A friend of mine has a 9900 and YouTube suddenly stopped working. Keeps getting an error message when trying to play a video. I confirmed this with my 9900 as well. When I hook to WIFI it works fine. My friend called Telus and the rep said that the problem is either on blackberrys end or YouTube but it isnt supported anymore. Any truth to this?
    10-21-13 07:56 PM
    I have gotten a message several times on youtube that the video isn't formatted for mobile devices or something like that. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. very weird......................
    10-21-13 10:56 PM
    I have the same issue as you, in wi-fi it works because the data reach in a non compressed data to the device, but, over the wireless network the data is in a compressed mode, as we know BlackBerry use a compressed data.
    I talked with a Telus tech-support two days ago, and they told me : "we still don't know nothing about the problem", when I called them, they told me that they don't have any report or complain from somebody else about this issue, anyways they opened to me a ticket support to follow up the problem. I don't have an answer from them yet.

I found this in YouTube help :

Troubleshoot problems playing videos on mobile browsers

4. Use a different network

If you are unable to play videos on your 3G/4G network, try connecting to a wifi network to see if you can watch videos. If you can watch videos on a wifi network but not on your wireless network, please contact your wireless provider to determine if there are any service issues in your area.

https://support.google.com/youtube/a...ef_topic=29378

That's why I called my wireless network carrier (Telus) to see if they are the ones with the issue, especially in the BlackBerry legacy devices, so I decided to do a backup, a factory reset, and reload the whole software. I had to reinstall the apps directly from BlackBerry World (not from the backup) to see if any app is making a conflict with the OS.
    I still have the same issue, playing videos from YouTube over the wireless network doesn't work.
    Obviously I'm not sure, but, it seems the issue comes from the carrier, let see if somebody else from another carrier has the same problem.
    This isn't going to fix the problem, but is still information for this issue. By the way, I just update the BlackBerry software today to the last version: 7.1 Bundle 2807 (v. 7.1.0.1033, Platform 5.1.0.692), the YouTube icon is changed, but the issue is still there.
    I apologize if anybody found a wrong spelling or wrong grammar in this words.
    Greetings.
    10-22-13 10:43 PM
    I hope this is a temporary error, I can usually play YouTube videos on my 9900 just fine unless the owner of the video has chosen not to allow mobile devices.
    10-23-13 01:50 AM
    I am on Rogers, running o/s .1047 I have no problem with Youtube on bis or wifi
    10-23-13 08:05 AM