hello guys

im wondering if I can force my bold to use the bis for streaming videos

my provider said you cant open youtube using bis and they give me 10gb monthly .. and i cant use them to watch videos , they will take 0.006fils/kb using wap
    07-27-09 09:18 PM
    youtube in the BB Browser uses BIS. but look in your contract because some providers say no streaming allowed and they reserve the right to charge you if your usage exceeds a certain amount per session (session may be a couple mins and normal/natural usage is a couple hundred kb but when streaming this can be a couple mb)
    07-27-09 09:23 PM
    Yeah they said no video streaming from any website.

that sucks

anyway to make it work ?

and will skyfire be a solution ?
    07-27-09 09:31 PM
    what do u mean by "anyway to make it work?" they all work. the point is the data usage. using a different browser will not reduce the amount of data you use when streaming.
    07-27-09 11:23 PM
    You can't do this. There are technical limitations, and even so, streaming over a proxy like BIS wouldn't work at all.
    07-27-09 11:30 PM
    i was assuming that metova's vision app can use bis? cmiiw...
    07-28-09 09:20 AM
    No guys ... when i stream videos on my bold it opens on media player or whatever .. thats why it changed to WAP ... the provider did that .. so on skyfire .. u heard that u can stream videos inside the browser ! without opening the media player or video player
    07-28-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD