The one thing that Iphone and Android have done well is brainwashing the masses - seriously are you one of the nitwits that would shell out for a phone with **** all for memory and battery and still think you were getting a fabulous product?!!!!SMH

Posted via CB10
    03-12-18 03:18 PM
    The only thing I will concede is that Blackberry did a pathetic job of marketing its phones

Posted via CB10
    03-12-18 03:31 PM
    The one thing that Iphone and Android have done well is brainwashing the masses - seriously are you one of the nitwits that would shell out for a phone with **** all for memory and battery and still think you were getting a fabulous product?!!!!SMH

Posted via CB10
    I have a 7Plus and think it's a great phone. Battery life is good and it does what my Passport can't.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    03-12-18 05:59 PM
    Yeah the main point I am making here is my unhappiness with the way reviewers largely did what they could to bash a product that they didn't understand and gave it all they had to help bring down BB10 phones. Period

Posted via CB10
    03-13-18 04:38 PM
    Yeah the main point I am making here is my unhappiness with the way reviewers largely did what they could to bash a product that they didn't understand and gave it all they had to help bring down BB10 phones. Period

Posted via CB10
    It wouldn't have mattered. BB10 wasn't supposed to succeed from the very founders that started it.
    03-13-18 05:56 PM
    Totally agree. Phones are way to big these days and people waste their lives on them using pointless apps..wasting time on instagram..facebook...simple is always best that's why I love the BB10 platform and it's lineup of phones. Classic..passport..leap...amazing phones for people that have a life outside their phones.

Posted via CB10
    Could not say better
    03-20-18 04:58 PM
    You and a couple thousand others...

In the end, those that cling to the past, hinder the future.
    What a crock. This is narrowing everyone's mind. And doesn't help the bb10 revolution.. Which they way good ol fooledya ( google). Is despicable that OS was and is far ahead of its time. And no one ( google and apple). Let it survive. It was very poor marketing on BlackBerry part. And the fact that these company's paid anyone and everybody to kill BlackBerry 10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    04-01-18 02:07 PM
    What a crock. This is narrowing everyone's mind. And doesn't help the bb10 revolution.. Which they way good ol fooledya ( google). Is despicable that OS was and is far ahead of its time. And no one ( google and apple). Let it survive. It was very poor marketing on BlackBerry part. And the fact that these company's paid anyone and everybody to kill BlackBerry 10
    It wasn't just poor marketing.

No developer support. No sales.

No one except crackberry and a few others wanted BB10. The market spoke and BB10 was left behind.

They tried everything to get it off the ground. Different types of phones, android compatibility, different colors, and a bunch of other things to get people excited and invested. It didn't work.

That's not to say that BlackBerry helped themselves. They shot themselves in the foot numerous times. I just don't think more marketing dollars would have brought the revenue needed to turn a profit.

I do love BB10 and will use it for as long as I can until I am forced to.

04-01-18 04:07 PM
    BYOD I think killed BlackBerry. Companies got cheap and were ok with employees bringing their devices and I guess felt iPhones and android could be secure enough. I just picked a classic up and love the size and battery compared to my samsung 7 edge.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-01-18 08:21 PM
    BYOD I think killed BlackBerry. Companies got cheap and were ok with employees bringing their devices and I guess felt iPhones and android could be secure enough. I just picked a classic up and love the size and battery compared to my samsung 7 edge.

Posted via CB10
    A Samsung S7 Edge should have better battery life than a Classic running Android apps
    04-02-18 06:36 AM
    A Samsung S7 Edge should have better battery life than a Classic running Android apps
    That's the thing, BB10 had terrible battery life... took a huge battery to overcome the OS poor performance. Partly due to the need for the Android Runtime, but I expect too that simple fact that BB10 never had the refinement and optimization that comes with time. Chen pretty much killed BB10 development in 2014...

Have always wondered what a pure QNX OS would have been like. Drop the runtime, and maybe even BBM.... even the Z10 might have lasted days. But in the end... users needed apps.
    04-02-18 07:51 AM
    That's the thing, BB10 had terrible battery life... took a huge battery to overcome the OS poor performance.
    This is exactly why I don't understand why many people praise it as the best mobile OS ever developed, when System and Android Player tend to be so high on the battery stats...
    04-02-18 08:02 AM
    This is exactly why I don't understand why many people praise it as the best mobile OS ever developed, when System and Android Player tend to be so high on the battery stats...
    It was the UI... and the fact that it wasn't Apple or Google (just relied on Google). BB10 had potential, and BlackBerry did focus more on business usage.. so for many it was a better OS, even without all the apps. But we are talking a small niche....

If BB10 had lunched in 2007 and if BlackBerry had stayed in the race and been able to further develop the OS for five of six years.... a beauty it might have been.
    04-02-18 08:11 AM
    Way, way back I used to point to this comprehensive mobile OS review: https://www.digit.in/mobile-phones/t...-os-23575.html . Remember, originally, BB10 was conceived without the android runtime which was only added as a hail Mary to try and save it.
    04-02-18 08:19 AM
    Remember, originally, BB10 was conceived without the android runtime which was only added as a hail Mary to try and save it.
    You mean before BB10 ever saw the light of day?
    04-02-18 08:37 AM
    You mean before BB10 ever saw the light of day?
    Yeah.
    04-02-18 08:39 AM
    Way, way back I used to point to this comprehensive mobile OS review: https://www.digit.in/mobile-phones/t...-os-23575.html . Remember, originally, BB10 was conceived without the android runtime which was only added as a hail Mary to try and save it.
    It was a last minute hail Mary for the PlayBook OS... two years later it was part of the core of what had become BB10.

It was a crutch that they leaned on too much.... but at the time it seemed like a great idea, and would surely allow developers to bring their apps to BlackBerry.
    04-02-18 08:40 AM
    It was a last minute hail Mary for the PlayBook OS... two years later it was part of the core of what had become BB10.

It was a crutch that they leaned on too much.... but at the time it seemed like a great idea, and would surely allow developers to bring their apps to BlackBerry.
    I (maybe mistakenly?) always thought the original plan for the OS never really included a runtime and that it was added to the PlayBook when they realized the app problem was too great to overcome. Was BB10 a reality or just a concept when the PlayBook was introduced?
    04-02-18 08:45 AM
    I (maybe mistakenly?) always thought the original plan for the OS never really included a runtime and that it was added to the PlayBook when they realized the app problem was too great to overcome. Was BB10 a reality or just a concept when the PlayBook was introduced?
    BB10 was a continued development of PlayBook OS.
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-02-18 08:47 AM
    At one point was the Playbook supposed to get BB10 as an update or something?

04-02-18 07:48 PM
    At one point was the Playbook supposed to get BB10 as an update or something?

I think someone from BB mentioned that the PlayBook would get BB10 but then it was discovered that the resources required (ram?) were a bit short for a good BB10 experience. Canned and ticked off lots of customers.
    04-02-18 08:12 PM
    I think someone from BB mentioned that the PlayBook would get BB10 but then it was discovered that the resources required (ram?) were a bit short for a good BB10 experience. Canned and ticked off lots of customers.
    This.
    04-03-18 06:32 AM
    That "someone" was CEO Thorsten Heins, and the resource needs of BB10 were well-known at the time - it was the reason BB10's original hardware was abandoned and the Z10 and Q10 were pushed back for a newer hardware setup with 2 GB of RAM instead of the 1 GB of RAM originally intended.
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-03-18 11:14 AM
    Well I'm not running any android apps. I just want a simple phone and email device. I mean I do have an iphone as well. But that does better than my samsung.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-18 09:20 PM
    If I was a conspiracy theorist I would say that the morons who reviewed the BB10 phones were simply paid to write up the most negative reviews their little brains were capable of

Posted via CB10
    BB10 reviews were not terrible in 2013, but the OS was bad. Lots of bugs. The return rate was high. Nothing matters after 2013. In the tech world in nature markets the first impression is critical. BlackBerry lost the opportunity to win by two critical failing, way too late with BB10, and then waiting until BB10 2.1 to release a solid product.
    04-05-18 02:51 PM
81 1234