Hi everyone
    I just got my very first Blackberry this week, Blackberry Bold 9000.
    Yea I'm deligthed with it and sure glad I chose this device over the iphone.

I do have a problem however with Word To Go.
    I sent a Word 07 attachment from my Microsoft Outlook via my laptop.
    But when I tryed to open the attached file on my Bold, I got the message, `your device cannot open this file`.

Anyone have help with this?

Thanks for your time.
    06-07-09 02:16 AM
    Have you updated to the latest version of DocsToGo? (V 1.007 is the latest)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 07:51 AM
    That's very strange. Docs to go can open all versions of doc files. Are you trying to open the attachment or downloading it to memory and then opening it? You may have to install the blackberry attachment service from desktop manager

06-07-09 07:53 AM
    That's very strange. Docs to go can open all versions of doc files. Are you trying to open the attachment or downloading it to memory and then opening it? You may have to install the blackberry attachment service from desktop manager

I am just trying to open the attachment.
    I think I'll try to download attachment service, if I can find it.
    I'll report back wih any developments.

Thanks for your time.
    06-07-09 09:18 AM
    Guys, I can't seem to find the blackberry attachment service anywhere. Either the dest top manager or on the device.

Any help?
    06-07-09 09:34 AM
    Unless you've upgraded your Bold's OS, the attachment service should already be installed.

You can check to make sure as follows:

Menu --> Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications

Look for "BlackBerry Attachment Service". If it's there, it's installed. If not, you may have to download the OS (either from your carrier or from the link available in the sticky at the top of this forum), install to your PC and then use the DM to load the service.

You should stiil make sure your version of DocsToGo is up to date (there is a check for update option within the D2G apps).

06-07-09 09:57 AM
    Right guys, check this out.
    I have 3 email accounts on my Blackberry Bold.
    1. Google mail
    2. Yahoo mail
    3. My local email, which is through my local internet service provider.

I can open word, excell, powerpoint docs with the first two accounts.
    But when I try and open an attached document with the 3rd account, I get a box that says,
    `This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device`.

Abviously I know this is not the case, as opening in the other accounts prove.

Thing is, my main email account is the one which will not open the file.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?
    I really would appreciate it if you did.

Thanks..
    06-09-09 03:19 AM
    Hi everyone
    I just got my very first Blackberry this week, Blackberry Bold 9000.
    Yea I'm deligthed with it and sure glad I chose this device over the iphone.

I do have a problem however with Word To Go.
    I sent a Word 07 attachment from my Microsoft Outlook via my laptop.
    But when I tryed to open the attached file on my Bold, I got the message, `your device cannot open this file`.

Anyone have help with this?

Thanks for your time.
    Word 07 of office 2007, just like excel,ppt,access have default file extensions with x added at the end. Eg .docx, .pptx. Make sure tat the word doc you sent is not in that format cuz doc to go won't be able to read it. Save your file as the previous 97-2003 version from word 07 so that it would save as .doc instead of .docx. Doc to go should be able to pick it up once it is done.

06-09-09 06:46 AM
    Yea but, my bold does open these files from 2 of my 3 email accounts. Its just when I send the attachment from the email account of my local internet service provider, ie... karoo in the uk.
    When its sent via this account, it won't open.
    06-09-09 08:44 AM
    Save one of those ducuments to memory (or a microSD card) and see if DocsToGo will open it (or even see it for that matter). It almost sounds like attachments on that 3rd account aren't being dealt with properly by your service provider.

06-09-09 08:53 AM
    Will do. Thanks again for your help.
    06-10-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD