i understand the cost of replacing a phone out of warranty.. but i got the insurance plan as well and if push came to shove and they felt that i tampered with my phone, well i guess id be left with no choice but to "lose" it and file a claim with the insurance... 150 deductible isnt SOOOOO bad if im able to sell the old one as well right?
    07-16-09 07:01 AM
    i understand the cost of replacing a phone out of warranty.. but i got the insurance plan as well and if push came to shove and they felt that i tampered with my phone, well i guess id be left with no choice but to "lose" it and file a claim with the insurance... 150 deductible isnt SOOOOO bad if im able to sell the old one as well right?
    Insurance fraud aside, once it's reported stolen the PIN will be blacklisted. Whoever you sell it to is gonna be pissed. And if they already have the phone to determine it was modified, no way you're getting a claim through.
    07-16-09 07:32 AM
    Insurance fraud aside, once it's reported stolen the PIN will be blacklisted. Whoever you sell it to is gonna be pissed. And if they already have the phone to determine it was modified, no way you're getting a claim through.
    exactly, when you get your replacement bold, you still have your old one. then you send it in and they have 14 days to determine if it has been tampered with...so you have already lost the old one. and i think at that point they keep it and charge you.
    07-16-09 07:39 AM
    I modified my phone for very specific reasons. Don't get me wrong, the Bold was fine the way I received it from AT&T, but I plan to keep my Bold for two years, so why not modify it t my liking. I love the trackball, but the white trackball gets dirty after a couple of months which really takes away from the look of the phone. I change it to black and love the look. Never have to worry about it getting dirty. I also changed the bezel to an unbranded one. The reason for this is probably not the typical reason. I use skins on my BBs, but the Bold skin shows some of the lettering on the bezel. It drove me crazy so I changed the bezel so I couldn't see the lettering. I also changed the keyboard. AT&T's keyboard is all white, which makes it difficult at times to identify the numbers on the keypad. The keypad I switched to has red numbering. The changes I made were necessary ones for me. I wanted to modify my Bold so that I would be 100% satisfied with it. A little customization always helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:00 AM
    if i lose the phone ... i lose it... end of story its lost.. no insurance fraud nothing, stupidity and lack of responsibility on my part.

file my claim and i cant send them a phone i no longer posess.

immoral yes, ins fraud no
    07-16-09 10:17 AM
    Well, since you put it that way, go right ahead, it must be alright.
    07-16-09 10:22 AM
    if i lose the phone ... i lose it... end of story its lost.. no insurance fraud nothing, stupidity and lack of responsibility on my part.

file my claim and i cant send them a phone i no longer posess.

i think the issue is that you said if they determine that you've tampered with it, then you'd 'lose it'. that implies that you've sent it in, since that's the way they determine if it's been tampered with. i don't think the people at the store can make that determination.
    07-16-09 10:30 AM
    I changed mine to all white, much prefer it, and crazy the number of people who are like WTF

Im not to bothered about the warranty, I have out the sticker back on the screw but its only a 12 month contract so not the end of the world

Would rather enjoy the Bold the way I want it, than worry what if this happened or what if that happened
    07-17-09 04:14 AM
    Would rather enjoy the Bold the way I want it, than worry what if this happened or what if that happened
    ditto.. each one to his own though...
    07-17-09 12:13 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD