Thank you all so much for your great input and help and advice in deciding on the bold.

I'm curious to know how UK users particularly O2 users are finding YouTube with their bolds. Any issyes/problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 11:19 PM
    It's working perfect for me but I am on .150 software
    09-22-08 11:29 PM
    Are you with O2 - UK network tho?

09-23-08 01:35 AM
    Youtube works perfectly for me .....BUT only on wifi, even with full 3g or edge signal I get the error message. Any UK users able to use on 3g / edge ??
    09-23-08 02:34 AM
    Nope not here - as you say - only on wifi

09-23-08 04:05 AM
    Just tried it, can't get it work on either EDGE/GPRS or WI-FI keep getting a "switch to WAP for streaming media" message then get to media screen but nothing plays.....maybe i just haven't set it up right.
    09-23-08 04:09 AM
    Don't think I have "set anything up " as such, I just know it won't play on anything but wifi.
    09-23-08 04:23 AM
    Don't think I have "set anything up " as such, I just know it won't play on anything but wifi.
    Yep it only works for me on WiFi
    09-23-08 04:26 AM
    Did you get the switch to wap message ?

I switched on wi-fi, went to http://m.youtube.com & then just picked a video, take it thats all i need to do ?
    09-23-08 04:30 AM
    Just tried it, can't get it work on either EDGE/GPRS or WI-FI keep getting a "switch to WAP for streaming media" message then get to media screen but nothing plays.....maybe i just haven't set it up right.
    Not sure if it makes any difference but I always go to m.youtube.com the mobile version as oppose to the full www. version
    09-23-08 04:30 AM
    Doesn't work for me. Asks to use wap but I don't have a wap browser. Turn that option off and still no joy. Haven't tried it over wifi yetm

Vuclip works though if you save the video to the sd card

09-23-08 04:38 AM
    My frustration is that one of the initial selling points of the bold was the ability to stream video content.

And I don't understand if the iPhone can whats the problem with the Bold?!

09-23-08 12:51 PM
    Yep...exact same issue for me. Using YouTube mobile site with WiFi turned off. I'm on Orange (UK) with .150
    09-23-08 07:06 PM
    are your tcp settings correct?
    09-23-08 07:48 PM
    I am on o2 uk and youtube works perfectly via wifi but does stutter when trying with 3g, I also had to input my tcp settings to get it to work.
    09-23-08 09:18 PM
    If I go options ==> advanced options ==> tcp there is nothing there for any of the fields (APN/username/password). Should these be filled in? With what? Or are you referring to something else? Thanks!
    09-23-08 09:21 PM
    (sorry my reply was to cspec)
    09-23-08 09:22 PM
    So...I found my TCP settings on another post (for orange UK), put these in and still nothing possible in 3G...only with Wifi. Any more ideas? thanks!
    09-23-08 10:17 PM
    yeah im on o2 same problem. However my big problem is the picture resoloutuion, its really unclear. Can i change this in anyway?
    09-24-08 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD