By the way, I saw you also have a Bold 9780. Do you still use it?
    01-26-16 11:30 AM
    Thanks for your review. My daughter's 9930 is being replaced with a blackberry classic today by asurion. She is very upset about the change (she is a creature of habit). I have not used a blackberry myself in several years, but your video hit important points that will help me show her how to use the hub feature of her 'new phone' and hopefully, make her happy. Thanks for the post, it was very helpful!
    01-26-16 12:30 PM
    By the way, I saw you also have a Bold 9780. Do you still use it?
    Yeah. I bought it like 4 or 5 months ago just for fun to see what BlackBerry 6 was like. 30� on Ebay so just for fun! However it looks amazing on my sideboard with just the Logo showing!

Loving my Classic! Staying with BB as long as I can!
    01-26-16 12:35 PM
    Thanks for your review. My daughter's 9930 is being replaced with a blackberry classic today by asurion. She is very upset about the change (she is a creature of habit). I have not used a blackberry myself in several years, but your video hit important points that will help me show her how to use the hub feature of her 'new phone' and hopefully, make her happy. Thanks for the post, it was very helpful!

Oh but I don't think she'll be disappointed with OS10 Better than the switch to android for sure haha

Thank you! Glad I can help. But blackberry also has a lot of very detailed tutorials on their YouTube page, just if you didn't know.

01-26-16 12:41 PM
    Nicely done!

Good stuff, OP.
    BTW, was that a challenge to guess your picture password? Lol

Since you mentioned you use Facebook, try out that Facebook app that's in the Beta Zone.

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    01-26-16 01:02 PM
    Nicely done!

Good stuff, OP.
    BTW, was that a challenge to guess your picture password? Lol

Since you mentioned you use Facebook, try out that Facebook app that's in the Beta Zone.

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    Haha for non Blackberrians it's actually difficult everyone looks confused when I unlock my phone haha

I use it already! It's great. You mean face10 right?

jope28 likes this.
    01-26-16 02:43 PM
    Presentation-wise, I think you did an absolute A. Now substance on the other hand I will not comment.
    01-26-16 04:05 PM
    My teenage daughter swears no one under 40 uses a BlackBerry. I sent her your video... nice work.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    I guess they think being experienced and not caring about being "cool" is a bad thing... I'm under 40 and using a BB BTW...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-26-16 06:56 PM
    Presentation-wise, I think you did an absolute A. Now substance on the other hand I will not comment.
    What do you mean? I think he offers plenty of substance, especially since he's probably half the age of the typical BlackBerry user (no offense to the older people around here). I found it interesting to see how well his phone held up after he had dropped it a lot. I thought the substance was also good because usually people do reviews on the Classic as a business phone. He showed how an average consumer can use it, and how it has held up. I don't do anything work-relate on my Classic, but I was interested by how the Reminders App apparently saves dates in emails sent to you. There was also a feature about holding the Shift key and scrolling with the trackpad. I've had my Classic since last May and didn't know any of it, so I found the substance relevant and useful.
    JanOleH likes this.
    01-26-16 07:57 PM
    Thank you so much! Really love the forum, very active. Will definitely interact more with the community from now on

Posted via CB10
    Nice review! I feel the same way about the Classic.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    01-26-16 11:01 PM
    What do you mean? I think he offers plenty of substance, especially since he's probably half the age of the typical BlackBerry user (no offense to the older people around here). I found it interesting to see how well his phone held up after he had dropped it a lot. I thought the substance was also good because usually people do reviews on the Classic as a business phone. He showed how an average consumer can use it, and how it has held up. I don't do anything work-relate on my Classic, but I was interested by how the Reminders App apparently saves dates in emails sent to you. There was also a feature about holding the Shift key and scrolling with the trackpad. I've had my Classic since last May and didn't know any of it, so I found the substance relevant and useful.
    Thanks a lot!
    But thank you all for your feedback! Really appreciate it!

01-27-16 01:35 AM
    Those of us over 40 still use BlackBerry also! Nothing wrong with being over 40! Heck I will be 50 in less than 2 weeks. lol
    Superfly_FR and Frehley like this.
    01-27-16 09:38 AM
    Those of us over 40 still use BlackBerry also! Nothing wrong with being over 40! Heck I will be 50 in less than 2 weeks. lol
    Ha!
    I'm creeping up just a decade behind you. Still can't believe that I'm out of the "being considered in the young crowd" phase lol

Are there any stats on the average age of users for each OS?

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 01-27-16 at 12:17 PM.
    01-27-16 10:24 AM
    Haha I can tell you, I'm 17 and seriously am the only one I know that uses a Blackberry in that age. But I think there's nothing wrong with that. Sooner or later they'll find out haha. To be honest: most young people use too much social media and apps to appreciate a BlackBerry. Most of them also never used a pkb.

Frehley likes this.
    01-27-16 10:32 AM
    Not official BUT....

1 Year After Review of my BlackBerry Classic-smartphone-truths.jpg

And....

1 Year After Review of my BlackBerry Classic-how-smartphone-users-see-windows-phone-users.jpg
    jope28 and Frehley like this.
    01-27-16 12:12 PM
    Sorry, OT
    So you're basically 1 month younger than me... and I thought I was the young padawan !!!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 03:06 PM
    Not official BUT....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smartphone-truths.jpg 
Views:	1127 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	389257

And....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	how-smartphone-users-see-windows-phone-users.jpg 
Views:	1122 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	389258
    Very funny hahaha

01-27-16 03:15 PM
    One great thing about BBOS10 that's so easy to forget is the mouse/trackpad pointer. It makes hitting hyperlinks in the browser so easy.

I remember how I used to have to pinch & zoom before I could hit the link with my fat fingers on my previous (non-Blackberry) phone. Such a pain, and still only reasonably accurate. If BBOS really has been snuffed out it'll be such a shame.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    01-27-16 03:45 PM
    One great thing about BBOS10 that's so easy to forget is the mouse/trackpad pointer. It makes hitting hyperlinks in the browser so easy.

I remember how I used to have to pinch & zoom before I could hit the link with my fat fingers on my previous (non-Blackberry) phone. Such a pain, and still only reasonably accurate. If BBOS really has been snuffed out it'll be such a shame.

Posted via CB10
    True! Totally forgot to mention that! And yeah, I'd really be sad if that happened
    01-28-16 11:56 AM
    I'm strongly considering getting this and just having my note 4 at home for entertainment. At first I really wanted the passport silver edition but I'm kinda shying away from it because of the whole screen lifting issue. Then I'm kinda curious about the priv but it's out of my price range. So I guess I might be getting the classic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-28-16 02:56 PM
    Heck, I'm almost 60 and still use a BlackBerry...getting things done with BB!
    jope28 likes this.
    01-28-16 05:48 PM
    I'm strongly considering getting this and just having my note 4 at home for entertainment. At first I really wanted the passport silver edition but I'm kinda shying away from it because of the whole screen lifting issue. Then I'm kinda curious about the priv but it's out of my price range. So I guess I might be getting the classic.

Sounds like a good bundle! I'd go for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 11:47 PM

You will not be disappointed in the Classic. For me it is the ideal mobile communications device. Love the form factor (unbelievable keyboard) and one handedness. I own a business that is email centric (1500 emails on average a week between 4 different email accounts) Check out Slagman5's tips on the tool belt and track pad and you'll be set. (I own an original Passport, Z30 and Z10- the SIM has never left my Classic since purchase @ Thanksgiving). I use my Samsung Tab Pro's for reading @ night and entertainment.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    JanOleH likes this.
    01-29-16 12:36 AM
    Thanks again for checking out my video and giving me your opinion. Again, I really appreciate that! It actually became the most viewed video this year so far. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 04:21 PM
    Hey Jan can you message me I have a few questions for you pin:2C1FAF92

Posted via CB10
    JanOleH likes this.
    01-31-16 03:17 PM
77 1234