I have had an iPhone for years now (since Gen 1) and I was ready to move on to a blackberry. I wanted the keyboard, the multitasking, the great e-mail, and to switch to verizon but, I just can't do it. The new iPhone OS has everything I need, and the leaked picture of the new iPhone look amazing. The only advantage that I see blackberry having now is the verizon 3G network. I need a phone I can use more as a medical reference than a messaging phone. If the essex would have came out a month ago, I would have purchased, but it missed its chance. Sorry Blackberry.

Sincerely

Your Loss
    04-28-10 03:50 PM
    I have had an iPhone for years now (since Gen 1) and I was ready to move on to a blackberry. I wanted the keyboard, the multitasking, the great e-mail, and to switch to verizon but, I just can't do it. The new iPhone OS has everything I need, and the leaked picture of the new iPhone look amazing. The only advantage that I see blackberry having now is the verizon 3G network. I need a phone I can use more as a medical reference than a messaging phone. If the essex would have came out a month ago, I would have purchased, but it missed its chance. Sorry Blackberry.

Sincerely

Your Loss
    Good luck with Tower handoffs
    04-28-10 03:52 PM
    Continue enjoying your "mediocre" device and network.
    04-28-10 03:54 PM

Trust me...Slingbox is getting rid of that ol' ragtag Tour as soon as the Evo is released. I don't get how the first network to offer 4G is mediocre though.

To the OP:

From what I heard, Verizon will be getting the iphone 4G. Just what I heard though.
    04-28-10 03:58 PM
    Well, I guess that's true. You can send MMS now.

Now if you could just make a phone call without dropping.....
    Stop playing network fanboy & grow up.
    04-28-10 04:03 PM
    RIM will have to fold now that you're not going to be a customer-you've ruined it for the rest of us-thanks a lot.
    04-28-10 04:04 PM
    Hey...if folks want a mediocre experience with their device...who am I to question it?
    04-28-10 04:08 PM
    Well, I guess that's true. You can send MMS now.

Now if you could just make a phone call without dropping.....
    God...go argue with a two year old or something and let the grown ups talk.
    04-28-10 04:09 PM

Sincerely

Your Loss
    So, are you a doctor or a nurse or something? That's what I take get from you using it as a "medical reference." If so, then why don't you just learn the information you need to know to do your job instead of relying on technology to know it for you? Just saying...
    04-28-10 04:14 PM
    Good luck with Tower handoffs
    Hahahaha, took the words right out of my mouth...
    04-28-10 04:17 PM
    So, are you a doctor or a nurse or something? That's what I take get from you using it as a "medical reference." If so, then why don't you just learn the information you need to know to do your job instead of relying on technology to know it for you? Just saying...

it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about

and to the OP...I know that Lexi-Comp actually has more features on iPhone such as the pill ID, calculator, and a couple more
    04-28-10 04:22 PM
    In many professions (medical, law, engineering, and accounting to name a few), you learn the basics and the most important details. You learn where to quickly and efficiently look up the rest.
    04-28-10 04:30 PM
    thanks for posting in the wrong forum

Sincerely

Your Loss
    04-28-10 05:16 PM

Sincerely

Your Loss
    Ok..... Why are you posting this on the internet? No one from Rim is going to see this and do anything about it. No one cares. Here is Rims number 877-255-2377. Call them and complain about it. Doubt they even care tho.

Iphone is great if you dont like a keyboard and crappy ATT service... These are different phones. Meant for different purposes. Iphone is mainly meant for you average consumer. And are trying to creep into businesses. Blackberrys are business phones that are trying to creep into average consumers.

Some day the differences between the phones will get shorter but it just depends on what you want to use the phone for. For many people their work supports a BES server. How many companies are allowing users to get e-mail on their Iphone..... Not many....
    04-28-10 05:42 PM
    Well, if you're looking for a phone JUST for medical referencing, I don't see a problem with the iPhone. Are you using ePocrates? (My parents are in healthcare and I am studying to be there one day so I know about the software).

You can also use ePocrates on the iPod Touch, which I think is nice. My mom's Palm died and until she got her Droid, she used ePocrates on the Touch. I like how it's supported on many devices.

Enjoy your phone.
    04-28-10 06:32 PM
    Not to mention the overpriced monthly bill. I went to AT&T for about 2 weeks. That was enough for me not to mention The battery life was HORRIFIC. I love my BB. Thank you RIM for a great product.
    04-28-10 06:34 PM
    Actually its your loss. See ya. Can't we regulate these idiotic bye bye blackberry threads?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 08:37 PM
    We are here to learn things and experience new blackberry stuff. No one really cares who is whining about their iphones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 08:38 PM
    That's an awesome story. Oh wait maybe not.
    04-29-10 10:58 PM
    If you're heavily into apps the iphone or the android may be best I am addicted to my blackberry messenger....won't leave home w/o it
    04-29-10 11:08 PM
    Trust me...Slingbox is getting rid of that ol' ragtag Tour as soon as the Evo is released. I don't get how the first network to offer 4G is mediocre though.

To the OP:

From what I heard, Verizon will be getting the iphone 4G. Just what I heard though.
    It's a common complaint about the "3g" coverage issue, that's why the lawsuit was lost when they sued VZ dub, also there are numerous dropped call issues....4g,3g still has issues...now when LTE rolls out....look out wireless industry!!!
    04-29-10 11:12 PM
    we should have a forum section dedicated to bye bye threads. then we can ignore them easier.
    04-29-10 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD