06-19-10 09:35 AM
36 12
tools
    i had a zagg vendor at the mall of America install it on my phone (i got my tax returns that day and was feeling frisky ). Best investment. I USE my phone and it has protected it so much. i often carry my phone in my pocket with my keys leather man work iphone and etc and it looks no different from the day the skin was installed. The only buyers beware is if you decide to use it with a pouch/holster(which i do at times mostly if i know the phone may be in a wet environment like rain)it may wear at the very edges seeing it is slim it still does add that minuscule bit. imo better it wears on the protector than on the phone itself
    06-17-10 12:42 PM
    Whats the difference between normal and matte for phantom skin? Also, what is everyone's thought on ghost armor?
    06-17-10 01:04 PM
    I advise against IS for a few reasons...

I'm using a clarivue anti-glare and it's great. The anti glare helps with fingerprint/dirt reduction immensely.
    06-17-10 02:27 PM
    Zagg has 9650 listed now, Phantomskinz are the same and you get two sets for the same price as one!
    06-17-10 03:14 PM
    i got it from best buy they had the just the screen protector one not the full body one
    06-17-10 07:52 PM
    I ordered the IS screen protector for the 9630 before I received the Bold 9650 (I wanted on before I used the devise!). It's the same dimensions as the 9650 and works superbly. IS is now showing the official model on their website. An additional note, Otterbox is now listing 3 cases for the 9650. I have the "Commuter Series" and couldn't be more pleased with the fit and finish!
    06-18-10 09:14 PM
    I just received my Phantomskinz screen protector in the mail today.
    The instructions that came with it speaks mostly of applying the skin to the body of the phone. I just want to apply the screen only.
    I saw several videos online, but they pretty much talked about applying the body skin. They never really talked about applying just the screen protector.
    The videos all say immerse in water for 60 seconds, yet the directions I received say 5-10 seconds.
    If I'm applying just the screen only, should I immerse the skin in water first?
    If immersed in water, how long should I do it for?
    06-18-10 10:08 PM
    I just received my Phantomskinz screen protector in the mail today.
    The instructions that came with it speaks mostly of applying the skin to the body of the phone. I just want to apply the screen only.
    I saw several videos online, but they pretty much talked about applying the body skin. They never really talked about applying just the screen protector.
    The videos all say immerse in water for 60 seconds, yet the directions I received say 5-10 seconds.
    If I'm applying just the screen only, should I immerse the skin in water first?
    If immersed in water, how long should I do it for?
    If it's like IS and GA, it's equivalent to just spraying with a tiny bottle a few times so make sure the adhesive part of the screen is fully wet (but not soaked). You also have to wet the front part, just not as much as the back. I wouldn't advise to fully immerse it in water, just dip in it enough to get it wet. The more water you put on it the longer it'll take to dry, and the longer you'll have the haze effect.

But don't sweat it. If you put too much water it'll eventually dry.
    06-18-10 10:15 PM
    Just ordered the phantomskinz screen kit based on the reviews here 6.96 with a coupon. Hopefully it works out nicely.
    06-19-10 08:36 AM
    Just ordered the phantomskinz screen kit based on the reviews here 6.96 with a coupon. Hopefully it works out nicely.
    When I received mine yesterday, it came with 2 screen protectors. I screwed up the first one, since it was my first time installing one. I'm OK with the 2nd one I installed. I ended up getting a slight crease in the top right corner. I can only see it if my screen is off. I can't see it when the screen is on. I'm thinking of ordering another one, or perhaps go with a different company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 08:42 AM
    When I received mine yesterday, it came with 2 screen protectors. I screwed up the first one, since it was my first time installing one. I'm OK with the 2nd one I installed. I ended up getting a slight crease in the top right corner. I can only see it if my screen is off. I can't see it when the screen is on. I'm thinking of ordering another one, or perhaps go with a different company.

I am concerned about putting it on too...however it was only $7, so no big loss if I screw it up

06-19-10 09:35 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD