I m in love with its design and used it.I simply love it and want to have one and this question keeps on going in my mind.
    IS IT WORTH BUYING 9900 in 2013????
    10-07-13 02:32 PM
    It all depends on what you use it for. I love mine, and still have it as a backup phone.
    Do you need a good browser? Top Apps? Them maybe not...although there are some good apps for it.
    For communication it can't be beat. Types great and BBOS has great features for that.
    Oh and themes! And it's sexy as hell.
    san97s likes this.
    10-07-13 02:42 PM
    Yes definitely! There are still plenty good apps available (even some games), the browser is fast enough and the device is beautiful I would buy another 9900 if my current one stopped working!
    san97s likes this.
    10-07-13 02:56 PM
    I am now using a samsung and want to switch over to bb. I ve heard that BBM doest work on wifi in9900
    is that true?
    10-07-13 03:15 PM
    I am now using a samsung and want to switch over to bb. I ve heard that BBM doest work on wifi in9900
    is that true?
    WiFi only? No.
    A data plan with BIS service or one of the "social" plans that include BBM are required.
    10-07-13 03:50 PM
    i was able to use bbm on an old bold 9780 (i think thats the model) with wifi only just fine.
    10-07-13 04:07 PM
    My 9900 is over nearly 2 years old and i am still happy with it.
    its totally depends on your use case.
    if you are unsure buy used 9900.
    10-09-13 12:18 AM
    is that true?
    BBM works just fine on wifi and through the network. I still have mine, and have had to use it on occasion...I still love it as a communication device, and would recommend it to anyone who simply wants the basic services of texting, email, some browsing, media player, and basic communication device. Good luck!
    10-09-13 12:25 AM
    Handed down my Bold 9900 to my mother this year when I got the Z10. I miss it in lots of ways.
    For someone who thought smart phones were over rated, she loves it and has turned into quite the keyboard warrior. Can't keep her off it with emails and BBM!
    10-09-13 12:38 AM
    Handed down my Bold 9900 to my mother this year when I got the Z10. I miss it in lots of ways.
    For someone who thought smart phones were over rated, she loves it and has turned into quite the keyboard warrior. Can't keep her off it with emails and BBM!
    Bought my mom one last year for Christmas...she loves it!!! hahahaha!
    10-09-13 02:00 AM
    I'm still using mine - but... I can't say that I'm happy with mine. The battery sucks as I have to charge it every evening. The apps are rubbish, don't know what apps the others saw, but they are never as nice as those premium apps you know from AppStore or Google Play. BBOS is IMO pretty dead, you still get some updates, but it's just old. I also hate the clock showing up, just at looking at some pictures, youtube videos are a mess (actually depending on the software update you got) and you feel a bit gelded when you see what others can do with their "smart"phones. Typing is the only plus you got here, but if you ask me, go and get a Q5. I will ditch my 9900 asap.
    10-09-13 08:53 AM
    I would suggest trying the Q10 and seeing if you like it. You won't have the back button or track pad but the BB10 experience is amazing. As for you initial question, I don't see any problem with getting the 9900 in 2013 - the device is still amazing! I know 2 weeks isn't really enough time to get to know/love a device but I known for T-mobile in my neck of the woods you always have 2 weeks (14days) of trying out the phone with still being able to get your full money back. I'm assuming other carriers would have a likewise plan but how knows. If purchasing online then this may not apply.
    10-09-13 09:02 AM
    I have another year left on my 9900 contract. It works great. The antenna works better than many devices. If I make sure that I turn off WIFI when not using it I find that the battery lasts OK. Camera is not the best but it does a decent job out doors. Emailing and texting is terrific. I have a good bank App. The GPS App works well. The browser can be laggy but at least it has text reflow and can display some sites better than the Q10.

I see where Telus and Bell in Canada no longer sell the 9900 so you better hurry. I agree however that unless you need the trackpad that the Q5 is a better choice.
    10-09-13 09:05 AM
    Haha, I love your quote at the bottom.
    10-09-13 09:26 AM
    WiFi only? No.
    A data plan with BIS service or one of the "social" plans that include BBM are required.
    Sorry but that is not correct. Mine worked fine on Wifi only and I used it extensively when travelling to send msgs and pics through BBM. Sometimes I wish I kept it when I got my Z10.
    10-09-13 09:31 AM
    Sorry but that is not correct. Mine worked fine on Wifi only and I used it extensively when travelling to send msgs and pics through BBM. Sometimes I wish I kept it when I got my Z10.
    Sorry again, but this is not correct. Your bb will only work that way if it gets service books, which are - btw - only send by your carrier's BIS.
    So: Without any blackberry plan -> no bbm.
    10-09-13 09:43 AM
    My answer is straightforward: NO.
    I bought one, attracted by the reputation of Blackberrys' batteries. I have two batteries for my 9900, but sometimes, at the end of the day, I experience a battery shortage! It means that with one battery, when I use my mobile phone extensively, the battery lasts for less than half a day! (The 9900 software is the last from BELL, 7.1.0.1047 I think. It is the 3rd one that I try, and no real change)
    10-09-13 11:36 AM
    Sorry again, but this is not correct. Your bb will only work that way if it gets service books, which are - btw - only send by your carrier's BIS.
    So: Without any blackberry plan -> no bbm.
    Nobody said anything about not having a plan. Its about not using data to BBM when wifi is available and of course the service books are on the phone.
    10-09-13 02:38 PM
    My answer is straightforward: NO.
    I bought one, attracted by the reputation of Blackberrys' batteries. I have two batteries for my 9900, but sometimes, at the end of the day, I experience a battery shortage! It means that with one battery, when I use my mobile phone extensively, the battery lasts for less than half a day! (The 9900 software is the last from BELL, 7.1.0.1047 I think. It is the 3rd one that I try, and no real change)
    That would suggest either bad batteries, or some app excessively draining the battery. I had several 9900's and they all had great battery life...a full day and then some with moderate use.
    10-13-13 05:55 PM
    In a bad reception area it will eat thru the battery because it's always looking. Iphone battery holds up because it completely stops looking. I know once I wanted to see how long it would take before it got service back and I had service 5 bars for 45 min and couldn't wait any longer on it so I cycled airplane mode

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 06:07 PM
    As a communication tool for business I would say yes.... it does it very well. although the q10 probably does it as good, with the added benefit of bb10...

Do I miss mine? Not really..i do miss the keyboard shortcuts a little...but not the weekly battery pulls. :-)

Posted from my Z10 using CB10
    10-13-13 06:17 PM
    I've had my 9900 for about a year. Bought used unlocked. I LOVE IT! The great feel of the keyboard was the 1st thing I noticed coming from the 9780. It does everything wonderful, although I don't use it to play a lot of games. Phone, Email, BBM, Text, Browsing, Music, etc...

My only complaint is certain areas where reception is low I lose all signal & keep getting the SOS read. Something to do about the the metal on the phone and interference when you touch it. A case can fix that though, however I prefer not to have one.

Would I trade it for a Q10? Yes-If the Q10 felt as good as the 9900. In my opinion it didn't.
    10-14-13 11:42 AM
    I wonder if the original poster wonders if BIS will still be available for the future if they buy the 9900....

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 05:46 AM
    I wonder if the original poster wonders if BIS will still be available for the future if they buy the 9900....

Posted via CB10

Do you really think a network with 60 million active users is going anywhere soon? Even if BlackBerry have to sell it off, some company somewhere will buy it.
    10-15-13 12:46 PM
    Do you really think a network with 60 million active users is going anywhere soon? Even if BlackBerry have to sell it off, some company somewhere will buy it.
    Surprisingly people are asking this.

And I am wondering if this is what the OP means.....not asking for myself...so no....I don't happen to think at all....
    Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 01:11 PM
27 12