Notice it's not the app he will miss, it is the notes he has made...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Notice how no one was talking to you. Again stop stalking me you creeper.

Posted via International Passport
    04-28-15 02:42 PM
    Notice how no one was talking to you. Again stop stalking me you creeper.

Posted via International Passport
    Um, have I replied to you before? Serious question. Do you honestly believe you're that special? Lol

Soapm likes this.
    04-28-15 02:46 PM
    I don't get how that was funny. Am I missing something?

Me either...

Posted via CB10
    Soapm likes this.
    04-28-15 03:04 PM
    Me either...

Posted via CB10
    Apparently we are both missing out on some great hilarious joke somewhere in that comment...

04-28-15 03:48 PM
    Now what is the name of this "Bible app" anyways? All this talk about it but no name.
    Can anyone make a screenshot of the app? I'm now curious to see why this is deemed as an indispensable app.
    04-28-15 05:57 PM
    Now what is the name of this "Bible app" anyways? All this talk about it but no name.
    Can anyone make a screenshot of the app? I'm now curious to see why this is deemed as an indispensable app.
    Um, nobody said it's an "indispensable app." It's an app that serves his purposes the way he likes to use it. Obviously if you're not into bible study or anything like that it'll be of no use for you or I. I'm agnostic, so I have no use for the app, but it has features that he likes when it comes to its note-taking abilities and the ability to see the notes and the verses side-by-side.

Edit: Even though it's not an app I'm interested in, the last time I checked, this forum is to help each other out, not to try to put others down or to compare our own personal beliefs, so that's why I'm trying to help the guy out with some advice on what to do if he decides to migrate to BB10...

Soapm likes this.
    04-28-15 09:18 PM
    Beiks Noah Bible

If you notice the GIF on the top right just under where it says "recommend", if you look closely that's a 7200 used to demo the app. That's how long I've had this app and gives you an idea the years of notes I have inside. It's no longer being actively developed.

Also, here are the backup's of my notes, settings and bookmarks if someone thinks they can find a database viewer to open the file or can covert it to text I would sure appreciate it and be willing to pay a small fee. I can then paste the notes into my current Android bible app and be a happy camper...

PS... This guy also developed other very useful apps that were very popular on Berry's back in the day. One was BeFTP which was an FTP client/server that let you upload photo's to your website on the go before the concept was popular. Mind you they were crappy 8300 photo's which didn't look very good on the web but it was the idea... This is why I feel BB kicked some of us long time users to the curb with this new OS by not making it backwards compatible...

I still have a folder on my Linux video server that contains some of the documents I would put on and off my device on the go... My Berry had the cloud, before there was a cloud...
    Last edited by Soapm; 04-28-15 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Add a note
    WT44 likes this.
    04-28-15 10:24 PM
    Beiks Noah Bible

If you notice the GIF on the top right just under where it says "recommend", if you look closely that's a 7200 used to demo the app. That's how long I've had this app and gives you an idea the years of notes I have inside. It's no longer being actively developed.

Also, here are the backup's of my notes, settings and bookmarks if someone thinks they can find a database viewer to open the file or can covert it to text I would sure appreciate it and be willing to pay a small fee. I can then paste the notes into my current Android bible app and be a happy camper...
    There's a decent chance simply trying to open it in notepad would actually work, I can take a look in a minute...

Soapm likes this.
    04-28-15 10:32 PM
    Beiks Noah Bible

PS... This guy also developed other very useful apps that were very popular on Berry's back in the day. One was BeFTP which was an FTP client/server that let you upload photo's to your website on the go before the concept was popular. Mind you they were crappy 8300 photo's which didn't look very good on the web but it was the idea... This is why I feel BB kicked some of us long time users to the curb with this new OS by not making it backwards compatible...
    Hm, not having any luck so far, tried a few things...
    Soapm likes this.
    04-28-15 10:51 PM
    I may have found a way to at least access your notes on Windows 7.

I opened Word 2003 and then went to File -> Open and opened "NoahAutosave.adp" It appears that the formatting is a little messed for the verses and bookmarks but your personal notes are readable. 352 pages of them.
    Soapm likes this.
    04-28-15 11:35 PM

I opened Word 2003 and then went to File -> Open and opened "NoahAutosave.adp" It appears that the formatting is a little messed for the verses and bookmarks but your personal notes are readable. 352 pages of them.
    Does that file contain everything? I didn't really check it to be honest since I thought it was referencing the other files...

04-28-15 11:50 PM

Yes, it does kind of read that way but I see machine symbols mixed in and can't tell what verse the note goes with. But we are getting somewhere... Thanks...
    04-28-15 11:59 PM
    Um, nobody said it's an "indispensable app." It's an app that serves his purposes the way he likes to use it. Obviously if you're not into bible study or anything like that it'll be of no use for you or I. I'm agnostic, so I have no use for the app, but it has features that he likes when it comes to its note-taking abilities and the ability to see the notes and the verses side-by-side.

Edit: Even though it's not an app I'm interested in, the last time I checked, this forum is to help each other out, not to try to put others down or to compare our own personal beliefs, so that's why I'm trying to help the guy out with some advice on what to do if he decides to migrate to BB10...
    This is really unbelievable.
    Do you always think for others and interpret everything negatively?
    -It is indispensable for him as he still carries his old BB with him because of that app.
    -I am into bible study, so yes, the previously unnamed app could be useful for me. That's why I asked!
    -"not to try to put others down or to compare our own personal beliefs"......you must be one angry man in life to get this from my post.
    See, that's why it is dangerous to assume, think for others, and interpret everything negatively. Don't do it again. Thanks.

Soapm, thanks for naming the app. I also asked because I figured when people know what app you're actually talking about they could have a look into the app and see if they could come up with suggestions. Seems that this plan more or less worked out. Good luck.
    donemt and Soapm like this.
    04-30-15 08:59 AM
    This is really unbelievable.
    Do you always think for others and interpret everything negatively?
    -It is indispensable for him as he still carries his old BB with him because of that app.
    -I am into bible study, so yes, the previously unnamed app could be useful for me. That's why I asked!
    -"not to try to put others down or to compare our own personal beliefs"......you must be one angry man in life to get this from my post.
    See, that's why it is dangerous to assume, think for others, and interpret everything negatively. Don't do it again. Thanks.

Soapm, thanks for naming the app. I also asked because I figured when people know what app you're actually talking about they could have a look into the app and see if they could come up with suggestions. Seems that this plan more or less worked out. Good luck.
    "Now what is the name of this "Bible app" anyways? All this talk about it but no name."

Yes, laughing is a clear sign that you're asking a serious question. Obviously it was me that have made the mistake here. And why did you have to put bible app in quotes? Just curious. Was that slang or not referring to an app for the bible? A proprietary name? This is a serious question, should I laugh to show this?

04-30-15 10:16 AM
    "Now what is the name of this "Bible app" anyways? All this talk about it but no name."

Yes, laughing is a clear sign that you're asking a serious question. Obviously it was me that have made the mistake here. And why did you have to put bible app in quotes? Just curious. Was that slang or not referring to an app for the bible? A proprietary name? This is a serious question, should I laugh to show this?
    Well, you put something in quotes if you quote somebody.
    Again, don't assume I'm using slang. I'm not.
    I used the laughing smiley to show that I think it's funny that there is a whole discussion going on about some app and that people are making all kinds of suggestions without even knowing the name of the said app and thus without a way to have a look into the app/code to see if and what other more thorough suggestions could be given to Soapm.

So what now, do I have to explain in every post what I meant with certain smileys so you can understand?
    Like I told you before: don't assume.
    And to answer your question: yes, it obviously is you that made an interpretation error here.
    Why do I need to tell you this anyways, you are the Genius of Geniuses. And yes, I mean this in a sarcastic way. Get it?
    Goodbye.
    04-30-15 03:31 PM
    Well, you put something in quotes if you quote somebody.
    Again, don't assume I'm using slang. I'm not.
    I used the laughing smiley to show that I think it's funny that there is a whole discussion going on about some app and that people are making all kinds of suggestions without even knowing the name of the said app and thus without a way to have a look into the app/code to see if and what other more thorough suggestions could be given to Soapm.

So what now, do I have to explain in every post what I meant with certain smileys so you can understand?
    Like I told you before: don't assume.
    And to answer your question: yes, it obviously is you that made an interpretation error here.
    Why do I need to tell you this anyways, you are the Genius of Geniuses. And yes, I mean this in a sarcastic way. Get it?
    Goodbye.
    You can keep telling me all you want. Good thing I have no obligation to listen to a word you say. :-)

04-30-15 04:24 PM
    That'll be how long it takes BlackBerry to keep updating the software to include every ridiculous little details these people want.

Until then it'll be fun watching and reading the debates here.
    Judging from the build quality of Classics vs 9900s in general, in 3 years, existing Classics will be less functional than older 9900s

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    04-30-15 08:38 PM
    That'll be how long it takes BlackBerry to keep updating the software to include every ridiculous little details these people want.

Until then it'll be fun watching and reading the debates here.
    Isn't this a Classic forum? Why are you starting a thread talking about 9900s in a Classic forum?

Since you've started the discussion, tell me this: Which device has BB sold the most of in its history? Which device has BB re-introduced?? Which 3 yr old device is STILL satisfying the most users after 3+ yrs???

One person's "ridiculous little details" are another person's "essential features". For this past month, i've been right handing my Classic while simultaneously left handing my 9900. Try it sometime and THEN speak arrogantly about "ridiculous little details".

Those "ridiculous little details" are what will sell future BB devices to current 9900 users. If BB wants to sell to that market, they will accommodate accordingly. If they don't, they wont. Pretty simple marketing concept. It's an adult world. Get over it.
    04-30-15 10:02 PM
    OK, I'll buy it in 3 years then...

...for a 1/3rd of the intro-price or less.

05-02-15 09:45 AM
    Judging from the build quality of Classics vs 9900s in general, in 3 years, existing Classics will be less functional than older 9900s

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Expect it will be rather less than 3 years. My Bold 9900 still works beautifully. New battery and it is ready to go. Similar story with Q10.

However, the Classic is a sealed box with no user replaceable battery. Keyboard cannot be easy to change and SIM/SD on trays. FAIL.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    05-03-15 06:19 AM
    I was one of those die hard bold fans who kept going back. I was in love with this phone day 1 just like I was with my 9900. I hope the rest of us come around so they keep making modern versions of what we want.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-03-15 02:18 PM
    I couldn't go back either. I wiped my 9900 this past weekend after getting T-Mo to unlock it, and oh man that screen just won't cut it anymore.

I will miss the functionality, but not the slowness and screen size.

Posted from my non-camera BlackBerry Classic
    05-04-15 05:32 AM
    Here's a thought for your 9900 Bible app. Use the file synchronization feature on Pocket Controller. There are other things you could try with this program:
    https://www.soti.net/products/pc-blackberry/
    Soapm likes this.
    05-06-15 03:27 PM
    Here's a thought for your 9900 Bible app. Use the file synchronization feature on Pocket Controller. There are other things you could try with this program:
    https://www.soti.net/products/pc-blackberry/
    I'm not following how you believe this can help? Can you please elaborate?

Looks like this would be loaded on the old 9900, but what would I synchronize? And what would I synchronize it to?
    05-06-15 10:04 PM
    Just a suggestion, only.

Pocket Controller allows you to copy and paste between the screen of your 9900 ti your PC and vice versa among other things.

As I said, it's a suggestion only.
    Attached Thumbnails In 3 years, bold 9900 fans will agree that the classic is better-pc_capture2.png  
    Soapm likes this.
    05-07-15 09:21 AM
85 1234