07-17-11 11:12 AM
46 12
tools
    Was transferring all my stuff from my 9000 to my 9700 and initially, the yahoo mail icon (w/ the purple "Y") was there. I reset the phone and upon rebooting, the icon is now changed to the typical BB email icon. I then deleted the email acct and then re-setup the email acct. The yahoo icon came back but after another reboot its back to the stock/standard BB email icon. I like my yahoo icon. How can I get it to stay? Anyone else have this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 01:57 PM
    yes...same here! tmobile 8900 to 9700...i'm guessing this won't be fixed until we get an OS update

you can just resend service books to get the icon back, you don't need to delete and add it back
    11-21-09 04:38 PM
    any way to report this to BB or t-mobile?
    11-21-09 04:47 PM
    Same thing here with my Storm, (found this thread through google :P )
    11-25-09 02:00 PM
    Ditto...Seems no rhyme or reason to the yahoo logo. When ever i make a change to the 9700 even a battery pull i lose the yahoo logo and get just a mail envelope icon. Weird..
    11-25-09 03:31 PM
    Mine comes and goes

Sometimes after a reboot, it reappears... but it doesn't last long.

Must admit though, I prefer the stock email icon
    11-25-09 04:03 PM
    I like the Yahoo icon as well. Mine has disappeared as well.
    I also get the two gmail icons as well sometimes. only sometimes.
    12-06-09 09:38 PM
    I set up a yahoo email account on my bb the day I got it. It just had the normal mail icon. A couple days ago I decided to set up 2 more yahoo accounts (I have about a billion email addys I use for different things). Those accounts had the Y! icon after setting them up. But the initial one I set up is still the standard icon. Strange.
    12-07-09 02:19 PM
    mine comes and goes on my blackberry too, but its not my main email account so i have it hidden anyways so it doesnt matter to me
    12-07-09 02:26 PM
    I think everyone is having this issue right now as I am encountering the same ordeal. Must be something with the OS right now and hopefully a fix for this. I do prefer the Y! icon vs the default envelope icon
    12-07-09 03:44 PM
    I did a lot of research on this topic. It seems that with OS prior to 5.0, you could modify the email folders with a OS hack through BBFileScout. If you search for it on Google, you will likely find the forums or websites with the instructions.

However, OS 5.0 has some higher level security to where the Device memory is write protected. I too once had the Yahoo Icon (as it is delivered in the Service books), but now it is gone. I had followed the hack to set up my work email and Gmail icons with custom icons, but no dice.

Until a new OS comes out with an ability to modify the device memory (and I don't think that will happen), changing any icons won't happen and I'm not sure the status on the Yahoo icon if it will come back or not.
    12-07-09 04:43 PM
    Mine does the EXACT same thing!
    But my simple fix is that I just go into the email settings,
    and resend the service books for my Yahoo. After a little
    bit the icon comes back on...works everytime
    12-07-09 04:47 PM
    How do you resend the service books? Found the service books in settings-advanced options, but no option to resend. Thanks for your help.

12-07-09 10:44 PM
    Another way to return the Yahoo icon is to let QuickPull run while the BB is in your docking station. The purple Yahoo icon will return. My wife's Storm behaves the same way. I have no idea what difference having the phone in my docking station would make but it works every time.
    12-18-09 02:10 PM
    I have the same issue--mine comes & go's as it pleases!
    12-18-09 02:38 PM
    How do you get the icon in the first place? I never had it
    12-18-09 10:46 PM
    where do I "push new service books"
    12-18-09 11:17 PM
    still does it on the new update no icon after reboot.
    12-19-09 01:31 PM
    not working for me
    12-19-09 02:57 PM
    I noticed two Yahoo! Icons on the Pictues folder and after I upgraded it disappeared.

I like it because It separates it from my other accounts.

12-19-09 03:06 PM
    I have the same problem with my yahoo account but also with my aol account, I guess I will leave it like this...
    12-31-09 04:39 AM
    Yep... this exact thing happens to me all the time. I have to delete the account and re-set it back up again. I kinda got fed up with doing this so I've just learnt to live with it now
    12-31-09 06:34 AM
    Well, that saves me from creating a new thread. Was going to complain about the same issue. If I'm missing the icon, it's easiest to log onto the BIS and resend the service books, but I find that I'm leaving the default BB icon sit there for the most part now.
    12-31-09 07:34 AM
    Have been experiencing the same problems. However, resending service books worked and the icon has come back-don't know how long this will last tho... Does anyone know if there is an icon that should appear for hotmail accounts? Saw an icon in email config that doesn't appear in my menu.
    12-31-09 08:47 PM
    I never have the issue.
    12-31-09 11:16 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD