I have a bold 9650. I have set all my alerts and ring tones right (all different, emails, sms, mms, bbm's etc). BUT if I am using the phone to look at a memo note or anything, and someone calls, the wrong ring tone plays. If I am not using the phone to do something other than calling, the right tone plays. Anyone know why? Driving me nuts.
    06-27-10 05:36 PM
    Same here. If I am using an application (AP News) and someone calls the old fashioned phone style ringer plays and not the custom MP3 ringtone I selected.
    06-27-10 07:24 PM
    That's really strange. Yesterday I had an issue where my phone sounds just shut off completely. No alerts at all until I did a battery pull. I suspect I may have a bad file on my sd card but don't know for sure. The alerts you have selected are they coming from your memory card or are they native BB alerts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 08:01 PM
    I have the same issue with my Tour. I found that for SMS, the ringtone changes if you have an email address for that person. I don't know why it changes by itself like that. Also, when I have multiple chat clients running, I'd be chatting on one of them and when a messages comes through on another client, it plays a different sound. Beats me why this is. Surprised it's not handled with the 9650...
    06-27-10 08:21 PM
    My sms wont play the sound i have set for it sometimes either. Pisses me off.
    06-27-10 08:30 PM
    At least I feel better that I'm not the only one or crazy. The sounds are native on the BB that I chose, they are not from the SD card.
    06-27-10 09:56 PM
    wow i have never had that problem...
    07-03-10 11:32 AM
    I'm having that problem. If I'm on BBM and have more than one alert comes through at a time the second one will be a different tone, even though I have set up all alerts to be a certain BB tone.

My stupid 8330 could get it right, why not the 9650?

I'm on .699 if that matters.s
    07-03-10 12:20 PM
    I need to get in on this thread, I think I have the same problems...
    I have different alerts and such set for different events, all seem to work EXCEPT for the email alerts. No sound, no light, no vibrate. Also, on last BB (Tour 9630), I had the option when deleting emails whether or not the delete would be just handheld, handheld or system, or cancel (I think were the options). Now I just have Delete or Cancel. Is this an OS change? Any ideas out there on these issues?
    07-03-10 02:03 PM
    Also, on last BB (Tour 9630), I had the option when deleting emails whether or not the delete would be just handheld, handheld or system, or cancel (I think were the options). Now I just have Delete or Cancel. Is this an OS change? Any ideas out there on these issues?
    Go to your Messages folder; hit the Menu button; select Options; select Email Reconciliation; select the affected email address (in case you have more than one on your BB); navigate to "Delete On" and change to Prompt; Save your changes. This will give you all 3 options again. Yours is probably currently set to Handheld.
    07-03-10 02:20 PM
    Welllll, I had been down that road, and just tried it again, to no avail. The "prompt" option did not change my choices, still only delete or cancel. Thanks for the tip, though, it was worth trying. Any ideas on the alert issue? I wonder if my BB needs some setting changed in email, so that it recognizes the incoming email, and can handle the delete options. I will continue to search around....thanks.
    07-03-10 02:49 PM
    The other day I had my ring change as a call was coming in. It started with the ring I chose in the profile, then before I could answer it changed to the old fashioned bell ringer.
    07-03-10 03:05 PM
    My red LED kept going off this morning, it was weird. I had no messages or emails. I did a battery pull and it went away.
    07-03-10 03:32 PM
    Welllll, I had been down that road, and just tried it again, to no avail. The "prompt" option did not change my choices, still only delete or cancel. Thanks for the tip, though, it was worth trying. Any ideas on the alert issue? I wonder if my BB needs some setting changed in email, so that it recognizes the incoming email, and can handle the delete options. I will continue to search around....thanks.
    Bummer that didn't work. One time after an OS upgrade mine reverted back to Handheld and I changed it back to Prompt and all was good. I'm not sure what is happening with your phone. Sorry. Hopefully someone else can give you some insight.

I just got my Bold Friday so I haven't had any unexpected sounds yet. I did experience it a few times on my Tour where my customized phone ring tone would revert to the old fashioned phone ringer. Each time I would open my profile and it was set correctly so I would just save it and all was good again. It was very rare though -- maybe two or three times in a year.
    07-03-10 09:29 PM
    Before my BB 9650 (Verizon) I had the Storm and even though the mobile itself was nothing compared to the Bold, it did save the settings for individual ringtones for phone calls and SMS. Why doesn't this mobile do that? Any suggestions?
    07-03-10 10:20 PM
    I have somewhat of the same issue. I have a random sound play that I have no idea what it is. It is a default
    sound on the bb, but it plays and I see no message, sms, or anything. When I check all the sound settings nothing is set t that tone. A little odd but I guess I'm not the only one,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 10:43 PM
    Howdy again -
    With regard to the two problems I discussed earlier, the "no email alerts" and the "not able to delete email on handheld and system".....I used the DM to reload the handheld software, and voila' I have all the features back and functioning....thanks for the tips given.....CC
    07-04-10 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD