Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 10:57 PM
    Great review!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 07:25 AM
    @Jan
    You could do a "What's on my Blackberry" video. Would be interesting to see how you use your phone and what apps you've got installed.
    02-04-16 08:37 AM
    @Jan
    You could do a "What's on my Blackberry" video. Would be interesting to see how you use your phone and what apps you've got installed.
    Yeah! I'll consider that. There aren't many out there. So maybe in two or three weeks you'll see the upload haha Especially since most of my apps are native

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876 loving it
    02-04-16 02:15 PM
    I too was on the fence about getting a Classic after a year of using my Passport, but after watching your review I'm going to try out the Classic! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
    02-05-16 11:19 AM
    I too was on the fence about getting a Classic after a year of using my Passport, but after watching your review I'm going to try out the Classic! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
    Ahh, that's so nice to hear! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

02-05-16 04:48 PM
    Really good review! I just hated you when you said about Merkel, because as a Greek I don't like her

Keep youtubing!

Currently a Classic user
    02-05-16 06:04 PM
    The Classic definitely a device to hang on to, love the one handed way of controlling just everything on it.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-06-16 05:48 AM
    i am using a bb 9720,i want to upgrade to classic but,can the android apps be played on it?? i came to know that there is some problem in 10.3.2 and apps can't be played. Will the android apps work fine ???
    02-06-16 01:37 PM
    i am using a bb 9720,i want to upgrade to classic but,can the android apps be played on it?? i came to know that there is some problem in 10.3.2 and apps can't be played. Will the android apps work fine ???
    Android apps will work on the Classic as long as they don't need Google Play Services. But some apps can also be patched, so that they will work.
    02-06-16 02:36 PM
    good vid! I am careful though to not drop my mint 9900 and I hope I never do. I have an iphone waiting to be used and this BB was supposed to be my "spare" but I cannot see that happening anytime soon now

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-06-16 02:52 PM
    good vid! I am careful though to not drop my mint 9900 and I hope I never do. I have an iphone waiting to be used and this BB was supposed to be my "spare" but I cannot see that happening anytime soon now

Thank you! Do you think a 9900 is still usable in 2016?

SchleifeTim likes this.
    02-08-16 04:02 PM
    Thank you! Do you think a 9900 is still usable in 2016?

I do. Many others seem to be using the 9900 also. It helps to have fast wifi, and for apps I mostly use Whatsapp (excellent on 9900) Facebook, Twitter, Opera Mini, IMDB, I also found an excellent Instagram Uploader/viewer app, Photo Editor and I just started using Wikitude, even though it was "built in" but thought I would never use it, its nicer than the ios Wikitude.

The browser is still ok, twice as fast as my aging 9780 but it even pulls through.

But I think if I did get another Blackberry it might be the Classic, but for now the 9900 is still great.

subscribed in Youtube

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 02-17-16 at 02:48 AM.
    02-17-16 02:38 AM
    I do. Many others seem to be using the 9900 also. It helps to have fast wifi, and for apps I mostly use Whatsapp (excellent on 9900) Facebook, Twitter, Opera Mini, IMDB, I also found an excellent Instagram Uploader/viewer app, Photo Editor and I just started using Wikitude, even though it was "built in" but thought I would never use it, its nicer than the ios Wikitude.

The browser is still ok, twice as fast as my aging 9780 but it even pulls through.

But I think if I did get another Blackberry it might be the Classic, but for now the 9900 is still great.

subscribed in Youtube

Interesting!! But I don't think I'd buy it. I also think the classic would be a better choice today.

Thanks for watching and subscribing!

02-17-16 05:22 AM

subscribed in Youtube

How does 9900 handles email, Gmail and Office 365? Is it possible to setup accounts same way as OS10 and get it on the hub (does hub even exists on 7?), or do you have to use separate mail app?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 09:27 AM
    How does 9900 handles email, Gmail and Office 365? Is it possible to setup accounts same way as OS10 and get it on the hub (does hub even exists on 7?), or do you have to use separate mail app?

Posted via CB10
    If I remember correctly, it doesn't quite have a hub, but it does have a unified notification system like what Android does now and call "innovative."

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-17-16 11:16 AM
    If I remember correctly, it doesn't quite have a hub, but it does have a unified notification system like what Android does now and call "innovative."

Does it works with all email providers, or just BIS/BES?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 11:31 AM
    Does it works with all email providers, or just BIS/BES?

Posted via CB10
    BIS/BES are not email providers...

They are merely a means of delivering data to and from the phone, whether that is email, web, or otherwise. The good thing about BIS/BES is that once you register an email account to your phone, regardless of if that provider has push/active-sync, or whatever, BIS/BES would push email to your phone instantly when you receive it without additional battery drain like you would get if you set your phone to continuously check the server for new emails. It basically pushes the emails to your phone the same way your phone provider pushes text messages through as soon as they come in.

Edit: BIS/BES is kind of like a proxy server.

02-17-16 12:20 PM
    Mods, please delete, meant to edit but replied with quote instead.
    02-17-16 12:20 PM
    BIS/BES are not email providers...

They are merely a means of delivering data to and from the phone, whether that is email, web, or otherwise. The good thing about BIS/BES is that once you register an email account to your phone, regardless of if that provider has push/active-sync, or whatever, BIS/BES would push email to your phone instantly when you receive it without additional battery drain like you would get if you set your phone to continuously check the server for new emails. It basically pushes the emails to your phone the same way your phone provider pushes text messages through as soon as they come in.

Edit: BIS/BES is kind of like a proxy server.

Sorry for off topic, mod can fork this into new thread.
    I understand what BIS/BES is, email delivery via BlackBerry servers (secure). What I would like to know, if BB7 supports push delivery the same way as in BB10, or do you need separate email client for Exchange, Gmail and other IMAP providers?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 12:43 PM
    Isn't that funny that people have been conditioned to think that if it isn't "new" then it must be junk... In reality though they are falling for gimmicks.

Posted via CB10
    J_Apryono likes this.
    02-17-16 01:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    email is the best thing about Blackberry. Blackberry invented mobile email. My emails come in faster than both my iphone and ipad Air. BIS is included with Rogers Canada so Gmail and Hotmail/Outlook work great. The ONLY issue I have is my ios and Blackberry have a minor incompatability and one has now created 2 "JUNK" folders so I occasionally get a Microsoft email saying to delete or "rename" one of the Junk folders (Obviously the one for the Outlook) but I have tried and I see no way it can be done. but this is really not a deterrent to continue using it, not a deal breaker, I researched and people basically just put up with it, everything still works fine.

I dont know what Office 365 is and I dont know much about BB10.

02-17-16 03:49 PM
    Isn't that funny that people have been conditioned to think that if it isn't "new" then it must be junk... In reality though they are falling for gimmicks.

Posted via CB10
    the only thing I wonder about is "security" on the older OS 7.1 devices, be they Phone calls, BBM, or emails. I have read that all calls are encrypted through Blackberry in Waterloo so i'm sure it is still adequate.

Absolutely love the size and weight of the 9900. I did check out the Classics at Sasktel and they are pretty heavy. I like that the keyboard is much wider than my older 9780 and 9790 's and this makes speed typing so much faster IMO.

02-17-16 03:54 PM
    If I remember correctly, it doesn't quite have a hub, but it does have a unified notification system
    Correct! you might find this interesting, but when I bought this unlocked 9900 in December, I had my choice of 3 9900's (I took the mint one) and I also could have choosen a Q10 that was only $10 MORE!!!!! I know what you are thinking but I absolutely had to have a Trackpad and I recall trying a Q10 demo "in store" once and I absolutely hated that I couldnt navagate. I hate learning new things sometimes. This was only meant to be my Spare phone in case I dropped my iphone, and I can't put it down. For a "spare" phone I did not want to learn the HUB or BB10, for a spare I want to be able to quickly swap SIM and use it immediately with no learning curve if I had to.

I dont regret it.......yet

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 02-17-16 at 04:25 PM.
    02-17-16 04:03 PM
    Thanks for the review.
    02-17-16 09:42 PM
77 1234