12-10-18 08:19 AM
79 ... 234
tools
    The Classic was indeed quite the beast as a one-handed device. These days ergonomics have COMPLETELY gone out the window, which is why we get giant glass back slabs that need cases as soon as they're taken out of the box and that are impossible to operate entirely with one hand.
    The KEY devices are as close to the Classic as you'll ever get in the current smartphone world.
    The key devices are overall the same size as the giant glass slabs you refer to and just as difficult to manage entirely one-handed. The BB Classic form factor is a different beast altogether and was "designed" to be used one-handed. The key devices really can't claim this. Basic functions can be done with one hand but android will not permit true one-handed operations unless one's thumb is the length of ET's finger.

Key devices have PKB shortcuts, but with edge gestures, flick folders and edge sliders etc, the shortcut functionality / ergonomics of modern slab can match and arguably improve upon key device shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gene Fells; 11-05-18 at 09:57 PM.
    11-05-18 09:16 PM
    i want a used classic in india ...unable to find....can anyone ship to india for me...i will pay shipping also
    11-07-18 01:30 AM
    Absolutely agree with you sir.

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry Classic
    11-15-18 09:10 AM
    I have been using a BlackBerry KEY2 for a week now after having switched the SIM card into it from my beloved Classic. While there are certain advantages to using the Classic (eg. more compact, less apps so less distracting, nice keyboard), the KEY2 also has it's advantages (such as better camera, more apps, capacitive keyboard). I suppose it's a trade-off, a balancing act as to what device works better overall for you. I still miss my Classic and will always keep it as a backup device; although, having the nice camera to be able to use to take pictures fast of my toddler is a huge bonus, plus being able to share those photos easily with family in another city. If I didn't really need the camera so much and just needed a pure texting and phone call-making device, the Classic would for sure be the winner.
    12-10-18 08:19 AM
79 ... 234