07-14-09 05:32 PM
28 12
tools
    Hello everyone,

Just got a bold and now I'm contemplating which protectors should I use for this little baby. :-)

I've boiled them down to two choices though.

Should I use invisible shield or capdase silicone case?

Oh, and, if you've got recommendation for protectors other than invisible shield and capdase silicone case, please do post it away, I'll appreciate it. :-)
    07-12-09 10:03 PM
    I have a Best Screens Ever screen protector.
    07-12-09 10:11 PM
    I use the otter case and I cut out the protection plastic that goes over the screen but left the keyboard part, plus I removed all screens over the speakers and so forth.
    The otter is a tough case and it has about a 1/8 or 3/8 rise over the screen area so if you lay the phone down on the face side, no worries about the screen getting damaged.
    The otter case is expensive but its worh its price, just to note I clean the screen with a LCD soft rag and its awesome no scratches so far I have the otter for a few months now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 10:20 PM
    I use BSE for the screen and love it. Have also used the rubber case to protect the bezel but have recently stripped it off. The Bold looks so much better with nothing surrounding it.

07-12-09 11:35 PM
    For me it's the ultra thin case from Sena and BSE for the screen

07-13-09 12:19 AM
    i use the OEM holster..
    07-13-09 02:05 AM
    Hello everyone,

I've heard about Seidio cover for bold. It's some kind of silicone case I guess. Have anyone heard of it before?
    07-13-09 03:11 AM
    hmm BlackBerry Skins @ DecalGirl.com im thinkin of these ..
    07-13-09 04:18 AM
    None...lettin it go naked

07-13-09 06:44 AM
    For me it's the ultra thin case from Sena and BSE for the screen

Wow, I hope Sena has free shipping, $40 for a leather case is pretty steep.
    07-13-09 08:08 AM
    Wow, I hope Sena has free shipping, $40 for a leather case is pretty steep.
    I always put my bold in my pocket and this case is the better way for me to protect my phone, 40$ it's expesive I know but I love it!!

07-13-09 08:22 AM
    zagg screen protector, no case
    07-13-09 08:47 AM
    I am using the Invisible Shield... great product for the money!!!
    07-13-09 08:51 AM
    oem holster
    07-13-09 09:06 AM
    After using Zagg (barely any protection), I went for the Otterbox (too bulky), then to Smart Case (nice, but after awhile becomes loose fitting), and now I have the Innocase 360 (it's perfect, tight fit, no bulk).
    07-13-09 10:07 AM
    I have Zagg's Invisible Shield for the screen and a silicone case for the sides/back.
    07-13-09 10:20 AM
    I have an invisible shield on mines...part of the bolds appeal is how sexy it looks, so I'd hate to cover it up in a case.

07-13-09 11:37 AM
    I have an otterbox impact silicone case. Its really nice because unlike most silicone its padded on the corners. I also am going to be ordering from bestskinsever.com as my clarivue screen protector is peeling off

07-13-09 12:25 PM
    I use the OEM holster but I work with a girl who has the otter box.. it seriously is the Tank of all blackberry cases. If you do not have insurance on your blackberry I would suggest getting it, its like having an old school nextel rugged phone. If you have insurance and don't mind paying out the deposit for a new phone then the oem case should be sufficient.

Take care,
    cstgermain
    Hmm..
    Do you think it makes the bold looks bulky?
    07-14-09 01:59 AM
    After using Zagg (barely any protection), I went for the Otterbox (too bulky), then to Smart Case (nice, but after awhile becomes loose fitting), and now I have the Innocase 360 (it's perfect, tight fit, no bulk).
    Well, I admit zagg can't protect from heavy impact very well (unlike silicone case), I experienced that first hand when I dropped my psp slim&lite down to the floor accidentally, but I think zagg should give adequate protection from scratches. Don't you think?

Hmm.. bout the innocase 360, I'm somewhat skeptical about having the buttons covered and the in-built screen protector doesn't convince me too that it's going to be clear and whatnot..
    07-14-09 02:03 AM
    I have Zagg's Invisible Shield for the screen and a silicone case for the sides/back.
    That's what my sister suggested to me, too.

But silicone case would add bulk, I think..
    07-14-09 02:04 AM
    I have an invisible shield on mines...part of the bolds appeal is how sexy it looks, so I'd hate to cover it up in a case.

Yeah, agree with you.

Maybe I'll just add screen protector and let it go naked on other parts? Yeah, that might work, I think, especially since I'm not going to resell the bold :-).
    07-14-09 02:05 AM
    i'm using ScreenGuardz which are okay. They aren't the best but they do the job and they send you like 20 protectors for like 7 bucks. Today, i bought a plastic sleeve for my Bold to keep it from getting wrecked if i ever drop it. Right now, all it's doing is picking up lint from my pockets.
    07-14-09 02:14 AM
    zagg screen protector.
    07-14-09 02:31 AM
    I got the invisible shield and a silicone skin for protection.

Hands down the invisible shield is the most durable and solid protector I have ever used. I've tried to scratch it and it never gets ruined. The only problems I had are, the screen was a real pain. And after using it, I noticed i started to get a "click" if the screen was pressed near the top. Maybe I might have cracked something or loosened the screen when I was squeegeeing out the bubbles. Also, while it does protect a lot of problem areas around the bezel where you could get scratches, it still leaves a lot out. Buy it amazon. I got the invisible shield for like $13.99 and the rubber skin for $3.00

My screen still shows fine, and there's nothing wrong with the colors, it just clicks on the top left, right near where I was squeegeeing out the bubbles. If I hold the bezel from the side, it doesn't click leading me to believe I loosened something or etc... I might get it checked out.
    07-14-09 04:30 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD