Is youtube supposed to work in the browser / media player? Whenever I try to watch a youtube video (movile site, so it should be a 3GP) it just stays at loading and does nothing, even on WiFi. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 07:46 PM
    mobile youtube ? you can even try to download vision from the app store ?
    07-23-09 07:50 PM
    The movile site, yes. Please excuse my fat fingers. Ill look into vision and check back.

07-23-09 08:48 PM
    That doesn't work for me either, it just sits there and doesn't do anything. But that's most likely an app issue and has nothing to do with my original youtube problem.

07-23-09 08:57 PM
    Youtube has never really worked well on BB. Hit or miss.
    07-23-09 10:09 PM
    Haha, when you do get it to work, search youtube for "keyboard cat". So funny!

07-23-09 10:17 PM
    Would you like to watch YouTube videos without an app? Try this link, you can search for almost any video clip you can imagine, and the site converts it to 3gp format. I have downloaded a number of music vids and such that weren't mobile friendly on YouTube.

Vuclip web video search

07-23-09 10:22 PM
    Download Xenozu. Free and works a treat.
    07-24-09 01:56 AM
    Is youtube supposed to work in the browser / media player? Whenever I try to watch a youtube video (movile site, so it should be a 3GP) it just stays at loading and does nothing, even on WiFi. Any ideas?

i love YouTube
    07-24-09 02:03 AM
    some people's bolds just can't play youtube. mine can't unless I go thru vuclip or skyfire.
    07-24-09 04:06 AM
    I get a message on Youtube Mobile that says my device is not compatible.

But the main youtube site works ok, but with a poor picture quality
    07-24-09 04:12 AM
    I go to the mobile youtube site, select a video, and am asked to select WAP to stream video.

When I click on "ok" I get directed to the media player.

After some time of "loading" I get the message " content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive" .

That's the end of that.

Can someone please shed some light on this issue.

Thanks.
    07-24-09 04:22 AM
    some people's bolds just can't play youtube. mine can't unless I go thru vuclip or skyfire.
    you've got skyfire on your bold ?????
    07-24-09 05:12 AM
    I tried YouTube on my Bold by visiting Youtube.com, and i was using WiFi, it really worked very well with me !

Specially the streaming was just mind blowing !
    07-24-09 07:43 AM
    how did you get skyfire on your bold ?
    07-24-09 09:22 AM
    I go to the mobile youtube site, select a video, and am asked to select WAP to stream video.

When I click on "ok" I get directed to the media player.

After some time of "loading" I get the message " content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive" .

That's the end of that.

Can someone please shed some light on this issue.

Thanks.

well when i go to the mobile site i go through the same process except the videos play for me at low quality i dont know why it works on some and not on others
    07-24-09 09:24 AM
    It;s a bug. i have been on the phone with RIM trying to get it fixed. If you want Youtube to work shut off wifi go to browser options then cache operations. Clear history, push content and cookie cache. Then go back and try again and it will play videos. I'm having conflicts with having my wifi on and my mobile network on at the same time. Its a real big pain. No one at RIM has any idea how to fix it. The Fix works and will stop once you start using wifi again and you have to do it every time you want to see videos on youtube.
    07-24-09 10:48 AM
    It;s a bug. i have been on the phone with RIM trying to get it fixed. If you want Youtube to work shut off wifi go to browser options then cache operations. Clear history, push content and cookie cache. Then go back and try again and it will play videos. I'm having conflicts with having my wifi on and my mobile network on at the same time. Its a real big pain. No one at RIM has any idea how to fix it. The Fix works and will stop once you start using wifi again and you have to do it every time you want to see videos on youtube.
    doesn't happen with everyone. I've tried everything on my 2nd bold and it won't play straight from the browser/media player. I have to either save them or use skyfire

(yes I do have skyfire, it's pretty crappy atm honestly)
    07-25-09 12:04 AM
    Thanks for the info led.

Tried your suggestions, but didn't work.

Will try skyfire now.
    07-25-09 04:00 AM
    Some BB's?? I think it has to do more specifically with things like what's installed on it, which OS version, etc.
    07-25-09 08:00 AM
    I have given up on watching youtube on my bold. Can't stand the poor quality videos. My old iPhone spoiled that for me. I hope that eventually this will improve.
    07-25-09 08:06 AM
    It works on my 9000
    07-25-09 08:21 AM
    Works pretty good on my Tour. Sometimes the video isn't best quality, but most of the time it works well.
    07-25-09 09:25 AM
    I have given up on watching youtube on my bold. Can't stand the poor quality videos. My old iPhone spoiled that for me. I hope that eventually this will improve.
    I agree with that comment. The iPhone handles streaming videos really well on 3G or EDGE, I've had lots of issues the once or twice I even tried to get it to work. I never really used it on my iPhone, so it's not a big issue for me on my Bold.
    07-25-09 09:50 AM
    I just tried YouTube with my wifi off, and it worked just fine. So this is definitely a bug as others have said; hopefully 5.0 will include a fix.

07-25-09 12:39 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD