Any chance you notice individual pixels on the Classic screen? I believe the human eye threshold is about ~300 ppi. Most people are now used to high-res high end screens, and I wonder how the screen on the Classic will be received.
    11-14-14 03:45 PM
    It's about the same as the Z30, but LCD vs AMOLED.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    11-14-14 03:49 PM
    Yes, 720 by 720 in 2015? Really Blackberry? Not to mention asking $450?(Preorder)

With that low of a resolution, I would expect the battery to increase ten-fold.
    mona5804 and Dubaix87 like this.
    11-14-14 05:00 PM
    Yes! Yes! It is! Why would blackberry make such a sub par screen? The main reason I didn't want to wait for the classic any more. The passport has everything a modern smartphone should have.

Windmere
    rai187 likes this.
    11-14-14 05:08 PM
    what if they out a 3.2ghz i8, 1440 x 140 screen 3570mah, in there and charged 359, would that make people feel better? Sick of these specs = cost things.
    digitamer likes this.
    11-14-14 06:14 PM
    Well, this isn't a high end phone anyway

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:18 PM
    Any chance you notice individual pixels on the Classic screen? I believe the human eye threshold is about ~300 ppi. Most people are now used to high-res high end screens, and I wonder how the screen on the Classic will be received.
    For the target market, it will be received quite well.
    11-14-14 06:24 PM
    Their only target market should be not to go out of business. You really think the passport would be such a big success if it had crappy specs like the z30. The z10 had good enough specs but the build quality really hindered it from making any kind of mark on the market. Specs matter bc in this generation we have been spoiled by beautifully dense screens and massive batteries. Why expect anything less just bc it's for the average business user?

Windmere
    keepit dry likes this.
    11-14-14 07:06 PM
    The last device I used with less than 300ppi was the Bold. At 294ppi, the Classic screen is just better than the Bold 9900 screen's 286ppi.

The specs are so similar to a Q10. Qualcomm 1.5gHz dual core CPU and 2gb of ram. 16gb of onboard storage and microSD expansion. 720x720 display (though the Q10 manages over 300ppi thanks to it's slightly smaller size) 8mp rear camera and 2mp front camera.

The Classic has a 0.36" larger display. A 415mAh larger battery. A couple additional supported LTE bands. Though, the Q10 supports CDMA and can be used on Verizon and others that the Classic does not support. The Q10 can be had for $199. You have to really really want a tool belt and trackpad and those other marginal spec bumps to pay $450.
    mona5804 and kolok like this.
    11-14-14 07:06 PM
    Their only target market should be not to go out of business. You really think the passport would be such a big success if it had crappy specs like the z30. The z10 had good enough specs but the build quality really hindered it from making any kind of mark on the market. Specs matter bc in this generation we have been spoiled by beautifully dense screens and massive batteries. Why expect anything less just bc it's for the average business user?

Windmere
    What? The Z10 had very nice build quality, but year old specs. The Z30, by the time it came out, also had year old specs, but with lower resolution screen.

I don't know,.. I guess the Classic is,... an upgrade from a Bold 9900? Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 07:14 PM
    I don't know,.. I guess the Classic is,... an upgrade from a Bold 9900? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Which is exactly what it is meant to be.

Posted via CB10
    nyfinch likes this.
    11-14-14 07:17 PM
    You also have to remember that it's 294 ppi on a smaller screen. A 294 ppi might not be awesome on a 4.7" display but on this smaller screen, it could end up looking great!

I'm excited.
    11-14-14 07:40 PM

Windmere
    Passport is a different market. All the users that I know that have a Q10 don't say anything bad about the screen resolution (ppi), neither do anyone I show my Z30, which has similar ppi. Business people don't care about ppi, they care about getting things done.

And bc isnt' a word. Did you mean because?

Last edited by Bluenoser63; 11-14-14 at 08:03 PM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-14-14 07:49 PM
    The last device I used with less than 300ppi was the Bold. At 294ppi, the Classic screen is just better than the Bold 9900 screen's 286ppi.

The specs are so similar to a Q10. Qualcomm 1.5gHz dual core CPU and 2gb of ram. 16gb of onboard storage and microSD expansion. 720x720 display (though the Q10 manages over 300ppi thanks to it's slightly smaller size) 8mp rear camera and 2mp front camera.

The Classic has a 0.36" larger display. A 415mAh larger battery. A couple additional supported LTE bands. Though, the Q10 supports CDMA and can be used on Verizon and others that the Classic does not support. The Q10 can be had for $199. You have to really really want a tool belt and trackpad and those other marginal spec bumps to pay $450.
    The Q10 is on sale at 199. That wasn't the regular price.
    11-14-14 07:52 PM
    The Q10 is on sale at 199. That wasn't the regular price.
    I'm not saying that $199 was the original price... But it is the price you can get one for now... and the Classic is available for preorder now, so I think the current sale price is very relevant.
    11-14-14 08:01 PM
    That's the problem, the classic should cater to every customer. Also the z10 compared to an HTC m8 or the passport feels like an $8 calculator. Bc isn't a word I agree but auto correct don't care.

Windmere
    11-14-14 08:02 PM
    I have to say $450US makes me think twice. Was hoping for $349US which would have been a no brainer. Makes the Passport look like a better deal. Decisions, decisions.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-14-14 08:12 PM

Specs are unofficial. Not saying it won't be that, but still might be a good idea to wait for official specs before we complain.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-14-14 08:35 PM
    I'm not saying that $199 was the original price... But it is the price you can get one for now... and the Classic is available for preorder now, so I think the current sale price is very relevant.
    They are sold out at shop blackberry so you can't get one now at that price from there.
    11-14-14 10:16 PM
    That's the problem, the classic should cater to every customer. Also the z10 compared to an HTC m8 or the passport feels like an $8 calculator. Bc isn't a word I agree but auto correct don't care.

Windmere
    You have to know your market. Mom and pop Smith isn't going to buy a Classic.

And by the way, auto correct doesn't care.
    11-14-14 10:18 PM
    You also have to remember that it's 294 ppi on a smaller screen. A 294 ppi might not be awesome on a 4.7" display but on this smaller screen, it could end up looking great!
    11-14-14 11:02 PM
    I think many people out there today don't understand how computer work and therefore look at the numbers because that's the only way they can make themselves make a decision. Here is an example for everyone.

We have a 250 GB Hard drive at 10,000 rpm and we have a 750 GB hard drive at 5,400 rpm. Now if you showed that to someone they would instantly pick the 750 because obviously bigger is better right? And that's were many go wrong.

Just because a phone has a 1.7ghz dual core does not means it going to be slow and not work. BlackBerry is not designing their devices for games and people need to understand that. They are working around security and mobility for work.

iPhone 6 has a 1.4ghz Dual Core and no one seems to mind that? Have faith in BlackBerry. I always believe you get what you pay for and if they have bumped the price a bit, it could mean better internals.

Have faith in BlackBerry that they will supply us with a device that will be smooth and functional for our work and social needs. (possibly gaming too)

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    11-14-14 11:37 PM
    You're using a Q5! Lol your credibility has gone out the window. Use a passport for a week and you tell me if adequate is what we all should be paying for a premium price (the classic). All I'm saying is that BlackBerry really blew it by not giving this device a good screen like z10 n pp.

Windmere
    11-15-14 12:12 AM
    I'm sorry BlackBerry disappointed you Mona5804, I'm more than happy to continue supporting them no matter how many mistakes they make, they've already got us addicted to the HUB, so I guess they can call the shots however they feel.. and btw who are you to question others credibility? That's just mean! LOL

STA100-6
    11-15-14 01:53 AM
    I think many people out there today don't understand how computer work and therefore look at the numbers because that's the only way they can make themselves make a decision. Here is an example for everyone.

We have a 250 GB Hard drive at 10,000 rpm and we have a 750 GB hard drive at 5,400 rpm. Now if you showed that to someone they would instantly pick the 750 because obviously bigger is better right? And that's were many go wrong.

Just because a phone has a 1.7ghz dual core does not means it going to be slow and not work. BlackBerry is not designing their devices for games and people need to understand that. They are working around security and mobility for work.

iPhone 6 has a 1.4ghz Dual Core and no one seems to mind that? Have faith in BlackBerry. I always believe you get what you pay for and if they have bumped the price a bit, it could mean better internals.

Have faith in BlackBerry that they will supply us with a device that will be smooth and functional for our work and social needs. (possibly gaming too)

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    Hey man, not trying to be mean or undermine your point, just wanted to point something out. Even the rpm of the harddrive isn't really everything either. If you get a harddrive with much higher capacity, sometimes a slower rpm wouldn't make any difference since higher capacity drives are much denser. Meaning the platters are the same size, but is denser, so it doesn't take as much movement in the reading head to accomplish the same thing as a smaller capacity drive. Of course in your example the difference between 5400 to 10000 and a difference of only a few hundred gb's, what I'm talking about wouldn't really apply. Just wanted to mention that aspect.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-15-14 01:59 AM
84 123 ...