They, BlackBerry, did not wait to release 10.2.1. It was the carriers. I was livid as were many on AT&T. I went back to my 9900 until 10.2.1 was FINALLY released OTA. It's all about $$ and always will be. Carriers were still paying for OS7 devices and butt hurt. Devices like iphones and early Android used a ton of data they could charge for and make money. It's all very simple really and unfortunately. An OS like BlackBerry 10 with developer and carrier support (and no Android runtime) would have been amazing. Lastly the Q10 100 percent should have been the Classic with a track pad and toolbar for all migrating 9900 users.
    04-05-18 04:02 PM
    Having a BlackBerry Classic is like going back to having real conversations with friends without your mobile device lighting up your face 😳 some of us are clinging to the past for good reason !
    elfabio80 and ftdm like this.
    04-07-18 04:20 PM
    In the end, those that cling to the past, hinder the future.
    Unreflected quoting of this sentence is extremely dangerous. Just have a look at some recent OECD studies and automation. Or reverting of long fought for rights that are now being revoked because of "hindering the future" / "safety" / dictatorship / profit gain / ....
    04-09-18 04:32 AM
    @Dunt Dunt Dunt

I don't get it. Does "future" mean every phone being the size of an HDTV?

I am not clinging to the past, I am using the products which suit my preferences and needs. My preferences and needs are not that crazy: a phone that I can use with one hand and which has a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes "The future" hinders itself. Lol.
    Attached Thumbnails 2018 updated Classic-into-future....jpg  
    04-09-18 04:58 AM
    An un-hindered future? Think i'll invest in ladder companies! Lol.
    Attached Thumbnails 2018 updated Classic-un-hindered-future.jpg  
    ftdm likes this.
    04-09-18 01:24 PM
    How does him promoting the keyone affect your enjoyment of your passport? You give people that much power over you?
    04-11-18 04:18 AM
    Point being, they do have a solid product - problem is people are overly babied and finicky about things that are meaningless - such as " it's a millisecond slower than x branded phone " which becomes a ridiculously overblown point in a so called professional review - a review is supposed to be a competent piece of info unbiased and not compared to another phone that has very little in common with phone under review
    Smokeaire likes this.
    04-11-18 09:53 AM
    My Q10 is great. It's small and fast in 2018, big phones and are clumsy and difficult to use one handed. I took the time to figure out BB 10 and they had it engineered back then. I also wish they would keep supporting the OS. Anyway I run my business with this phone. Key assignment, BB Maps, voice command, Decent camera, screen mirroring, What's App with Nemory fixer works great, Gmail, Text message all work, two gigs of Ramm, for this little phone. Love it!
    @Dunt Dunt Dunt

I don't get it. Does "future" mean every phone being the size of an HDTV?

I am not clinging to the past, I am using the products which suit my preferences and needs. My preferences and needs are not that crazy: a phone that I can use with one hand and which has a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    10-31-18 09:45 PM
    My Q10 is great. It's small and fast in 2018, big phones and are clumsy and difficult to use one handed. I took the time to figure out BB 10 and they had it engineered back then. I also wish they would keep supporting the OS. Anyway I run my business with this phone. Key assignment, BB Maps, voice command, Decent camera, screen mirroring, What's App with Nemory fixer works great, Gmail, Text message all work, two gigs of Ramm, for this little phone. Love it!
    Fast? The Q10 is fast in 2018?

And how's that battery life with Android WhatsApp?
    11-01-18 03:06 AM
    Fast? The Q10 is fast in 2018?

And how's that battery life with Android WhatsApp?
    How fast, well it takes two hands to use a Samsung 7 and you have to click the right button and swipe the screen then find your your app by swiping scrolling up down right left and the with two hands start typing with two hands. The Q10 swipe up and click a pre set key and your app opens type using one hand, that is fast. Or swipe up and just start typing (it has a key board) what ever you type gets associated with apps you want to use. WhatsApp video works flawless over thew 4Glte network. Battery Life all day limited use, 4 hours heavy use. Its still a great phone and ITS SMALL. 66 percent of people say phone are getting to big.
    Nemory studios is offering modified apps that will work on 10 he fixed WhatsApp and others, If he can get Verizon HD voice working for a price that would be great.
    11-01-18 10:25 AM
    The q10 and shinier neat-er version classic are fast veryfast forthose things it does

Its

It's qnx the architecture thisssssis oneofthe keyfeatures thatmade bb10great

Instead of shoddy bloated delayed slowere sluggish android types withbloatware
    It s quick fast reliable and safe enough

Ilove it

Whereits not fast is hosting the newest version of Android apps that run on a jellybean requirement sortof

Isay right this using android apps was the critical fail of the q10 notjust bugs, the odd menus withoutthe productivitykeys were annoyance instead perfection and the screen too dim which didn't help the perceptionof all keyboard as nostalgy

Now with ironed out weakness androidapps runing decently it's a very quick usefulphone just thatnow it's toolate 2019 in 8weeks or sth

Thekey howeveris besides these device specific issues atthestart it's not just that,its that what microsoft failed in

The
    App
    Realm
    Eco sphere

They made itlook like making abrilliant hightechdevice is the easy part and hosting shoddy bloatware apprealms the valuable part because they can leech the data

And rightthis stuff then with the app ecosphere was where bb failed as microsoft

Isthere space for a third ecosphere
    Alltheprogrammers do that tenyears now

Posted via CB10
    11-01-18 11:43 AM
    How fast, well it takes two hands to use a Samsung 7 and you have to click the right button and swipe the screen then find your your app by swiping scrolling up down right left and the with two hands start typing with two hands. The Q10 swipe up and click a pre set key and your app opens type using one hand, that is fast. Or swipe up and just start typing (it has a key board) what ever you type gets associated with apps you want to use. WhatsApp video works flawless over thew 4Glte network. Battery Life all day limited use, 4 hours heavy use. Its still a great phone and ITS SMALL. 66 percent of people say phone are getting to big.
    Nemory studios is offering modified apps that will work on 10 he fixed WhatsApp and others, If he can get Verizon HD voice working for a price that would be great.
    Some light reading for you on your "antique" - "outdated" - "apparently sluggish" device......

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1154426

Posted via CB10
    11-01-18 06:30 PM
    I have 4 freinds that have bought these old phones hmm why??
    11-01-18 08:10 PM
    I have 4 freinds that have bought these old phones hmm why??
    Because core functionality is excellent. The OS does not accumulate bloat over time and the OS remains smooth and fluid. This is the same scenario with windows mobile - fluid, core app offerings are excellent and the metro interface and startscreen are superb.

Ironically both BB10 and WM10 have similar EOL dates at the end of 2019.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-18 09:38 PM
    That's a bummer. I hate going back to the J7 it just sucks. Maybe the key 2 will work for me, in my business I need a small phone small screen the Q10 fits my need ie fixing CNC machinery in close quarters.
    11-01-18 09:48 PM
    Keep using what works for you. No need to change if the device meets your needs. I bought a S7 Edge on a one day offering from T-Mobile for 360 in Feb '17. I used it for a bit but never really got used to its size. My sister had an S7 that I bought outright in September '17 for 200. For an all touch it was definitely an improvement for my needs. March of this year T-Mobile offered us 360 on trade ins for the S9 (a BOGO) we did it and again the ergonomics and size for an all touch meet my needs. One issue remains. I miss the PKB and rather exclusive nature of my Cobalt Classic like crazy. So every couple of weeks I turn it on and use it, like now. Honestly this device still does all the things I really need and in a manner that does not make me think it is "slow" in anyway. In fact shortcuts and BlackBerry 10 make many operations more efficient than Android Oreo and the 845 SOC in my S9. What I am quickly coming to realize is that all my more recent updates have actually been unnecessary and frivolous. My S9 is paid for so no real need to sell, but I may anyway. I held a Key 2LE the other day @ Best Buy and I think it may be my next device and to use for several years forward. I really like the polycarbonate build, so I don't need a case, and the keys felt good (not sure if they are as good as my Classic as I did not have enough time) it moved around quickly on the 636 and the screen was HD crisp. I'll probably wait until the Atomic version is released as that look is exceptional. Flagship devices are simply overblown and if it were not for "deals" of BOGO I don't believe 80+ percentage of users would upgrade as they do and I have.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    the_boon likes this.
    11-03-18 12:31 PM
    Having a BlackBerry Classic is like going back to having real conversations with friends without your mobile device lighting up your face ������ some of us are clinging to the past for good reason !
    Wow, I really like this comment!
    11-03-18 02:33 PM
    I am in agreement. who said all phones have to look the same. it is a bit of an overkill in the glass slab market i am typing on a bold 9650 just for the hell of it the thing works like a charm after so many years

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    11-03-18 03:23 PM
    I am in agreement. who said all phones have to look the same. it is a bit of an overkill in the glass slab market i am typing on a bold 9650 just for the hell of it the thing works like a charm after so many years

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    I also hate that all the OEM's strayed to the glass slab form factor for everything.
    That's partly why I support BlackBerry Mobile, their devices give a breath of fresh air in a slabturated market that's more boring now than ever
    11-03-18 03:44 PM
    It truly is boring and I believe saturation is here. Without BOGO most would not upgrade to "move" new hardware. I made my way back to Best Buy today to check out the Slate Key 2 LE here in Sacramento CA. They had it marked incorrectly as a Key 2 and @ 649 instead of the correct 449. I let the manager know immediately.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    11-03-18 09:03 PM
    They had it marked incorrectly as a Key 2 and @ 649 instead of the correct 449. I let the manager know immediately.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    BB must really not be in their priority for them to make such a mistake. I bet they would never have mistakenly upmarked an iPhone or Galaxy.
    11-04-18 02:05 AM
    BB must really not be in their priority
    The understatement of the century in the smartphone world.
    11-04-18 02:47 PM
    I wish my Classic still worked. It's the only Berry I've owned that has comatosed. It ran great for about two years then just died one day. I think using another charger type roasted the battery.

But I loved that damn phone. It was the first BB10 Berry I bought that jumped me back into the black ship.

That toolbelt was revolutionary.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-18 12:21 AM
    I wish my Classic still worked. It's the only Berry I've owned that has comatosed. It ran great for about two years then just died one day. I think using another charger type roasted the battery.

But I loved that damn phone. It was the first BB10 Berry I bought that jumped me back into the black ship.

That toolbelt was revolutionary.

Posted via CB10
    The Classic was indeed quite the beast as a one-handed device. These days ergonomics have COMPLETELY gone out the window, which is why we get giant glass back slabs that need cases as soon as they're taken out of the box and that are impossible to operate entirely with one hand.
    The KEY devices are as close to the Classic as you'll ever get in the current smartphone world.
    11-05-18 02:42 AM
    who said all phones have to look the same
    This million times.

I miss golden era of 00s. I miss when Nokia had Frank Nuovo designs or even more crazier ones. When Siemens and Sony Ericsson were stylish and productive as well.

I was too young back then so couldnt afford anything of that, only low tier phones. Sometimes i wanna collect all those vintage phones i loved so much but never could get, for nostalgia museum or even for everyday dumbphone use (modern dumbphones are much worse though, when they dont even have organizer apps), but it's hard now to get authentic relic of the past instead of counterfeit knock off (with price bigger than original's cost).

That was kind of the reason why i got BB Classic in 2017.

As for key2, i'd keep that one in mind. Though honestly i kind of hate Android system. I'm mostly fine with iOS for iPad for many reasons, but would never use iPhone for other reasons. Still, when i had android device, that thing left huge distaste in my mouth. It was actually before getting Classic, lol. Though Classic for me now is just for sms/calls and music/photos, as nearly all apps are broken (damn whatsapp betrays me now), and in my country BBM and BBID are blocked so i'm even risking bricking my classic unless travelling to other country or using vpn... Despite that, it's one of most comfortable phones i used, and BB10 OS is one of most ergonomical ones in my eyes... i hope they changed androind on key2 to function more like 10
    11-05-18 07:46 AM
81 1234