My Bold is stock. I've had no real issues with it at all but after reading through this forum I've debated upgrading the OS. It's currently the .167 version. So is it worth upgrading now or should I wait till 5.0 comes out? What changes can I expect from the upgrade?

Also, as a side question, I can't get my BB messenger to notify me when I get a message. All it will do is give me a blinking red light as normal but there is no sound, no matter what I set it to. Any ideas?
    Last edited by rooney77; 07-01-09 at 04:57 PM.
    07-01-09 04:55 PM
    If it works fine, why risk a disaster?

double check Profiles>Advanced>Normal
    07-01-09 05:00 PM
    Ok well it did work fine. After spending all day on this forum I decided I couldn't leave well enough alone. I installed a today them and now it runs slow. So, would an update fix this? I've read about people checking their memory, how is this done? Can I delete things I don't use? Other than the theme, I've only got the AP mobile news app.
    07-01-09 08:16 PM
    you can delete the theme you downloaded if it is slowing down your system. Also, make sure you close out the news app when you are done using it so it is not using system resources in the background. If it is running fine, I would wait for an official 5.0 release.
    07-01-09 08:19 PM
    Did you do a battery pull after installing the theme? That usually clears up the lag. Personally I had trouble with .167 so I updated to .282 and its been flawless. If you're satisfied with your OS then no need to risk any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 08:20 PM
    Well I pulled the batt and that helped but didn't cure. I usually close all my programs when I'm done with them so I wouldn't think that was it. Guess I learn to live with it till the 5.0 release comes out. Until then I'll keep reading. I'm new to the customizing thing with these. Still gotta figure out how to cure my trackball no clicking situation. I'll pull it apart sometime soon. Thanks for the help guys.
    07-01-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD