Hey everyone.
    So regular followers of this forum will probably know I've had some trials and tests with coming back over to BlackBerry as I've noted in other threads. Originally I picked up a black Classic but after a day with it I got rid of it thinking I preferred the Q10 I'd had a couple of months before.

I ended up picking up a Q10 which just didn't do it for me anymore. It was too small, the screen wasn't great with the small size and AMOLED which didn't perform too well in all conditions.
    I found myself missing the bigger keypad and size of the Classic which I regretted getting rid of.

Anyway I decided to try again with Classic, but this time I went with a white one as I liked the black, but felt that the white would be a nice change.

I got my white from Amazon delivered and there was no SD card tray in the phone straight out the brand new sealed box!

2 weeks with Classic... from iPhone 6-fullsizerender.jpg

Naturally I was not happy but Amazon's great customer service saw them send me a brand new one the very next day.

So I began setting up. I currently own an iPhone 6 and have been using that since February. I like the iPhone but I was craving the BlackBerry experience again. I use my phone for communication more than anything and mostly it is WhatsApp, texting, emails, BBM, and Facebook. I knew that the Classic could do the majority of these better than the iPhone, purely because of the keypad, but intended to keep both phones so if I needed the iPhone for anything, I could swap Sims and go.

So here I am nearly 2 weeks on with the Classic. Let's just say I am in love.
    This phone is, for me, one of the best BlackBerry's that I have ever used.
    I am so impressed with it.
    The screen is just a wonderful size. On paper the screen size doesn't seem too much bigger than the Q10, but in reality it is night and day different. So much better and the LCD means that the display can be viewed in sunshine with hardly any difficulty.

I have changed the colour settings of my screen so there is more of a blueish tint but it is perfect. It is now a lovely crisp vibrant display and looks fantastic.

I have got all my apps up and running and side loaded Snap. I have had a couple of issues which have been annoying, like Facebook not giving me any notifications. I've managed to sort this though by deleting the app and starting again by redownloading it. Now I'm getting all notifications which is great.

I find communication on this to be fantastic. The keyboard! It is just heavenly. It's quite clicky but it provides the perfect amount of feedback and for me, it is the perfect size!

I haven't touched my iPhone for the 2 weeks and I don't feel like I need to. The only thing that I miss is Instagram and I'm crying out for them to make a BlackBerry version. It really would make the device perfect for me. The android version is ok but the screen shape isn't right to view all that you can on other devices.
    But there are work around.

I don't find myself using the track pad too much tbh. The tool belt keys work nicely but the track pad hardly gets touched unless I am editing things or scrolling down a list of notifications to mark as read etc. But it's great that it's there.

I could go on and on, but I wanted to highlight that with a little time, the Classic has gone far beyond my expectations.
    It's a wonderful device. And I'm so pleased I picked the white.
    It just looks gorgeous and I have to say, the pictures online do not do it justice.
    Photos on the Web can make it look a bit cheap, which is why I was slightly apprehensive. But nope. It's just as smart and sleak as the black in hand.
    Check out some pics.
    Thanks for reading!

2 weeks with Classic... from iPhone 6-img_2556.jpg

2 weeks with Classic... from iPhone 6-img_2562.jpg

2 weeks with Classic... from iPhone 6-img_2565.jpg

2 weeks with Classic... from iPhone 6-img_2566.jpg

2 weeks with Classic... from iPhone 6-img_2563.jpg

2 weeks with Classic... from iPhone 6-img_2544.jpg

2 weeks with Classic... from iPhone 6-img_2551.jpg

Sexy right? It's just much more fun than the black I think. But those using it as a professional device for work - go black! It's perfect for that smart, sophisticated look. But as I'm not a business man, I prefer the white ha.

Now I'm toying with selling the iPhone, as the Classic is really fulfilling all my needs and is just a joy to use!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 07:40 AM
    So glad you're happy with it . Loving the white Classic! Have had my black since January and didn't regret it since but just seeing your Classic makes me want to get it in white! Haha. I see you are not using a case? It does feel much better in hand.

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-24-15 07:58 AM
    Wow that is such a beautiful phone. I have been using my Z30 for almost two years now, and I think that my next phone might actually be the Classic.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    06-24-15 08:03 AM
    Thanks Aneres11 for the great review and ... enjoy !
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-24-15 08:06 AM
    Your story makes me want to take the classic plunge even faster. Since you had both black and white, which back cover "feels" more grippy and "looks" a touch classy in your opinion?

Z3
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-24-15 08:20 AM
    Have you tried swiping down from the top while in instagram and changing the size settings?

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-24-15 08:26 AM
    If you want instagram, try insta10 in the BlackBerry App World.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 and DarkJoker33 like this.
    06-24-15 08:44 AM
    So glad you're happy with it . Loving the white Classic! Have had my black since January and didn't regret it since but just seeing your Classic makes me want to get it in white! Haha. I see you are not using a case? It does feel much better in hand.

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    Hey, thanks! Yeah the black Classic is wonderful but the white just looks gorgeous.
    And no case for me! I never put cases on my phones and I feel the Classic has enough weight and bulk to not require one.

Wow that is such a beautiful phone. I have been using my Z30 for almost two years now, and I think that my next phone might actually be the Classic.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    Thanks! You should definitely try the Classic, it's a lovely device!

Thanks Aneres11 for the great review and ... enjoy !
    Thanks!

Your story makes me want to take the classic plunge even faster. Since you had both black and white, which back cover "feels" more grippy and "looks" a touch classy in your opinion?

Z3
    Hey, the white one feels more like plastic whereas the black feels more like rubber. The reason for the white not having the rubber back us because it would pick up jean dye and dirty much more quickly. I preferred the feel of the black, but much prefer the look of the white!

Have you tried swiping down from the top while in instagram and changing the size settings?

Posted via CB10
    Hey, yeah I have it on the zoomed out setting, but it still doesn't adjust the size enough to fit pictures on the screen.
    06-24-15 08:48 AM
    If you want instagram, try insta10 in the BlackBerry App World.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I already have Inst10 as you can see from my home screen. It just isn't as good as the Android app IMO and even though I have the paid version I never get notifications which is kinda annoying.
    06-24-15 08:49 AM
    Thanks. I already have Inst10 as you can see from my home screen. It just isn't as good as the Android app IMO and even though I have the paid version I never get notifications which is kinda annoying.
    Try igrann pro, notifications and a much better app

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 03:38 PM
    Recently made the switch as well, had to import my White Classic, but coming from an iPhone 6, it's been positive here also. Love the keyboard, though it's taking me quite a little while to get adjusted again.

I do miss how grippy the back of the black version is though. Sometime this device will almost slip out of my hand when I go to pick it up or pull it out of my pocket.
    Last edited by Buddha Piece; 06-24-15 at 06:31 PM.
    06-24-15 04:50 PM
    I love my Classic to... it's glued to my hands..

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-24-15 05:12 PM
    Congrats!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 05:14 PM
    I am using the black since first day they start selling , then i bought the white from first day ( around 2 months ago ) ..

After that i went back to the black because i feel its more formal , also black berry must to be black .

But now i feel that i want to use white , just to feel that i am using something new .

Enjoy with your device my friend ^^
    theGUNNER and Aneres11 like this.
    06-24-15 06:37 PM
    I am using the black since first day they start selling , then i bought the white from first day ( around 2 months ago ) ..

After that i went back to the black because i feel its more formal , also black berry must to be black .

But now i feel that i want to use white , just to feel that i am using something new .

Enjoy with your device my friend ^^
    Problem of plenty
    06-24-15 07:10 PM
    I have Igrann for instagram and do not have any issues.
    Jealous of the classic, I keep thinking on picking one up, even though I already have a passport as a daily device.
    Also have a Z30 and Q10 in the line up as well.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-24-15 07:14 PM
    So I began setting up. I currently own an iPhone 6 and have been using that since February. I like the iPhone but I was craving the BlackBerry experience again. I use my phone for communication more than anything and mostly it is WhatsApp, texting, emails, BBM, and Facebook. I knew that the Classic could do the majority of these better than the iPhone, purely because of the keypad, but intended to keep both phones so if I needed the iPhone for anything, I could swap Sims and go.
    As someone who has a iPhone 6 Plus, this is a good read. Although, what has your experience with battery life been like?
    06-24-15 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the review and especially the images; the night shots showing the backlit keyboard are gorgeous. Excellent photography! The first Classic I saw was the black one out in public and it was beautiful. This truly is a gorgeous device. May your enjoyment last a long time.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-24-15 08:10 PM
    Nice review OP...thanks! Tough decision for me between the Passport and the Classic. The Passport won out for me but I think a lot about how nice the Classic also would have been!
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-24-15 08:58 PM
    Nice review OP...thanks! Tough decision for me between the Passport and the Classic. The Passport won out for me but I think a lot about how nice the Classic also would have been!
    Maybe you need a backup phone? I think I will use that argument to justify getting a BlackBerry Classic to complement the Passport :-)

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    06-24-15 09:05 PM
    I feel so ridiculous. After reading this entire thread I have this strong urge to buy a white Classic. I love my black Classic, no complaints. This device is bursting at the rivets with class. I have no need for a white one, and yet I've now got the itch. Damn you OP!
    : ) j/k. Thanks for the pics, very enticing

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    06-24-15 09:18 PM
    Where can one download apps such as google drive ? Seems to be low on apps

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 12:11 AM
    As someone who has a iPhone 6 Plus, this is a good read. Although, what has your experience with battery life been like?
    The battery life is great. The 6 Plus obviously has a very good battery life, so you may find the Classic is not as lengthy, but it easily lasts the day for me which is all I'm bothered about.

Go get a Classic - you won't regret it! Ha

I feel so ridiculous. After reading this entire thread I have this strong urge to buy a white Classic. I love my black Classic, no complaints. This device is bursting at the rivets with class. I have no need for a white one, and yet I've now got the itch. Damn you OP!
    : ) j/k. Thanks for the pics, very enticing

Posted via CB10
    Haha - sorry about that!
    Won't lie, the white Classic is amazing. You should pick up an imported white one - just coz.
    06-25-15 02:56 AM
    Thanks OP for sharing your experience. One cosmetic thing I hadn't noticed about the white classic is that the black apertures for the camera and sensors are nicely positioned and don't detract too much from the looks of the device.

On some white Android phones (e.g., Galaxy S5), the irregularly located apertures make the phone look rather ugly. They remedied this on the S6.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    06-25-15 03:08 AM
    WOW, Thanks OP for the honest review. This deserves a part in BlackBerry official blog tho!
    Aneres11 and Skidoo583 like this.
    06-25-15 03:30 AM
81 123 ...