Thinking of an HTC One M8 because of the superior display if BlackBerry doesn't come up with a replacement for the Z10 or the Z30.
    I'm going to miss the BlackBerry 10 platform though as I find Android to be rather boring and iOS8 both restrictive AND boring.
    Time will tell, I'm in no hurry and neither is BlackBerry. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 12:27 AM
    Their only target market should be not to go out of business. You really think the passport would be such a big success if it had crappy specs like the z30. The z10 had good enough specs but the build quality really hindered it from making any kind of mark on the market. Specs matter bc in this generation we have been spoiled by beautifully dense screens and massive batteries. Why expect anything less just bc it's for the average business user?

Windmere
    Because more of them are using BBOS devices with BBOS specs than are using BB10 devices, so there is a chance specs aren't the end all and be all but productivity is.
    11-21-14 12:31 AM
    Thinking of an HTC One M8 because of the superior display if BlackBerry doesn't come up with a replacement for the Z10 or the Z30.
    I'm going to miss the BlackBerry 10 platform though as I find Android to be rather boring and iOS8 both restrictive AND boring.
    Time will tell, I'm in no hurry and neither is BlackBerry. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    I just want to ask, why is BB10 not boring? It's more restrictive than both of those OS's. Not to mention, extremely boring. You can basically change nothing except settings on and off. No themes, mostly dead app market, etc.

I love the quickness and swipe features, but it is way boring than Android or iOS could ever be.
    11-21-14 12:53 AM
    I just want to ask, why is BB10 not boring? It's more restrictive than both of those OS's. Not to mention, extremely boring. You can basically change nothing except settings on and off. No themes, mostly dead app market, etc.

I love the quickness and swipe features, but it is way boring than Android or iOS could ever be.
    Did they ever give you more notification options for iOS than just on or off for messages other than texts? And did they finally let you pick any sound you may have for your text messages or are you still stuck with picking from a short list of default sounds? I'm just wondering, never tried iOS 6...
    11-21-14 02:04 AM
    Did they ever give you more notification options for iOS than just on or off for messages other than texts? And did they finally let you pick any sound you may have for your text messages or are you still stuck with picking from a short list of default sounds? I'm just wondering, never tried iOS 6...
    Yes...so much stuff changed in the past few years.

Watch this first few seconds.

For the sounds, I think it's still default sounds only. Unless you jailbreak.

What do you mean iOS 6? There is iOS 8 now! To be honest I like the older icons better.
    11-21-14 03:30 AM
    Samsung has a phone with only 255 PPI.
    The only way you can say the classic is "on the low end" is to say that it is on the low end of hi-res devices.

I would prefer something a little higher, but I think that 720 was the right move.

1440 would be overkill.

800x800 would be about perfect at 323 PPI.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:03 AM
    Yes...so much stuff changed in the past few years.

Watch this first few seconds.

For the sounds, I think it's still default sounds only. Unless you jailbreak.

What do you mean iOS 6? There is iOS 8 now! To be honest I like the older icons better.
    Oops, that's what I meant, I had 6 in the brain because of iphone 6.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-21-14 09:29 AM
    eh, the iphone 6 is 326 dpi and the screen look fantastic. As long as the classic screen is as good or better than my q10, I don't care what the spec sheets say.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-21-14 09:55 AM
    eh, the iphone 6 is 326 dpi and the screen look fantastic. As long as the classic screen is as good or better than my q10, I don't care what the spec sheets say.
    I'd be inclined to say that 294 compares very well to 326, and most users would be hard-pressed to notice the difference in most circumstances.

It is worth noting that the Classic is going to be slightly less dense as the Q10 because it's a larger screen with the same resolution. Again, for most users in most circumstances it likely won't be noticeable.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome PASSPORT(!) 2BDDB50E
    11-23-14 10:09 PM
84 ... 234