What the heck was BB thinking when they gave Rogers the Bold?

I mean seriously I received a sales flyer today from rogers NOTHING about the Bold. The iphone on the front page of the book it's 4 pages and nothing about the Bold. I don't get it? why give them the benefit of having the Bold and not doing any advertising. The Apple is on a stand with a light like it was sent by God in the store lol!! nothing the Bold is in the corner. so just wanted opinons as to what you think about this? Even on the website there is nothing speacial and when you phone 1888-Rogers1 you will here while on hold the Apple iphone is coming to Rogers! urgh!! irritates me lol!!
    08-30-08 02:06 PM
    I know what you mean. Why give them the Bold if they're not gonna "appreciate" it. I guess they're advertising the iPhone more cuz it's in higher demand. After all, it is the Jesus phone.
    08-30-08 06:54 PM
    They're advertising the iPhone more cause they paid more to be the ones in Canada to say they have it...not that their was ever any other choice...but still they paid big bucks to buy into apple for it...aside from that, the iPhone is cheaper..ie..making Rogers look cheaper and nicer for offer "low priced" phones...which any Rogers customer will tell you is hogwash!

Stooopid Rogers, I hate them with a passion!!

/end Rant
    08-30-08 06:59 PM
    They are the only 3G user show in town so they are not pushing BOLD. Also, we need to remember they were a year late in getting that other 3G youth entertainment device into Canada this past June.

The BOLD it is a totally different market than the iPHONE. Just check out the price on a comparison basis and you know who RIM/Rogers is aiming for in a high end phone.

99.9% of the people who are getting a BOLD aren't on this forum, they weren't day ONE adopters, nor are they complaining to RIM or Rogers. Just my opinion.
    08-30-08 07:09 PM
    Marketing a carrier specific model is not RIM its the carrier that does the marketing. RIM is in the business of marketing the devices to the carriers. And the carriers in turn market the devices to consumers. Obviously Rogers wants to pimp the iphone more than the bold. Cheaper devices generally mean more revenue quicker because consumers are more inclined to buy the cheaper priced ones if they aren't inclined to a specific brand. Since a big chunck of revenue is in the cheaper devices marketing focuses on pimping those devices. Of course they could showcase the bold rather than treat it just like any other phone out there. It is also possible if they are having trouble with it on their network to avoid too much customer support requests they are pushing it to the side to get people to buy something else in its place. Anyways they don't care about any one brand over another, they just go with what makes them the most money at the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 01:04 AM
    They are the only 3G user show in town so they are not pushing BOLD. Also, we need to remember they were a year late in getting that other 3G youth entertainment device into Canada this past June.

The BOLD it is a totally different market than the iPHONE. Just check out the price on a comparison basis and you know who RIM/Rogers is aiming for in a high end phone.

99.9% of the people who are getting a BOLD aren't on this forum, they weren't day ONE adopters, nor are they complaining to RIM or Rogers. Just my opinion.

Yes, thank you.

And even if that wasn't the case, who are they going to give it to? Telus or Bell? Obviously not a CDMA carrier.
    08-31-08 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD