I returned it:

Camera
    e-mail problems
    lack of apps
    old technology
    prefer the iPhone
    too small a screen
    08-21-11 03:26 PM
    My 9930 does everything that I need it to do. First off, it is a marvelous phone. I love the screen; it is so sharp and clear, and the colors are beautiful. For me it is by far the easiest keyboard to use. I don't need a lot of apps, but the ones that I need are available and they work well. I don't play a lot of games, but the word games that I do play are really good. The phone feels great in my hand. This phone in the best phone I have ever used (this is, of course my opinion only), and they will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hand! Keep!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 03:35 PM
    I tried the Droid 3 for a month and came yelling and screaming back to RIM. Unbelievable amounts of bloatware that you can't even uninstall without rooting the device. I liked the physical keyboard of the Droid 3 but it was a brick and a half with putrid battery life. My brother carries around 2 extra batteries with his Thunderbolt. Never leaving RIM again.
    08-21-11 03:41 PM
    I returned it:

Camera
    e-mail problems
    lack of apps
    old technology
    prefer the iPhone
    too small a screen
    You have yet to state what is old about the tech? Not sure what email issue you had either, BB is an amazing email platform always has been even on the old slow phones. Lack of apps will be solved, BBOS7 is new the devs will be getting on this no doubt especially with the social networking platform. If you wanted a large screen and knew this to start with why did you not get the 9810(my current phone) or wait for the 9850/60? You prefer the iphone and that is great, but do you realize you are now holding generally older tech than the 9800?

CS
    jussimple likes this.
    08-21-11 03:49 PM
    I tried the Droid 3 for a month and came yelling and screaming back to RIM. Unbelievable amounts of bloatware that you can't even uninstall without rooting the device. I liked the physical keyboard of the Droid 3 but it was a brick and a half with putrid battery life. My brother carries around 2 extra batteries with his Thunderbolt. Never leaving RIM again.
    Don't let the battery life fool you all smart phones have less battery at the end of the day than a dumb phone. And I realize android devices suck up the power but as rim get better the batteries better get bigger or we will be in the same boat. It the bulk I don't like extended batteries that's why I keep charges everywhere.

08-21-11 03:49 PM
    9930 and I'm keeping it. It's only my second phone (rooted HTC Incredible 1st) and as much as I loved the idea of apps, I rarely found myself using anything on Android that I can't find a substitute for in App World. With the 9930 I have found an excellent communications platform with significantly better battery life than my Inc. I also like the privacy and permissions controls I have for each application. I found the permissions far too vague on the other OS.

Personally, I find the "there are no apps" attitudes surprising. Obviously, NOBODY remembers when Android was in its infancy. Until 2.0, it wasn't popular or well supported. Even then, when the Android tablet OS came out, apps weren't abundant. With a new phone/os there is always a wait until things are supported. Thank God we have a large selection of devices to choose from. To each their own imho.
    08-21-11 03:56 PM
    The battery life of faster phones might be lower than the old BB phones, but RIM has always been king of power optimization. All the current BBOS7 phones have equal or better battery life than the previous generation. And I don't see this changing even when the QNX super phones come out. They might be larger touch screen phones but RIM is never going to give up its focus on power management.

CS
    08-21-11 03:56 PM
    i am keeping. but i am already looking forward to what comes out next year with QNX and 4G. My only real complaint about this phone is it is a little too plastic. this makes the keyboard spongy and not as solid as previous blackberry's.
    08-21-11 03:57 PM
    Keeping mine! its a great phone. upgraded from my tour. I also have a corporate Iphone. Between the two i use my blackberry much more. For calls, emails, messaging, etc. Blackberry beats the Iphone.
    08-21-11 04:02 PM
    Mine's gone back. Loved it apart from the crappy track pad panel with the unfinished edge to the screen. Mine was proud of the screen and moving around. Bad design and I think going to be a source of ongoing problems with use. I'll wait for the 9790 and hope it has a curve all in one semi hard keys and screen.
    08-21-11 04:57 PM
    Sent the one I got from Rogers back, just picked one up from Bell. Guy at Bell sold it to me for $149.99 whereas Rogers wanted $199.99. Still on the fence about this phone, although I really really miss having a BB.
    08-21-11 05:24 PM
    Been a BB user for the last 3 years. Tried a Droid but came back to 9650 so the 9930 is a great improvement. I love it and will for sure keep it.
    08-21-11 05:31 PM
    I sold my iP4 and 9780 a couple of weeks ago to fund the new phone. I've been using a 8520 since. I will be keeping the Bold. Cold.Dead.Hands.
    08-21-11 06:40 PM
    Keeping it. I'm another of those who has no doubt that there are more apps and games for iphones and androids, but they have no interest for me. I need a solid device that can survive the demands that I'll put on it during the election cycle. I have no doubts that the Bold will be terrific.
    08-21-11 08:03 PM
    9900 and I'm keeping it. Smooth and fast with a great form factor.
    08-21-11 08:08 PM
    I love this phone but can't keep it unless I can get it to play nice with Google calendar.
    08-21-11 08:19 PM
    I love this phone but can't keep it unless I can get it to play nice with Google calendar.
    Have you considered Pocket Informant? Not available for OS7 yet but it can't be long...I used this on iPhone to sync flawlessly with multiple Google calendars. It's far better than any native calendar app and the task handling is superb.

08-21-11 08:22 PM
    Mine Synced with google calender perfect using the google Sync.
    08-21-11 08:28 PM
    What do you mean by "not playing nice"? I use Google Calendar as well and have not had any problems. I set up my GMail account and choose to sync contact and calendar without any problems. Maybe I can help.
    08-21-11 08:35 PM
    When I first used google sync and backup assistant it somehow messed up my device and I had to reload the software to get it to work. I think I might of had the wrong version of sync installed.

08-21-11 08:49 PM
    Ditching my Iphone 4 for Bold 9900..its screen is as beautiful as iphone 4. The combination of a beautiful touch screen and an amazing physical keyboard is powerful..it is very refreshing and in my opinion a better device than iphone 4 in the following ways:

1. Feel better in your hand.
    2. Typing on its keyboard is so much easier and quick
    3. I like the notifications, fantastic
    4. I like the email system, simple and efficient

Below are things iphone does better:
    1. Camera - no fight
    2. Apps - no fight

Overall, Bold is a keep for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-21-11 08:50 PM
    9930 here. 1st phone I ever paid full retail for. Worth every penny. Keeping it.
    08-21-11 09:02 PM
    I will be keeping the 9930. Was a long time BB user and stepped away for 4 months to try out the HTC Thunderbolt. Really glad to be back with BB. I won't be going any where and really enjoying this phone. I know it may not work for everyone but I am very happy.

08-21-11 09:26 PM
    I'm absoluetly keeping the Verizon Bold 9930. Like my old Tour, it will be my primary phone. I'm also keeping an AT&T iP4in the toy box as back-up. My BB PIM data and apps migrated perfectly with Device Transfer in BB Desktop. The Bold is slicker and more fun than I had imagined. It synched perfectly with Outlook. It's all good!
    anon(1458) likes this.
    08-21-11 09:56 PM
    Definite keeper. I am in love with this phone!! Thank you RIM!!
    08-21-11 10:19 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD