02-22-09 04:44 PM
51 123
tools
    Hi all, I'm wondering would it ever be possible to have windows mobile installed on the Blackberry Bold either as an emulated OS or actual OS? With the new Windows Mobile version being released it seems very enticing to have a full integration between the BB and my PC.
    02-20-09 06:39 AM
    I doubt.. Not possible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 06:46 AM
    No! You know Bill Gates only likes to run monopolies! LOL!

I think they will always keep it like it is now. I can't see RIM paying a crap load of money to use Windows on any BB. Plus there are A LOT of people that will go out of their way to NOT purchase anything close to a Microsoft product. Those people would be most of us.

02-20-09 06:53 AM
    No! You know Bill Gates only likes to run monopolies! LOL!

I think they will always keep it like it is now. I can't see RIM paying a crap load of money to use Windows on any BB. Plus there are A LOT of people that will go out of their way to NOT purchase anything close to a Microsoft product. Those people would be most of us.

Bill Gates is retired.

I don't know if RIM would have to pay a lot of money, I would think Microsoft would see an advantage to sell some sort of package or application you can install on your phone. Like they sell Windows for computers, just this would be your phone.

I don't know much of the new features of Windows Mobile, and am not even sure I would prefer it, but was just curious as to the possibilities. One (possible) misconception I have, is that a Windows Mobile OS has the same capabilities as the Windows PC OS such as installation of applications and the like.
    02-20-09 06:59 AM
    Go to your room for th rest of the day!

02-20-09 07:09 AM
    Bill Gates is retired.

I don't know if RIM would have to pay a lot of money, I would think Microsoft would see an advantage to sell some sort of package or application you can install on your phone. Like they sell Windows for computers, just this would be your phone.

I don't know much of the new features of Windows Mobile, and am not even sure I would prefer it, but was just curious as to the possibilities. One (possible) misconception I have, is that a Windows Mobile OS has the same capabilities as the Windows PC OS such as installation of applications and the like.
    Bill Gates and the Microsoft Monopoly was said in jest. RIM may not have to pay a lot of money for the use of Windows on their BB's, but the fact still remains... there are an awful lot of people that would pass on a BB that ran on a Windows/Microsoft platform.

I am sure the Windows Mobile OS has some good features, but people like to have choices and RIM is on one side of the fence while Microsoft is on the other.

02-20-09 07:16 AM
    Agreed with the people who said some people try to stay away from m$ products.. I don't even like using my pc now that I've gotten a little BOLDER over the past few days..

02-20-09 07:19 AM
    Not Possible................
    02-20-09 07:34 AM
    Why would anyone want to? Windows Mobile is awful!
    02-20-09 07:55 AM
    That would be like putting a 3cyl engine in a Corvette. Might look good from the outside, but open it up and WTF?!

02-20-09 07:56 AM
    Hi all, I'm wondering would it ever be possible to have windows mobile installed on the Blackberry Bold either as an emulated OS or actual OS? With the new Windows Mobile version being released it seems very enticing to have a full integration between the BB and my PC.
    I would think most people get BB's b/c of the OS.
    It's simple and very user friendly. If someone likes a "busy" WinMo type OS, go with a device with a WinMo based OS. I've used them both and found the BB os much more user friendly. This is only my opinion of course.
    02-20-09 08:20 AM
    to the OP, are you friggin kidding?????

worst thread in the history of crackberry
    02-20-09 08:22 AM
    Why would anybody out a Yugo engine in a Rolls?
    02-20-09 08:33 AM
    The day that happens, god forbid, is the day I will stop using a blackberry. I would never EVER go back to winblow.
    02-20-09 08:42 AM
    LOL! I KNEW I could not possibly be alone in my opinions of Windows/Microsoft. No mom, I am not crazy...

02-20-09 08:53 AM
    Walked into AT&T to buy a either a WinMo phone (Fuze) or an iPhone, walked out with the Bold.
    02-20-09 08:55 AM
    Why you even ask this question... Windows mobile sucks horribly

02-20-09 09:05 AM
    Why would you want to install an unstable OS that doesn't get any type of patches.
    02-20-09 09:11 AM
    Get WM instead of BB if you want to run WM on BB devices!
    02-20-09 09:50 AM
    RIM OS has a lock on the pushed email and Internet.
    For that reason a substantial percentage of the business users have their wireless service on RIM phones.

There are other great systems including those made and marketed by MS, Nokia, Google but these cater to a different market.

For those who need the media and other functions well supported by phones using those systems there is always an option to carry two phones (as many people do).

Going back to the good old times .. a cell phone was intended to be a walk around land line.
    02-20-09 09:51 AM
    Why would anyone want to? Windows Mobile is awful!
    AGREEEED, the only thing i like is their media player and even that is nothing the BOLDS cant do
    02-20-09 09:56 AM
    CRAP on that!

02-20-09 11:17 AM
    why?????? lol
    02-20-09 11:26 AM
    Yikes - why would you want to get a working device then stick a junky OS on there to wreck it? A storm is the closest experience you can get to that right now
    I had winmo for 3 years and knew it was flawed, but only realised how bad it sucked once I got the bold. Winmo offers nothing over the latest BBs.

02-20-09 11:32 AM
    No. Thank you great Berry in the sky Don't get me wrong, I actually like the windows xp on my pc but I do not want winmo on a smartphone. Unless its EXACTLY like the BB OS

02-20-09 11:45 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD