I spent over 20 bucks getting a Casemate cover for the Bold. So far it's been perfect in terms of protecting the phone. However I'm slowly getting bored of the phone because it's just too covered up. Now I'm pondering just taking the cover off and letting it go naked.

It's such a hard decision. Wondering what you guys are doing with your phones. Is the extra boring padding worth the risk of a major screwup incase the phone gets dropped/wet etc?
    06-22-09 11:56 AM
    I just carry the stupid phone without a case. If I drop it, I drop it. Which I have
    many times and it doesn't bother me.
    06-22-09 11:59 AM
    I don't use a cover but I do use a screen protector. After I drop it once, I won't mind it dropping again. The case can get banged up but I hate a scratched screen.
    06-22-09 12:08 PM
    Nope, no cover, too bulky.
    06-22-09 12:09 PM
    I cover it up sometimes depending on how I'm feeling
    06-22-09 12:15 PM
    Personally I have to cover it, I hate scratches and dents. But with the casemate, it does feel too covered up.
    06-22-09 12:17 PM
    I use the case-mate fuel holster.
    06-22-09 12:21 PM
    I've been using my pink Seidio since Saturday. I have a bunch of cases but had been finding myself carrying it naked. then I had a close call. I won't be doing that again.
    06-22-09 02:09 PM
    Naked the day it was born

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 02:15 PM
    I cover mine with a Seidio Innocase 360. But, I miss using my charging pod.

So, soon I might be forced to remove my case...
    06-22-09 02:31 PM
    The phone just looks far better than the cases...
    06-22-09 02:42 PM
    Naked, the only way to display such beauty!
    06-22-09 03:23 PM
    Bare-back all the way. If I drop it and it gets scratched/dented, there are plenty of places to get replacement bezels, battery covers, etc. for very little money.
    06-22-09 03:52 PM
    i have an innocase 360 and its been a life saver several times.
    06-22-09 04:01 PM
    I have a very inexpensive case for my Bold, however I too am getting tired of it. Screen protector is a must. I think I'm gonna go au naturale with my Bold and see how that works out ^.^

06-22-09 04:06 PM
    No cover, no screen protector. Have dropped it four times and ladidah. Only thing I cover its bare body with are my bare hands.
    06-22-09 05:20 PM
    Yeah... I made a thread about this a little while ago. "Protecting" your phone, especially one as nice as the bold, is an indirect insult to their designers.

At most, get a screen protector (clear film)

Lay off the cases, they look ******** and make you look ********.

06-22-09 05:22 PM
    Ive done the "naked" thing

Ive done the rubber condom case, Dropped it and it still scratched on the corner (actually went thru the case)

I remember there being a carbon fiber clear case cover.....

It just protects the sides, but thats what gets beat up and when the chrome scratches, its not pretty.

What is it?

Im buying it
    06-22-09 10:07 PM
    No case for mine but I do use a screen protector. I hate a scratched screen...a scarred body can be sexy so I don't mind.

But I have been thinking of a silicon case just in case for drops. I can be clumsy at times and drop the phone. Thank god so far 2.5 mths and the bold hasn't been dropped.

06-22-09 10:19 PM
    I keep mine in the nice holster it came with.

06-23-09 12:24 AM
    I use a red silicone skin and one of the things I like about it is the fact that the surface grips so well to my hands when I hold it that I don't have to worry about it clumsily slipping out and falling somewhere it should not.
    06-23-09 12:56 AM
    protected with a screen and my holster...i keeep on changing the battery cover.
    06-23-09 12:58 AM
    I dropped my bold over 60 TIMES... the only thing that actually got ruined was the corners of the bezel chips. They just sent me a new one because it stopped turning on. But that has nothing to do with me dropping it as it had been 42 hours and 3 resets since i had last dropped it. Now im sitting here with a pretty new one with a nice tight backing
    06-23-09 01:06 AM
    I use the blackberry silicone case but sometimes like to go naked ! The phone feels a lot lighter after using it in the case for a while. Any how, anyone know where I can get some really good screen protectors ? I bought one from e-bay and it was a really bad experience...it was a blackberry bold screen protector that was a mirror when the screen was off. It worked great, but it just wouldn't stay on the screen ! It would always peel off, 3 came in a pack and all 3 were failures. Anyone know where I can get them ?
    06-23-09 02:10 AM
    When my bold was new I always carried it around with the standard case in the box and later found myself not using it that much. Then I went naked and dropped it a couple of times which broke my heart with all the scratches on the side.

The last straw going naked was when I was talking to my girlfriend and trying to change while I tried to hold the bold with my ear and shoulder. Then I dropped it... The batter cover flew and later I couldn't close it because the little button for the batter cover was flimsy. So had no choice but to buy a Seido case that would hold my battery cover in place. Had to replace the batter cover as well.

The Seido hard rubberized case is pretty good, doesn't look bulky and the front face is open. However, the only bad thing is that dust will collect on the sides so I have to open the case and clean my phone every now and then.
    06-23-09 02:19 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD