I really want to change my bezel to the black one. I think it looks much more clean and keeps it looking sharp. My question to all of those who would like to answer is.... Is it actually worth it? I mean, destroying the warranty sticker and all, I just want to know if there are or have been any problems that have left people Boldless, because that's the last place I wanna be..... I'm heading to the cnn.cn website as we speak. I'll be waiting for your replies. THANKS A BUNCH!!
    05-25-09 09:18 PM
    Order the bezel on ebay, not cnn.cn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 09:21 PM
    It's actually pretty easy to remove the warranty sticker and then put it back when you're done. That's what a lot of people do so they can have fun modding their phones and still keep their warranty (and sticker) intact.
    05-25-09 09:23 PM
    Just me I wouldnt change it until it was scratched up, I think even if the sticker is messed with if you have insurance it will still cover it.
    05-25-09 09:23 PM
    where is the warranty sticker? i just ordered a black bezel.
    05-25-09 09:24 PM
    where is the warranty sticker? i just ordered a black bezel.
    It's the little white dot underneath the battery cover, on top of the screw on the right side, about half way down.
    05-25-09 09:25 PM
    ohh i see it now! cant you just get a white circle sticker and put it on like BAM i got warranty!? lol
    05-25-09 09:26 PM
    why not from CNN.cn?
    i got my black bezel from them and haven't run into any problems..
    then again, i do take care of my phones.. haven't dropped it.
    05-25-09 09:28 PM
    Yes, why not cnn.cn?

05-25-09 09:31 PM
    I've switched mine twice and I always go back to the silver.
    05-25-09 09:36 PM
    I've switched mine without any problems but I didn't do it until I gouged my silver one in the the upper right corner.
    05-25-09 09:39 PM
    Cnn takes 2-3 times longer and doesn't include everything

05-25-09 09:41 PM
    I had this question in mind too.

I'm wondering, how long should someone wait to mod their phone? I am tempted to mod is all black, but I'm a little skeptical.

05-25-09 09:43 PM
    Cnn ships from Hong Kong and their bezels do not have the speaker mesh in tact. Order from ebay seller Pmonmon. Cheaper, faster shipping, and all mesh in tact for easier install.

05-25-09 09:59 PM
    I changed the entire housing including the trackball on my Bold. It was much easier than I thought and very much worth it. I have to second Pmonmon fast shipping and cheaper than cnn.
    05-25-09 10:17 PM
    I used cnn, came quick and I had all the parts I needed.
    05-25-09 10:33 PM
    Cnn for me too and no problems with the shipping, i'm from canada and I receive my black bezel and my black trackball 1 week after I ordered it!!!
    Cnn is cheaper than Ebay anyways.

05-25-09 10:40 PM
    Cnn ships from Hong Kong and their bezels do not have the speaker mesh in tact. Order from ebay seller Pmonmon. Cheaper, faster shipping, and all mesh in tact for easier install.

Glad to read this. I just ordered a black bezel and a oem bezel from him. My bold wasn't in it's holster and fell out onto the cement, scratched the heck out of one corner of the bezel! Phone still works, tough phone. That's one thing I've alway liked about BB's they are build tough!

Dave
    06-01-09 07:53 PM
    i have been having the same issue i really like my phone naked but scared if i scratch or drop it because it would realllly bother mee to see a nick on it or anything but i did not just want to mod the phone right away... with me being new and all i wanted to think it over but i think ill just have the phone naked and if something happens then i will break down and do the custom thing....cant help but want my phone naked lol no cases really make me happy lol anyone agree?
    06-01-09 09:55 PM
    Yes, but not if things like this happen:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/broke-screw-239455/

The key is to do is with as little force as possible and don't even dare try to "tighten" it. As soon as you feel resistance, it's time to stop.
    06-01-09 09:59 PM
    yea that sucks atleast there was a way to fix it but man that seemed like a real head ache and stress thats not needed but i got a feeling i am going to be hard head ughh it sucks when you know you should leave something alone hopefully i jus never drop my phone lol *crosses fingers*
    06-01-09 10:07 PM
    Ya, I don't think I'll black mine out. At least not yet.

06-02-09 01:16 AM
    ohh i see it now! cant you just get a white circle sticker and put it on like BAM i got warranty!? lol
    nope, they'll know, trust me.

I really don't see the point in blacking out the bold, to me it looks cheapened that way...I like the chrome. just my opinion though.
    06-02-09 01:35 AM
    I think i am gonna do it soon my phone has got alot of scratches around the cover and its looking pretty bad.
    06-02-09 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD