Hi, i heard some people having a Curve and a Pearl, and wanting to switch phones to a BOLD or an ipoop. This concerns me. cause i JUST got my Pearl. and was wondering if its ME that im out of date. or is it those people that have had a phone for 3-4 months and want to switch it again. im worried about being out of DATE with my NEW phone
    Last edited by raw810; 07-03-08 at 09:01 AM.
    07-03-08 08:41 AM
    or is it those freaks that have had a phone for 3-4 months and want to switch it again. i mean wow....

Gees that didn't sound too nice, besides what wrong with what someone else whats to do with their phones. Next time you might want to reconsider using different words. Some may get offended.
    07-03-08 08:46 AM
    I had my curve for 3 months before I switched to an 8820. So I guess I'm a freak. But I'm a happy freak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ecooper11; 07-03-08 at 09:00 AM.
    07-03-08 08:52 AM
    Nothing wrong with wanting the "latest and greatest" If you're happy with yours then stick with it.
    07-03-08 08:53 AM
    Freaks wasnt implied in a derogatorry term. just a word i use alot, sorry im used to it,I guess people just WANT to have the greatest best thing out there. i was wondering because i was worried that i payed 150$ for my pearl, and i would have been mad if it was an out dated phone.
    07-03-08 09:00 AM
    If your just now buying a pearl you have just purchased an outdated phone. Nothing wrong with the pearl but it is old news.
    07-03-08 09:06 AM
    It doesn't matter if it outdated as long as you are happy with it. I wasn't picking on you just see it from others shoes. Sometime things get heated over little words thats all.
    07-03-08 09:16 AM
    See theres a difference between outdated and old news.. outdated means OLD like it doesnt get updates or anything, old news is that its not the NEW phone anymore. I read some things and the Pearl does the SAME thing the Curve does, same OS same everything in the matters of Software and what it can do..so i answer myself NO its not outdated its just a bit older than teh curve
    07-03-08 09:34 AM
    Hi, i heard some people having a Curve and a Pearl, and wanting to switch phones to a BOLD or an ipoop. This concerns me. cause i JUST got my Pearl. and was wondering if its ME that im out of date. or is it those people that have had a phone for 3-4 months and want to switch it again. im worried about being out of DATE with my NEW phone
    Well, if you are worried about being out of date, then we can't help you; because the minute you buy any smartphone, you begin hearing the buzz about how your phone is out of date because the new one is about to appear over the horizon.

If you are totally happy with your Pearl, then all is well and good. If you are worried, then do your research and see if you would be happier if you upgraded to something else. (Personally, my Curve 8300 gives me all that I need, and once my carrier releases OS 4.5, I should be in fairly good shape. But I confess to wondering if some day I will wake up and find that they are selling 8300 Curves on E-bay for $10.25 each.)
    07-03-08 11:18 AM
    The title of this thread comes off as rude and derogatory... that is why I refrained from replying, until now.

I wanted to throw in my 2 cents :

The money you spent on your Pearl got you a reliable, functional and great device. He11, it is a BlackBerry... be happy that you have such an awesome smartphone!

That being said, the phone is not 'outdated' or 'old news'... as there have been revisions, etc. There are many third party softwares available and different things you can do to spice up your Berry!! I would really recommend looking at the links in my signature to get a handle on some things

Overall, you should be happy with your Pearl and satisfied with your purchase!! Yes, new devices are just around the corner and are tempting. But you have a Berry and the new devices will cost much more than $150!!
    07-03-08 11:24 AM
    Well, if you are worried about being out of date, then we can't help you; because the minute you buy any smartphone, you begin hearing the buzz about how your phone is out of date because the new one is about to appear over the horizon.
    couldn't have said it better myself
    07-03-08 11:33 AM
    If your just now buying a pearl you have just purchased an outdated phone. Nothing wrong with the pearl but it is old news.
    First and foremost, let me address this... Your post is a bit rough. Furthermore, tell me how exactly the Pearl is out of date. Some carriers, IE Verizon, just got it not too terribly long ago. It is not a huge brick of a phone, it doesn't come with some huge antenna, and it does the same things that the Curve or 8830 do. So tell me how it is outdated. It's still a great, sleek, functional device and I would go back to my Pearl in a heartbeat if I wasn't so gaga over my Curve.

Next. Yes the title of this thread and perhaps the use of the word "freaks" would have been better rephrased. No offense taken, but there are a lot of people here who would definitely get defensive about this. That being said, who cares about being up-to-date and having the latest and greatest? This is just another example of people trying to impress others. Oh no! A new phone came out! Mine is a month old and is USELESS now!! Please.

There are a lot of us out there who get new devices every couple of months not to impress, but because we enjoy new technology. I personally get bored with my phones easily so I tend to get a new one every 3 months or so. So what? That's my business. If I want to get a new phone everyday, I can do that.

The point is..... 99.9999999999% of EVERYTHING is based on each and every individul's personal preferences and likes/dislikes. It is totally your right to have an opinion, however it is unfair to condemn people and say they are DISTURBED for what they want to do with their money. Who cares? Are you buying us our new phones? Didn't think so. And if you are, I'll take a Bold, please. Thanks.
    07-03-08 11:37 AM
    Didn't think so. And if you are, I'll take a Bold, please. Thanks.
    Add me to the list

Or... get me the Javelin. Ooooor, how about the Bold 2, I heard it was due out in January 2010, LMAO!!
    07-03-08 11:42 AM
    Atta girl!!!!
    07-03-08 11:46 AM
    It's nice having a lot of disposable income. Or the ability not to care about savings or debt. Or whatever. However people do it, it's up to them.

And if you feel inadequate at some point RIM will be happy to sell you a new device.

07-03-08 11:47 AM
    It's nice having a lot of disposable income....
    My mum works for Verizon so I get deals on my phones. That is the ONLY way I can afford to switch often. Trust me.
    07-03-08 11:49 AM
    Wait a minute.. I NEVER SAID it was OUTDATED..
    "it can do..so i answer myself NO its not outdated its just a bit older than teh curve"
    I never said its old news...i was wondering if it was better to take advantage of the discount upgrade by getting a curve or a 8830.. dont go putting words in my mouth i didnt say...
    Now EXITWOUND said the pearl is outdated and old news..
    So dont go all offensive on me alright?
    I admit i was wrong using freaks its whatever they want.I was just getting to if it was ME BEING OUTDATED or just THEIR preference....
    07-03-08 12:24 PM
    let's get something straight - if you got your phone on the Verizon network then it's guaranteed outdated or going to be outdated within 3 months!
    07-03-08 12:32 PM
    Wait a minute.. I NEVER SAID it was OUTDATED..
    "it can do..so i answer myself NO its not outdated its just a bit older than teh curve"
    I never said its old news...i was wondering if it was better to take advantage of the discount upgrade by getting a curve or a 8830.. dont go putting words in my mouth i didnt say...
    Now EXITWOUND said the pearl is outdated and old news..
    So dont go all offensive on me alright?
    I admit i was wrong using freaks its whatever they want.I was just getting to if it was ME BEING OUTDATED or just THEIR preference....
    Hmm. Did you read my post? Did you NOT see where I quoted exitwound directly above my comment?? See, that is what the quote feature is for. For reference. Make sure you read posts in their entirety and understand them fully before going on a rampage. Thanks.
    07-03-08 12:34 PM
    Personally, I think as long as you are happy with your Pearl there is no reason to worry about being "out of date". However, if you like keeping up with all the latest and greatest technology then yes, you may want to consider upgrading to the Bold when it is released, if that ever happens! Anyways, it is all a matter of personal opinion, no one can decide for you.
    07-03-08 02:04 PM
    Anywas too much drama going on here.... Thanks!
    07-03-08 02:16 PM
    Add me to the list

Or... get me the Javelin. Ooooor, how about the Bold 2, I heard it was due out in January 2010, LMAO!!
    That's a very long list
    07-03-08 02:18 PM
    Wow! I think you guys are getting a little worked up over someone using the word "freaks"...are you worried he may be right? Chill out...its just a comment...
    07-03-08 02:19 PM
    Sure I would like to upgrade to the Bold for the better memory and other features but I just got my Curve in February so I will not be updating for some time.
    I don't have the extra cash to layout.
    So who knows what cool device will be out by the time my contract is up and I can get a discount on a new phone.
    If you can afford to get the latest and greatest - - GREAT.
    If you like your phone and it does what you need it to do then you are set in my opinion.
    I love my Curve and that's all that matters.
    07-03-08 03:06 PM
    My mum works for Verizon so I get deals on my phones. That is the ONLY way I can afford to switch often. Trust me.
    Wants to make Jenay his new best friend.....lol I work for a Sprint/Verizon dealership and I get nothing!!!!!!!!!
    07-03-08 03:22 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD