Same problem suddenly on .210... I reset my IMEI on BIS, and reregistered on the newtork. Sent service books...
    It didn't fix the issue.

I know this *did* work, but I just upgraded to .210 this morining, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Sounds like it occurs on .167 also.

I'm on AT&T....

Strange...
    Very strange... same builds, different outcomes. I've never had that issue and I've been testing all day trying to get "BCC", but I don't think I am going to. I know I get them on my 8700c that is on the BES.
    12-12-08 04:05 PM
    NOT working for me...
    (looks like my reply was misinterpreted.... :-)
    12-12-08 04:14 PM
    Ha, this is hilarious! It's not working again now...

BCC'd or CC'd; lovely...
    12-12-08 04:20 PM
    I just looked through my work emails, fetched voa BIS... it worked as of about 3 hours ago, but not now....

I even had 2 of my employees shot me bcc and cc messages...

I don't have the time to spend an hour on the phone with AT&T/RIM trying to get this fixed.... it's obviously not a device of software issue.
    12-12-08 04:23 PM
    Wow... I would hope that it's not the berry.

That would suck.

Are you using it on BES or BIS?
    12-12-08 04:24 PM
    I'm on both (I'm the BES admin, so no restrictions on my I.T. Policy). But my friend is just on BIS, and she has the same issue. It has to be a RIM issue; well I think so...

Wow... I would hope that it's not the berry.

That would suck.

Are you using it on BES or BIS?
    12-12-08 04:29 PM
    I'm using 2 BIS accounts, 1 is straight POP, the other hits an OWA service from my company's Exchange server.... both started having the issue sometime late this morning (PST). Just to be clear, it *has* workes since my early morning upgrade to .210... then it stopped a few hours later. I'm 99.999% sure this is a RIM service issue.

It's too coincidental that so many people are suddenly impacted.

Thanks!
    12-12-08 04:43 PM
    Navi,
    Here is an update based on my tests with different email servers.. I have a BOLD through AT&T on firmware .167, and I have concluded with these results.

When I apply myself as CC it shows up on my email "you have been CC'd." When I apply myself as BCC it does not show up on my email that I have been BCC'd. I never knew that the recipients would know if one would put there email under BCC. I would always use BCC to send out information to emails that I would not want to expose to other individuals. So seeing "you have been BCC'd" is kinda new to me.

Going back to the email that I never saw myself CC'd as, the sender sent the email to me as a direct TO: email. So that is why i never realized that there was another recipient to the email when I sent a reply back. Before sending out an email, I generally tend to hit the reply to all and see what emails are present. This is just to reassure that I'm not missing any emails on the reply. Reading from your last post, it seems that you lost the CC'd part of your emails when it started working again. Has it continued doing that and what company is hosting that primary email that you use?
    Last edited by UknowChinchilla; 12-12-08 at 05:11 PM.
    12-12-08 04:53 PM
    Thanks for the detailed test and explanations...

I've been testing with GMail, Yahoo and my work domain (on BES, I'm the admin, so no restrictions on I.T. policy).

It's just weird how it's just stopped. But, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. We seem to have multiple users, all with a BOLD, and on various OS versions...

My test were: When I apply myself as CC it shows up on my email "you have been CC'd." When I apply myself as BCC it does not show up on my email that I have been BCC'd. But, it's since stopped working for both, about an hour after speaking with AT&T/RIM.

Navi,
    Here is an update based on my tests with different email servers.. I have a BOLD through AT&T on firmware .167, and I have concluded with these results.

When I apply myself as CC it shows up on my email "you have been CC'd." When I apply myself as BCC it does not show up on my email that I have been BCC'd. I never knew that the recipients would know if one would put there email under BCC. I would always use BCC to send out information to emails that I would not want to expose to other individuals. So seeing "you have been BCC'd" is kinda new to me.

Going back to the email that I never saw myself CC'd as, the sender sent the email to me as a direct TO: email. So that is why i never realized that there was another recipient to the email when I sent a reply back. Before sending out an email, I generally tend to hit the reply to all and see what emails are present. This is just to reassure that I'm not missing any emails on the reply. Reading from your last post, it seems that you lost the CC'd part of your emails when it started working again. Has it continued doing that and what company is hosting that primary email that you use?
    12-12-08 05:50 PM
    I just got a work email, and noticed the "[You were Cc'd]" is back....

Go figure...

This was via BIS from a OWA server...
    12-12-08 08:08 PM
    OMG! I just did a test (following you), and CC'd worked...

Now if they could fix BCC'd all would be well...

Last edited by anon(153966); 12-12-08 at 08:16 PM.
    12-12-08 08:10 PM
    LoL.. so now its working.. so it definitely must be just a RIM issue by the looks of it.. As long as I have my CC, i'm fine.. Not really concerned about BCC'd, but hey, if you get yours working on the BCC let me know what steps you took so I can get it working as well..
    12-12-08 09:01 PM
    BCC is very important in my line of work and it works on my BES berry.
    12-12-08 09:16 PM
    BCC is very important in my line of work...
    Are you a private investigator?
    12-12-08 09:47 PM
    ...weird, my BlackBerry is on BES, too, and yet the BCC'd is not working. Albeit the CC'd now works fine.

I suppose we have to wait for RIM to fix it behind the scenes...

BCC is very important in my line of work and it works on my BES berry.
    12-13-08 04:32 AM
    Just spoke with RIM.

Changes have been made. Yes, the CC'd notification broke for a few users, but all in all it should be working now.

As for the BCC'd, its gone, been removed. They feel no need for it. Why? Well, one can see from the header information that their email/name is NOT in the TO: field, thus they don't need to waste data - trying to save money in this credit crunch - by adding, "You were BCC'd..."

So, there you have it...
    12-13-08 06:50 AM
    What a way to pinch a penny....

Thanks very much for the legwork and the update.
    Have a great day!
    12-13-08 10:38 AM
    Are you a private investigator?
    As a manager at AT&T, sometimes I do have to investigate.
    12-13-08 11:34 AM
    Just spoke with RIM.

Changes have been made. Yes, the CC'd notification broke for a few users, but all in all it should be working now.

As for the BCC'd, its gone, been removed. They feel no need for it. Why? Well, one can see from the header information that their email/name is NOT in the TO: field, thus they don't need to waste data - trying to save money in this credit crunch - by adding, "You were BCC'd..."

So, there you have it...

I definitely don't agree with that... there are times when there are 50+ on the email, it's a waste of time for me to go through each name to ensure I'm not there.

Great R1Mjob (pun intended)...

12-13-08 11:38 AM
    I have both an AT&T Bold and a Verizon Curve and both show the CC'd note. They also turn the email into a pale yellow color that is all but invisible on the screen. It makes it unusable for CC's and BCC's. Any idea how to fix this?
    06-18-09 07:22 PM
    I solved the issue. It seems the "normal" stationary on the secretary's copy of Outlook was corrupted resulting in the weird colors on the 'berry. Replacing normal.dot on her computer fixed it up.
    06-18-09 07:30 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD