I would rather take the chance of day worth of photos being deleted than some other person having access to images of my son.

Posted via CB10
    So your solution is to store pictures on the device, or just go through the encryption on the SD.

However, I would point out the following. Anyone who picks up your phone, and gets access to the SD, is more likely to go through it, and then delete the contents. It's unlikely they would keep your photos or use them in any way. You may be overreaching a little bit.

The type of security that Blackberry is meant for, and used for, is more industrial espionage type stuff.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-08-15 05:12 PM
    Personally, I would never let the device store photos (and docs) on the internal memory but always let it store on the MC. Ever since losing a day's worth of memorable family photos because my boldie kept reloading al of a sudden (and I had to swipe & reload the software of the device), I learned my lesson. Even if BB10 might be more stable, I just wouldn't take any chances that it would happen to me again.
    Might be worthwhile having your photos and videos automatically backup to Box, Dropbox, etc. That's what I've done with Box, so if something happened to my SD it's not a problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 06:07 PM
    So your solution is to store pictures on the device, or just go through the encryption on the SD.

However, I would point out the following. Anyone who picks up your phone, and gets access to the SD, is more likely to go through it, and then delete the contents. It's unlikely they would keep your photos or use them in any way. You may be overreaching a little bit.

The type of security that Blackberry is meant for, and used for, is more industrial espionage type stuff.

Work Wide and Prosper
    I understand I might too paranoid but I am very anal and a stickler that if I take pics video etc I move them off the device that night. Mainly it creeps me out to think that anyone could browse my files.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 07:49 PM
    I'm using a Classic with a 128 gb sd card. I have a little over 57 gb data stored on the card. When I encrypted the card it took about 12 hours. I never had any problems dragging and dropping files from my card onto my pc, and I believe I've utilized every method discussed here. I am currently decrypting my card so I can play around with the OS. The process has taken 68 hours so far, and I'm only about 45% complete. For this reason, I will never encrypt the card again.
    07-31-15 08:51 AM
29 12