That'll be how long it takes BlackBerry to keep updating the software to include every ridiculous little details these people want.

Until then it'll be fun watching and reading the debates here.
    Mansoor2, JG_Agustin and chgaida like this.
    04-25-15 07:21 AM
    I'm a heavy iOS and Mac user and just got the classic for work. I have to say that the classic is pretty fast and Blackberry has improved a lot since I had my Bold 9930. I'm impressed.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    04-25-15 07:33 AM
    I have this Classic humming

10.3.2.500 with IMF and nuance files remove

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1014572

Do not upload 10.3.2.500 unless you know what you are doing. Load 10.3.2.2xx or lower first

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-25-15 07:40 AM
    Doubt it go look at the favorite BlackBerry thread. It's like 80% legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    andrewkontos likes this.
    04-25-15 02:11 PM
    Doubt it go look at the favorite BlackBerry thread. It's like 80% legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    Started a thread about modifying the 9900 with a replacement mother board. It would help BlackBerry stabilize the SAF revenue loss.

Here is the link
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1015516

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 02:20 PM
    I'm getting accustomed to the Classic but I do miss my bible app that only runs on BBOS. I had years of notes and thoughts that are priceless to me. It was one reason I stayed with BB through the years. I do wish there was a way to retrieve all those notes.
    04-25-15 03:16 PM
    d#s said:
    "That'll be how long it takes BlackBerry to keep updating the software to include every ridiculous little details these people want."
    ~~~~~~~~~

Looks like you're in the wrong thread. We're talking about a phone here, not software. But as it turns out, the OS is the problem, not the hardware.

I'm writing this on a Classic that I've had for a couple of weeks, and unfortunately I've got to return it. I think it's great, and I like Blackberrys in general, having used OS 6 and 7 phones for a few years. But I'm going back for now. BB10, while possessing some great traits and capabilities, is either not ready for general market consumption or is the target of a huge worldwide conspiracy. How else to explain the market share hovering somewhere between 1% and 0?

Your phone is your hobby, but that's no reason to expect everybody should want that. Most people have too much going on in their lives to find the time for it, and how many is "most"?

About 99.5% of the people buying smartphones today.

So why fuss? You're satisfied, most aren't. I can't stay with 10 right now because it makes the work I do too difficult. Just please keep reporting problems to RIM, cause I wanna come back next year and find 10 totally hummin'. ;-)
    wilsodg likes this.
    04-27-15 10:45 AM
    I'm a heavy iOS and Mac user and just got the classic for work. I have to say that the classic is pretty fast and Blackberry has improved a lot since I had my Bold 9930. I'm impressed.
    How do you like it compared to your iPhone?
    04-27-15 11:16 AM
    I'm getting accustomed to the Classic but I do miss my bible app that only runs on BBOS. I had years of notes and thoughts that are priceless to me. It was one reason I stayed with BB through the years. I do wish there was a way to retrieve all those notes.
    Can you not export any of the files to something like a word document ? Sounds like that 'bible' app isn't that great to be honest if it can't do a simple thing like that...
    BlackBerry 10 has the Remember app built in, which you can use to take notes and add tasks. Surely it would be a good replacement for that app. You could always use Evernote as well, which synchronizes with the cloud so you never really need to worry about losing your info when changing devices
    04-27-15 11:42 AM
    That'll be how long it takes BlackBerry to keep updating the software to include missing or broken features that power users need.

Fixed that for you.

For the record, there are three things that would satisfy me personally-

1) bring back Audio Boost- EASY fix, since it used to already be part of the operating system!

2) allow images and JavaScript to be blocked in the web browser. In the real world, people have plans with data caps

3) be able to set the number of times an alert sounds. If I don't hear it ding once, I don't hear it at all. In the real world, some people work in noisy areas.

Say what you want, but there's a reason Windows 7 still has 50% market share, Windows 8 was a failure, and Windows 10 will be a free upgrade to Win7 users. There's a difference between change and pulling the rug out from people's feet.

All the same, I'm keeping my Classic, I love it, but I know it's not "there" yet.
    04-27-15 12:30 PM
    There are a few things I miss, but not many. Real native Medscape and Kindle apps would be huge. And fixing their stupid coding bugs!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 02:02 PM
    LOL

Posted via International Passport
    04-27-15 02:11 PM
    LOL

I don't get how that was funny. Am I missing something?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Bbnivende and Anilu7 like this.
    04-27-15 03:56 PM
    I don't get how that was funny. Am I missing something?

I thought I had heard all the reasons as to why people stay with their old phones and this one is definitely a unique one... theres bible apps for bb10 too btw and you can also get android ones. Anyways just thought it was funny.

04-27-15 04:26 PM
    I thought I had heard all the reasons as to why people stay with their old phones and this one is definitely a unique one... theres bible apps for bb10 too btw and you can also get android ones. Anyways just thought it was funny.

Notice it's not the app he will miss, it is the notes he has made...

Soapm likes this.
    04-27-15 05:24 PM
    Can you not export any of the files to something like a word document ? Sounds like that 'bible' app isn't that great to be honest if it can't do a simple thing like that...
    The bible exports to some kind of database file that has a .bbr extension. I haven't been able to find another application to open the file or convert it to plain text. I can upload the backup if you're willing to take a stab at converting it.

BlackBerry 10 has the Remember app built in, which you can use to take notes and add tasks. Surely it would be a good replacement for that app. You could always use Evernote as well, which synchronizes with the cloud so you never really need to worry about losing your info when changing devices
    You missed the gist, the bible app let you put the notes on each verse. So it's not just having notes, it's having the notes tied to the verse. This was I can pull up that verse years from now and remember my thoughts/understanding of that verse.

I do use Remember and Evernote to keep my thoughts, especially things that come to me while walking or driving. And I especially like that I can group sets of voice notes to a single thought instead of having to name them "thought 1, thought 2 etc..." However, it now seems I'll have to get the paid version of Evernote because of the size of the sound files...
    04-27-15 07:56 PM

None are as good as the one I used on BBOS (in my opinion), it allowed Folders for bookmarks, I could put unlimited size personal notes on each verse and I could see those notes and the verse simultaneously on the screen. I've gone through everything in all the app stores and found two that come close, but none that was as logical and simple to use.

Then add what Slagman5 said, that I had 10+ years of irreplaceable thoughts and notes all written in individual verses... This includes complete class/sermon outlines, critical studies and epiphanies that may never come again... Those notes are my life and I'm like a fish out of water without them so I've been carrying both my classic and 9900 until I figure out how to retrieve those notes.
    04-27-15 08:07 PM
    That'll be how long it takes BlackBerry to keep updating the software to include every ridiculous little details these people want.

Nothing will make them happy.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:09 PM
    Nothing will make them happy.

Posted via CB10
    If McD's stopped selling Big Mac's, would it be fair to say, "nothing will make them happy" without finishing the statement with, "short of giving them back their Big Mac". We're expected to be happy with negative gain. We had a perfect running device that made sense and did the things we needed and it was replaced with one that's in my view less appealing.

My three main gripes are;

1. I liked my calendar agenda view to scroll continuously so I could easily find up coming events without knowing what week it's in.
    2. They gave us the ability to run Android apps but not our previous BBOS stuff (like my bible app, who cares what it looks like)
    3. The settings are hard to find and the system is not as customizable as before. Example, how do you permanently eliminate local contacts and calendars (those with wireless don't need local...). Why can't we change that ugly green calendar?
    4. No voicemail icon on the home screen.
    5. Actions are dependent on the screen you're in. Ex... Select a call and hit the green phone button in the HUB behaves differently than doing the same in the call log. The old BBOS had "expected" behavior no matter what screen you were in.
    6. I get one chime with a text message arrives so if the phone isn't in my reach I don't hear it.

Now there are some pluses, I like the Reminder app with voice notes and Android gave us more options for apps. The browser is much better (cuz they took column view out of BBOS) and the battery life can't be beat...
    04-27-15 08:28 PM
    Why don't you cut and paste it to your PC then up load it. I use writing type on my PC for my book

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:28 PM
    None are as good as the one I used on BBOS (in my opinion), it allowed Folders for bookmarks, I could put unlimited size personal notes on each verse and I could see those notes and the verse simultaneously on the screen. I've gone through everything in all the app stores and found two that come close, but none that was as logical and simple to use.

Then add what Slagman5 said, that I had 10+ years of irreplaceable thoughts and notes all written in individual verses... This includes complete class/sermon outlines, critical studies and epiphanies that may never come again... Those notes are my life and I'm like a fish out of water without them so I've been carrying both my classic and 9900 until I figure out how to retrieve those notes.
    Buddy, I wouldn't put too much thought into his stated reason for why he laughed at your comment. It's just something I learned about conversations on the internet. I'm agnostic myself, but I can understand how much those notes could mean to you, and the saying about "bible pages" I can imagine how hard it'll be to try to transfer all of that to a new app...

Have you checked to see if there was an Android app that had the features you want? If so, you can install that, and maybe over some time slowly copy over your notes to the new app. Maybe pick an app that has an option to export the notes to text files or something...

Soapm likes this.
    04-27-15 08:57 PM
    Have you checked to see if there was an Android app that had the features you want? If so, you can install that, and maybe over some time slowly copy over your notes to the new app. Maybe pick an app that has an option to export the notes to text files or something...

What I found is an Android bible that sync's to the web, iPad and BB. If I can get my notes in a text file then as you can suggest, I can slowly paste them into the web version and they'll begin appearing on both my iPad and BB. Two major problems with what I found is that it's sometimes not responsive on the touch screen (which seems to be common with Android apps) and I can't see the verse while looking at my notes. I like seeing the verse I'm expounding on but I guess there's going to be some trade off's so I can live with that...
    04-27-15 11:23 PM
    Why don't you cut and paste it to your PC then up load it. I use writing type on my PC for my book

Posted via CB10
    Who are you speaking to???
    04-27-15 11:25 PM
    What I found is an Android bible that sync's to the web, iPad and BB. If I can get my notes in a text file then as you can suggest, I can slowly paste them into the web version and they'll begin appearing on both my iPad and BB. Two major problems with what I found is that it's sometimes not responsive on the touch screen (which seems to be common with Android apps) and I can't see the verse while looking at my notes. I like seeing the verse I'm expounding on but I guess there's going to be some trade off's so I can live with that...
    Ah ok. Hopefully there will be an option for you that works out the way you want it to. Good luck with all of that.
    Soapm likes this.
    04-28-15 12:08 AM
    I have this Classic humming

10.3.2.500 with IMF and nuance files remove

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1014572

Do not upload 10.3.2.500 unless you know what you are doing. Load 10.3.2.2xx or lower first

Posted via CB10
    Or don't load 10.3.2 period until it's ready?

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-28-15 12:30 AM
85 123 ...