You all are lucky! I want the 9930 so badly but the camera makes it a non-starter

Is it sad that I'm trying to find the use for a second phone just to get one? Could get one for my work phone but I don't use data so it would be waste.
    08-22-11 01:08 PM
    You all are lucky! I want the 9930 so badly but the camera makes it a non-starter

Is it sad that I'm trying to find the use for a second phone just to get one? Could get one for my work phone but I don't use data so it would be waste.
    Have a look at this thread for 9900 pics:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/pictures-taken-9900-real-world-638430/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 01:19 PM
    Keep it. Crazy to take it back.
    08-22-11 02:09 PM
    Loving mine - best phone (remember - these things are PHONES) I have ever owned. Better late than never RIM!
    08-22-11 02:17 PM
    This is the best blackberry I have ever used. I've been waiting for this thing since 2008 when the Bold 9000 was released. Unlike some I use my phone to communicate with others. It does this better than anything else IMO. Personally I love the new tablet revolution because it does give me the cause to buy a tablet for my web surfing and other needs of a device.

long live BB. So happy to be back.
    08-22-11 02:56 PM
    Keep. As long as I get my reliable email, and phone capability, Blackberry is it.
    +1

Reliable email and phone capability is all I need. It's a bonus that it has a touch screen, but I hate touch screen for texting.

Last week I upgraded to the Samsung Charge from a BB Tour. The Charge has some nice features, and the screen is great. But the phone is HUGE, like most phones now. I just don't need all of the crap that comes with a new, big, 4G phone. I rarely use internet browsing on my phone, so I don't need 4G. Besides... 4G just kills the battery life.

Today I returned the Samsung Charge and ordered the BB 9930. Can't wait to get it! It's going to be a long 2 day wait, but well worth it.

Blackberry is IT!!
    08-22-11 03:06 PM
    Keeping mine until the next QNX Bold style device comes out.
    jebulls likes this.
    08-22-11 06:07 PM
    Unless something drastic happens, I'm keeping it. I've already posted my Evo 3D for sale on craigslist.
    08-22-11 06:12 PM
    Keeping it! I love the feel and I really missed BBM to communicate with all my friends in Winnipeg that I don't get to see too often!
    08-22-11 06:50 PM
    Keeping for sure!
    08-22-11 07:14 PM
    I'm sitting outside the VZW store as I type this. I went in the store ealier and ordered the 9930 to replace my Storm2. Then I played around with the display for a while longer as I waited for the wife to show up after work. The more I played with it the more I regret ordering it. It sure doesn't seem worth the $230 to me. The web browsing, though it renders better than OS5, not much better or faster than Opera mini on my S2. The touchscreen is annoying. The organization, though improved in OS7, still seems like a step backwards.

As soon as I signed on the line, the device went into shipping mode, so there was no turning back. Couldn't get a refund or cancel the order til the shipment arrives. Then I have to reject the shipment and wait for it to return to Verizon and they take $35 out of my pocket for a restocking fee. At this point I'm completely disappointed with Blackberry. I guess I'll wait to see what a 4G Blackberry QNX Superphone looks like. If that takes forever or happens to suck, I'll bring my hard-to-please attitude to another platform. At least I can complain about something other than Blackberry for a change...

08-22-11 07:43 PM
    I'm sitting outside the VZW store as I type this. I went in the store ealier and ordered the 9930 to replace my Storm2. Then I played around with the display for a while longer as I waited for the wife to show up after work. The more I played with it the more I regret ordering it. It sure doesn't seem worth the $230 to me. The web browsing, though it renders better than OS5, not much better or faster than Opera mini on my S2. The touchscreen is annoying. The organization, though improved in OS7, still seems like a step backwards.

As soon as I signed on the line, the device went into shipping mode, so there was no turning back. Couldn't get a refund or cancel the order til the shipment arrives. Then I have to reject the shipment and wait for it to return to Verizon and they take $35 out of my pocket for a restocking fee. At this point I'm completely disappointed with Blackberry. I guess I'll wait to see what a 4G Blackberry QNX Superphone looks like. If that takes forever or happens to suck, I'll bring my hard-to-please attitude to another platform. At least I can complain about something other than Blackberry for a change...

I had the storm 2 and believe me this device is so much better in many ways. You should give it a try since you are going to pay a restocking fee anyway. I am coming from a Android device and I am on the fence about it to but leaning towards the bold more. One draw back now is the lack of Apps available that work on the new bold is disappointing.
    08-22-11 07:54 PM
    I had the storm 2 and believe me this device is so much better in many ways. You should give it a try since you are going to pay a restocking fee anyway. I am coming from a Android device and I am on the fence about it to but leaning towards the bold more. One draw back now is the lack of Apps available that work on the new bold is disappointing.
    I appreciate your advice. I'm still going to send it back. This phone is not worth the price and the loss of an upgrade to me. First off, for all the "quality" that's supposedly been built into the phone I'm not impressed. I don't like the scraping feel of the edge of the metal band. The metal band in no way compares to the look and feel of the iPhone. And the volume buttons aren't metal either! Cheap plastic! The touchscreen next to the trackpad is absolutely ridiculous. Mind you, I wasn't trying to power my way through any of the selections. I was taking my time with it. As I thought I was becoming more comfortable, I tried to cruise through a little more, but the screen would inevitably do something I didn't intend it to do. The touchscreen in general makes the phone that much more inefficient. I loaded up some web pages, and played with the pinch-to-zoom. Bizarre behavior. The screen would zoom, then I would land my thumb on the page to start adjusting the position and the screen would black out. Then it would zoom in closer or zoom out completely. It never did exactly what I wanted it to. Absolutely the worst touch screen experience I've ever had on any device...including my Storm2. I've had the Storm series for three years now. I'm exhausted from the lack of precise navigation. And since I'm a Storm/Touchscreen user (I also have an iPod Touch, and tried a Droid for a bit) I feel very little "need" to reunite myself with the physical keyboard, anyway. And to back up one of your points, I also have very little motivation to get a new device with a poor selection of apps. I'm not an app person to any great extent, but at least I know I'm not losing any of the apps I have on my S2. My Storm2, though from the dark ages, is still organized. And, though I have to wait for the hardware to catch up to my brain most of the time, it still delivers any information I want is as little as 2 or 3 clicks on the screen. And let's be real. The camera blows, too...

This is so depressing, but I'll wait to check out the QNX...

Last edited by deke09; 08-22-11 at 08:41 PM.
    08-22-11 08:16 PM
    Have you tried any android devices since you like a touch screen? You would be suprised how nice they are ! I left for the simple reason that the print size on a android device is so small and not much change has occured in this area. My favorite device of all times is the pearl flip now that was a great device I loved the SureType on it.

08-22-11 08:29 PM
    I must say I owned them all 8330, 9530,9550, 9630, 9650. Then I went to droid X the Iphone 4 HTC thunderbolt back to Iphone 4 and now have the BOLD 9930, it is groing on me. I love the form factor the typing the screen is great. I have been waiting for the 9000 and its here. The only thing I dont like is the app support. I have been on the fence but may keep it.. This smokes all BB out there for sure until QNX
    08-22-11 08:32 PM
    I must say I owned them all 8330, 9530,9550, 9630, 9650. Then I went to droid X the Iphone 4 HTC thunderbolt back to Iphone 4 and now have the BOLD 9930, it is groing on me. I love the form factor the typing the screen is great. I have been waiting for the 9000 and its here. The only thing I dont like is the app support. I have been on the fence but may keep it.. This smokes all BB out there for sure until QNX
    Android has so much to offer at this time but the feel of this device and the navigation is awesome. I am sitting here deciding which to keep and I think the bold will be the winner! I just hope the apps come around faster there are some must have apps I use every day.

08-22-11 08:41 PM
    Despite a really disappointing experience with the PlayBook, I'm very seriously considering replacing my iPhone4 with the 9900 when ATT gets it. Though I must admit some of the things I'm reading here make me question that. I've mostly read that the build quality is excellent for a blackberry. It looks VERY nice in pictures, but some here give the impression that it's rather "plasticky." The IP4 is the best constructed phone out there, so I don't want to exchange it for something that's mostly plastic. My guess is, RIM knew what they were doing putting the metal band around it. I guess I just need to hold one in my own hands to find out. I also have some questions about apps. I can understand how if you've never had the great ones, you wouldn't miss them. But I'm wondering if these apps either exist for BB, or if they have respectable equivalents. Microsoft OneNote, Evernote, DropBox, and Dragon Dictation are VITAL for my productivity. Skype and Google Voice. Log Your Run and Podcaster. Do they have these? Or something passably close? Also,...Starwalk and Hipstamatic. Is the camera good enough to bother with Hipstamatic?

I appreciate any helpful information at all. I really want to get this phone and get as much use from it as I do my ipHone, but I am DETERMINED not to get burned like I did with the PlayBook. Well, not "burned" really. I did return it for it's full retail value. I just HATE wasting my time. Ya know what I mean? Cheers.

EDIT: Also,.....will BlackBerry continue to support OS7 whenever QNX comes out? I'd be uber-pissed if I paid iPhone prices for a BlackBerry that's no longer getting updates one year out!
    Last edited by tchocky77; 08-22-11 at 09:59 PM.
    08-22-11 09:50 PM
    keep it for sure. feels great in your hands and has the best keyboard on a smart phone
    08-23-11 05:26 AM
    I returned it:

Camera
    e-mail problems
    lack of apps
    old technology
    prefer the iPhone
    too small a screen
    Returned s well same reasons. New os around the corner no sense buying soon to be discontinued software..not worth .. I5
    08-23-11 05:45 AM
    Despite a really disappointing experience with the PlayBook, I'm very seriously considering replacing my iPhone4 with the 9900 when ATT gets it. Though I must admit some of the things I'm reading here make me question that. I've mostly read that the build quality is excellent for a blackberry. It looks VERY nice in pictures, but some here give the impression that it's rather "plasticky." The IP4 is the best constructed phone out there, so I don't want to exchange it for something that's mostly plastic. My guess is, RIM knew what they were doing putting the metal band around it. I guess I just need to hold one in my own hands to find out. I also have some questions about apps. I can understand how if you've never had the great ones, you wouldn't miss them. But I'm wondering if these apps either exist for BB, or if they have respectable equivalents. Microsoft OneNote, Evernote, DropBox, and Dragon Dictation are VITAL for my productivity. Skype and Google Voice. Log Your Run and Podcaster. Do they have these? Or something passably close? Also,...Starwalk and Hipstamatic. Is the camera good enough to bother with Hipstamatic?

I appreciate any helpful information at all. I really want to get this phone and get as much use from it as I do my ipHone, but I am DETERMINED not to get burned like I did with the PlayBook. Well, not "burned" really. I did return it for it's full retail value. I just HATE wasting my time. Ya know what I mean? Cheers.

EDIT: Also,.....will BlackBerry continue to support OS7 whenever QNX comes out? I'd be uber-pissed if I paid iPhone prices for a BlackBerry that's no longer getting updates one year out!
    Evernote is available. I had it on my Torch, but didn't care for it.

Skype is only available on Verizon BlackBerries. So if you're looking for Skype on AT&T, you won't get it.
    08-23-11 06:08 AM
    After a week with my new bold I have decided to return it and keep my Droid Incredible 2. Don't get me wrong it is a nice device and I don't want to defer anyone from buying one but here is a list of reasons.

Lack of apps
    Lack of app support
    Truncated emails still!
    Device freezes

Basically Imo Rim could of done a better job with this device with comparing to my android device I would loose so much if I kept the bold.
    08-23-11 08:09 AM
    After a week with my new bold I have decided to return it and keep my Droid Incredible 2. Don't get me wrong it is a nice device and I don't want to defer anyone from buying one but here is a list of reasons.

Lack of apps
    Lack of app support
    Truncated emails still!
    Device freezes

Basically Imo Rim could of done a better job with this device with comparing to my android device I would loose so much if I kept the bold.
    Yeah I got a truncated email yesterday and was dissappointed. Still better than getting the same one appearing after deleting over and over. Got to use what works for you though.
    08-23-11 08:17 AM
    Upgrade from Tour 9630 (BB5) to Bold 9930 (BB7) - so it's a KEEPER!! Improve performance and WiFi seal the deal. Never had touch screen phones before, so still getting used to touch screen - sometimes it annoyes me, sometimes it pleases me! The keyboard is superb!
    08-23-11 08:23 AM
    Came from a Droidx2 - i dont miss it at all.
    08-23-11 01:26 PM
    i have to say that i went to the local Sprint store and i dont know what units you guys are getting but the device itself felt plasticly, it didnt feel as i though it would after reading tons of reviews about it, i thougt it would have the same feel as the iPhone 4 but nope. Then to make things worse the broweser was suuuper slow on 3G, maybe it was Sprint or whatever but it was so slow i put the device down and made my mind that its not up to par ( yet) with other OS's. I was really looking forward to falling in love with this device, but i left that store feeling let down, maybe it was over hyped by the reviews but I have to go with Engadgets review by saying its up there just not there (yet).
    08-23-11 02:33 PM
100 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD