I've been having a lot of problems accessing Youtube on my Bold on the Rogers network. It seems to work once or twice a week (try it daily). It never works while on WiFi, only on 3G. I have tried it with each browser and with JavaScript turned on and off. It prompts to switch to WAP for streaming, and then displays an error : Error playing streaming media.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I phoned Rogers and the Data Tech. Rep. said it shouldn't work period?

This is very frustrating!
    09-07-08 10:26 AM
    Are you using the mobile or regular desktop Youtube site? The mobile site is not that great in terms of content but works flawlessly on .134, internet browser set at BB setting. The desktop site never worked for me.

BB needs an optimized youtube application to view the desktop version of movies. My gf's iPhone kicks my bold in the jewels in terms of playing youtube movies since she has access to all the selection, not only the ones compressed for the mobile site.
    Last edited by kingbernie06511; 09-07-08 at 11:19 AM.
    09-07-08 10:55 AM
    The mobile site should work correctly at: m.youtube.com

YouTube uses Adobe Flash for playback, I am suprized to hear the iPhone works with that site, it should not. Apple does not support Flash either.
    09-07-08 11:14 AM

YouTube uses Adobe Flash for playback, I am suprized to hear the iPhone works with that site, it should not. Apple does not support Flash either.
    True, but her youtube icon/application links to the same youtube search results as my PC, and they play flawlessly for her. this is why I say blackberry needs a youtube app.
    09-07-08 11:22 AM
    I just got a curve 8310 downloaded youtube mobile version - if I try to click on a video it says 'the protocol specified is not supported by the handheld please try a different url' HUH?
    09-07-08 11:59 AM
    I've been having a lot of problems accessing Youtube on my Bold on the Rogers network. It seems to work once or twice a week (try it daily). It never works while on WiFi, only on 3G. I have tried it with each browser and with JavaScript turned on and off. It prompts to switch to WAP for streaming, and then displays an error : Error playing streaming media.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I phoned Rogers and the Data Tech. Rep. said it shouldn't work period?

This is very frustrating!
    doesn't work on WiFi

on the bright side, Break.com mobile sites works great on 3G or WiFi
    09-07-08 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD