Installed the new dropbox for os7 off app world...rebooted my phone...and now it hangs and I can't use the phone. did a Battery pull too, and it did the same thing. What do i do? (been waiting 10 mins as I type this)
    10-06-11 03:22 PM
    Installed the new dropbox for os7 off app world...rebooted my phone...and now it hangs and I can't use the phone. did a Battery pull too, and it did the same thing. What do i do? (been waiting 10 mins as I type this)
    i know this may not be so helpful..I dl'ed it through the dropbox mobile site and haven't had any issues (that i've noticed yet)..
    10-06-11 03:31 PM
    It required for me to reboot my phone...
    I haven't had any problems until now. STILL, my phone hasnt restarted.
    10-06-11 03:47 PM
    My guess is something else is wrong. I have installed the latest Dropbox from App World, rebooted, and have not experienced what you are experiencing. Pull the battery and let the phone sit for several minutes.
    10-06-11 03:51 PM
    i downloaded it off of appworld this morning. no hangs, no problem and the app works fine. it didnt require a reboot when done.
    10-06-11 04:10 PM
    i use box.net and it has 50Gb space and you can do the same thing you do with dropbox??
    10-06-11 04:24 PM
    Yep happened to me too it shows up App Error 602
    10-06-11 04:51 PM
    Had to wipe and reinstall my OS, can't say for certain it was dropbox but it was the only thing i've installed today.
    10-06-11 06:21 PM
    Sorry to hear. My 9930 worksperfect and the updated Drop Box App is awesome. So nice if my professor emails a graded paper that I can forward attachment to a folder on Drop Box. Puts a dent in my using Evernote!
    10-06-11 09:17 PM
    I think its time for RIM to come out with a new OS I am seeing way too many issues with this OS in this device so far! These error messages should be a thing of the past!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 09:33 PM
    So officially, I cannot get my BB to start up...this all happened ever since I installed that stupid program. Gotta head to Telus today to see if they can do something about this. Its stuff like this that make me want to move from the BB world.
    10-07-11 07:07 AM
    sorry bro. i hope you get a solution.
    10-07-11 09:30 AM
    gonna have to wipe and reinstall the OS. or just have Telus replace the phone.
    10-07-11 10:13 AM
    did you install any other programs too? i mean between reboots. i had a somehow similar problem, my device hanged, os loaded, full bar, but then sreen was getting white and restarted by itself. cause : free version of batteryex. had to reinstall the os ( loader.exe /nojvm thingie ) and now everything is ok ( without me installing batteryex free ofc).
    dropbox works fine for me now.
    10-07-11 10:19 AM
    I'm infuriated! Telus just told me that I mustve installed a 3rd party program which they are not liable for. Im not sure whether the in-store rep is half stupid or just lazy. He advised me that because I did not install a 'telus' app (which I never knew existed), they cannot be held liable for any subsequent damages. And, because I've had the phone for more than 14 days, they cannot just replace my phone and offering to take my phone in for repair, but I am liable to pay for the repairs!! How bullsh!t is that? I complained and got the same bullsh!t response from their manager. Isn't the whole purpose of app world is to download 3rd party apps to begin with? Its a crock of sh!t that they expect for me to believe.
    10-07-11 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD