32 AM
    They will be gone by then.
    01-14-17 10:09 PM
    Obviously 9900 got more love than the Classic.

They're in equal standing now... Legacy devices.
    01-14-17 10:14 PM
    Obviously 9900 got more love than the Classic.

They're in equal standing now... Legacy devices.
    Classic is certainly not "equal" to the 9900, or any Legacy devices. Significant upgrade, still.

Posted with my  Classic
    01-15-17 11:59 AM
    I only ever have one phone. I used the 9900 for a very long time and was happy with it. Tried the Classic over five months and slowly grew to like it and then sold the 9900. Later I missed the 9900 and bought another but after using the Classic a few months the 9900 seems small, limited and a little toy-like. Sold the 9900 and I am finally at peace with the Classic.
    02-06-17 07:26 AM
    I only ever have one phone. I used the 9900 for a very long time and was happy with it. Tried the Classic over five months and slowly grew to like it and then sold the 9900. Later I missed the 9900 and bought another but after using the Classic a few months the 9900 seems small, limited and a little toy-like. Sold the 9900 and I am finally at peace with the Classic.

Classic really was a great device all things considering. I wish BlackBerry would have gone with higher end specs in terms of speed to have a longer longevity for use.

I love my Classic but when I upgraded to the Passport, the speed issue became very evident.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 05:08 PM
    As a former 9900 and Classic user, I just had to throw in my input on the OP title:

"In 3 years, bold 9900 fans will agree that the classic is better"

Personally, I doubt it. That's mainly because the 9900 is still a zippier phone than the Classic ever was, and still is to this day. It may have been limited in terms of the software evolution from BBOS to BB10, but it did what it was designed for exceedingly well. Form factor, speed, simplicity and the UI.

The Classic was a nice implementation for a BB10 phone, with the added tool bar. But in my own experience, I often found it a little too sluggish to open apps. Especially the core apps, like contacts, calendar and email. The DTEK50 I currently use which is based on Android, is much snappier and it's just a bargain handset for the most part.
    05-04-17 04:28 PM
    Same here. I' am finally at peace with my classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 03:13 PM
    9900 designed with best in class superiority in mind, it show cased well thought design execution, no detai over looked. the KB, the color, the display, etc. everything down to the details (including the removable battery contact, etc.). excellent, but not flashy. good but not over state.
    Classic? it wanable kid try to reclaim the old glory of the 9900, but shortage of both skill and well thought of in details, lack of under statement of old charm. It is like copy of master piece by student, you see the effort, but it just not enough. (the settle difference the user can "touch and feel", but hard to define... it just different class. IMHO).
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-05-17 04:16 PM
    I had both devices - the Bold 9900 (now dead), and a Classic (still my primary device).

I find the Classic has better build quality, and I prefer the keyboard on the Classic more than the keyboard on the 9900.

And yes, BB10 is probably the bee's knees when compared to BBOS7 and any other mobile OS (even Android and idiotOS). It is THAT good.

Having said that, I'm surprised people still use the 9900 today - it's a real testament to BlackBerry's engineering prowess.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 08:06 PM
    I'm getting accustomed to the Classic but I do miss my bible app that only runs on BBOS. I had years of notes and thoughts that are priceless to me. It was one reason I stayed with BB through the years. I do wish there was a way to retrieve all those notes.
    Don't worry about it you will have no trouble switching over to BlackBerry 10 as all your notes will be brought over. It is when you switch over to iOS or Android then you begin to loose them.
    05-06-17 01:48 AM
    I had both devices - the Bold 9900 (now dead), and a Classic (still my primary device).

I find the Classic has better build quality, and I prefer the keyboard on the Classic more than the keyboard on the 9900.

And yes, BB10 is probably the bee's knees when compared to BBOS7 and any other mobile OS (even Android and idiotOS). It is THAT good.

Having said that, I'm surprised people still use the 9900 today - it's a real testament to BlackBerry's engineering prowess.

Posted via CB10
    I'm surprised too that there are people still using BBOS devices. The reason being that BIS has shut down in many countries now. Why do people want to use a device that they can only get 20% out of? Why not swith to a device that they can make full use of?
    05-06-17 01:51 AM
    I doubt that will ever happen. For all the basic things, the 9900 is much faster and the BBOS better than BB10 because it was built from the ground up keeping the keyboard and toolbelt in mind. That cannot be said for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 01:55 AM
    9900 designed with best in class superiority in mind, it show cased well thought design execution, no detai over looked. the KB, the color, the display, etc. everything down to the details (including the removable battery contact, etc.). excellent, but not flashy. good but not over state.
    Classic? it wanable kid try to reclaim the old glory of the 9900, but shortage of both skill and well thought of in details, lack of under statement of old charm. It is like copy of master piece by student, you see the effort, but it just not enough. (the settle difference the user can "touch and feel", but hard to define... it just different class. IMHO).
    That was great! I read this out loud in a thick European/Russian accent and LMAO!!
    05-06-17 11:55 AM
    Well, I have and use both the Classic and 9900. Classic as my daily and 9900 as the backup phone, with a different SIM.

Personally, I like the feel of the keyboard better on the 9900. It's softer and generally more delightful to type on--especially for longer bodies of texts. My Classic feels a wee bit stiffer and requires a bit more extra push on each tuts. Thus, rather tiring in the long run.

And the track pad, for some reason it feels way more functional and genuinely useful on BBOS system. On BB10 it feels more like an added bonus. I'm not saying I don't enjoy the five buttons on the Classic's toolbelt. Just like on the 9900, I enjoy the Call and End buttons for phone calling, the back button for closing an app, and the combination of shift+track pad for selecting and blocking words/sentences, as well as cutting, copying and pasting with double taps on the BB button. However, on the 9900 all of these buttons feel more essential and useful to the system. Faster, too, to be honest.

BIS is still a thing in my country and I'm not worried it'd be gone anytime soon. But, even when I don't extend the subscription, I find that the 9900 can still be used for web browsing, whatsapp, and most delightfully, it's perfect for phone calls and text. The sound quality is amazing. Even better than my Classic. Granted, it becomes almost a dumb phone without BIS, since it lost the ability for emails, BBM and purchasing on the BBW, but I don't mind. I got the Classic for that. I dare to even say that I like phone calling better on the 9900, because the sound quality is truly that superb. Plus, it's much lighter and makes it even nicer for long conversations.

And one more thing to make the 9900 even more perfect as a backup phone: the battery genuinely lasts MUCH longer than than my Classic. It could take almost a week before needing any charge, compared to the Classic that lasts a day but has to be recharged every night.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 05-18-17 at 09:11 PM.
    05-06-17 02:35 PM
    Hahaha, agreed.

Posted via PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2205
    05-09-17 07:14 AM
    Typing on my 9900...
    ...still going.

Apart from it's excellent core features, I use it for text, eMail, Google Maps (yes, it still works) and a handful other apps.

It especially excels at eMail speeds. I can send/receive eMail at speeds othervise seen with texting. That eMail SPEED is one of the most important features.

Some eMails it is best to get instantly instead of with an unfulfilled promise of instant delivery as it sometimes works out on the 'more advanced' competitors systems.
    06-21-17 11:19 AM
    Typing on my 9900...
    ...still going.

Apart from it's excellent core features, I use it for text, eMail, Google Maps (yes, it still works) and a handful other apps.

It especially excels at eMail speeds. I can send/receive eMail at speeds othervise seen with texting. That eMail SPEED is one of the most important features.

Some eMails it is best to get instantly instead of with an unfulfilled promise of instant delivery as it sometimes works out on the 'more advanced' competitors systems.
    Maps working on 9900 with voice directions? I didn't succed to install on a q10..

Posted via Q10
    06-21-17 02:00 PM
85 1234