Just a question for those who have done it. After having done it, what are your thoughts a while later?

The appealing part is obvious - a different phone then most, and customization.

But specific to cnn.cn how is the quality? how does the paint fair? Is it worth the approx 80$ to do it? Was it worth the nervousness of taking your bold apart and also voiding the warranty?

I am thinking of the black bezel, black buttons, cover and red track ball - which given I have the rogers red keyboard will look awesome....just need some input on value vs headache here.

Lastly, after doing it - was it really as hard to do as i imagine?

From cnn how fast do the parts get to Canada anyone know?

tyia
    Sean
    02-28-09 07:51 PM
    Take a look at my signature on a newbie guide. I never took apart a phone ever in my life and I have had played with nearly every high-end phone to date. This was my first time taking apart a device and I was super nervous and scared too. For shipping to canada, I would say 2 days. Pay for the $19.50 shipping. It is worth it!
    02-28-09 07:54 PM
    Just a question for those who have done it. After having done it, what are your thoughts a while later?

The appealing part is obvious - a different phone then most, and customization.

But specific to cnn.cn how is the quality? how does the paint fair? Is it worth the approx 80$ to do it? Was it worth the nervousness of taking your bold apart and also voiding the warranty?

I am thinking of the black bezel, black buttons, cover and red track ball - which given I have the rogers red keyboard will look awesome....just need some input on value vs headache here.

Lastly, after doing it - was it really as hard to do as i imagine?

From cnn how fast do the parts get to Canada anyone know?

tyia
    Sean

I am very happy I did mine. As an after effect my battery cover is tighter and more solid now. All black except for the charging contacts. woo hoo
    02-28-09 08:02 PM
    Take a look at my signature on a newbie guide. I never took apart a phone ever in my life and I have had played with nearly every high-end phone to date. This was my first time taking apart a device and I was super nervous and scared too. For shipping to canada, I would say 2 days. Pay for the $19.50 shipping. It is worth it!
    Well I just saw your guide which looks great and easy to follow, and watched cnn's utube vids which make it lookk reasonable - ok assuming i do it, haha, hows the quality from cnn given its just painted parts? thanks again
    02-28-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD