hate my current provider. Old curve livable, but im constantly without signal with Tmobile. Considering the Bold, heard only great things about it, very stable and usable, but is it worth getting it right now? Is the next Bold so absolutely amazing that i would have to wait? I really dont like my current phone and am looking at all options. I am not tied into any plans right now, so i could go with anyone.
    08-18-09 01:00 PM
    BOLD best phone i ever owned.
    08-18-09 01:09 PM
    I would get the Bold if it weren't with AT&T.
    08-18-09 01:24 PM
    just got the bold and love it....keyboard is great, feels great in your hand and feels durable....had the 8300 also and this is much better....
    08-18-09 01:39 PM
    if i could go with AT&T for my work phone I would have a Bold, but i have to have Verzion so got the closest thing the Tour.
    08-18-09 01:39 PM
    hate my current provider. Old curve livable, but im constantly without signal with Tmobile. Considering the Bold, heard only great things about it, very stable and usable, but is it worth getting it right now? Is the next Bold so absolutely amazing that i would have to wait? I really dont like my current phone and am looking at all options. I am not tied into any plans right now, so i could go with anyone.
    Worth every penny!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 03:59 PM
    Love It Love It Love It !!!! Best Ever ...
    08-18-09 04:55 PM
    Better than my HTC TOUCH HD

Loving it
    08-18-09 05:21 PM
    The phone is amazing.
    08-18-09 05:29 PM
    The Bold is a great phone, but I would wait for the Onyx/Merlin or Storm 2/Odin. If you have to get a BB now though, Bold for sure.

08-18-09 06:24 PM
    B is for Bold.

08-18-09 06:37 PM
    Bold = Best my friend

08-18-09 07:20 PM
    Its absolutely worth it, you cant go wrong.
    08-18-09 08:18 PM
    The Bold is a great phone, but I would wait for the Onyx/Merlin or Storm 2/Odin. If you have to get a BB now though, Bold for sure.

Bold is a great phone, but I'd wait for the Onyx and see the reviews on that.

Bold seems to have trackball problems and memory issues, but is still a awsome phone to have, as I have both those issues. Currently waiting for the warranty phone which should take a few days.
    08-18-09 08:21 PM
    You may also want to consider that you could get the bold today at a very good price. If you want to be one of the first to grab the Onyx or Odin I think it can get somewhat expensive.
    08-18-09 08:27 PM
    The next Bold (a.k.a. Onyx, a.k.a. 9700) will be smaller, have a better camera, and maybe a faster processor and UMA support. Whether or not these features are important is up to you. However, it remains to be seen whether the overall quality of the phone (i.e. keyboard, reception, sound quality, speakerphone volume, etc.) will be on the same level as the current Bold. I owned the 8900, which is a newer model than Bold, and was not very impresses with its overall quality (flimsy construction, insufficiently loud earpiece, mediocre keyboard, etc.) Some of the newer blackberries also have all sorts of reliability issues - just browse the Tour and Storm message boards.

Personally, I would just get the 9000 and not worry about what's coming next. That's what I did.
    08-18-09 08:58 PM
    Thanks Andy. I am actually starting to lean that way. It is unfortunate that i will be locked into that phone for 2 years though. I do like how verizon lets you pay about $60 more initially on the phone, but it is only a 1 year contract, so that you can upgrade then with a brand new phone and contract if you want. Anyone know if ATT does anything like that?
    08-18-09 09:10 PM
    Love my bold so much I really do not mind keeping it for two or more years!
    08-18-09 09:19 PM
    Have you got a timeline?

I really would like to try a Storm 2, but my Bold died and Storm 2 wasn't available.

I had no qualms about replacing my Bold....best smartphone ever!
    Bold is an amazing device, I wouldn't hesitate unless there is some feature on

08-18-09 09:33 PM
    How about you get a nice used Bold, unlock it, and run that on TMo? That's what I'm currently doing, and it's awesome. I had the same issues with my 8320 on Tmo, bad signal, etc. but no issues now that I have my Bold.
    Just a thought.
    08-18-09 09:35 PM
    Went from a 8310 to 9000 so I went from great to awesome. I love the Bold. Great stable functional what is not to love.

08-18-09 09:38 PM
    I see that Letstalk has a deal for basically a free Bold, but with 2 yr contract with ATT. You have to keep the contract for 6 months, but i wonder if you can skate by without an ETF after say 8 months, and the new Bold is out and you want it.
    08-18-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD