Hey guys, my friend and i have 2 identical blackberry bold with same o.s 4.6.167 however I dont have the 'wireless update' feature...Its kind of annoying..I'd like to have it if possible..but am confused on why i dont have it...so any input would be greatly appreciated.
    07-20-09 10:42 PM
    Do you have a bb data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 11:00 PM
    useless feature, if you need/want to update you can do that pretty much yourself, its real easy.
    07-20-09 11:03 PM
    data plan yes, wifi connection on... any other ideas.. reason im asking is because i cant seem to load bbm 5.0 whilst he can..so im assuming that's probably the discrepancy causing me not being able to load bbm 5.0 ?
    07-20-09 11:06 PM
    Use the desktop manager to update your OS and resend service books from the att BIS website. Friend of mine had the same problem. Hope this helps.
    07-20-09 11:57 PM
    this maybe a dumb question..but how do i resend my service books ? i tried searching but my crappy internet keeps timing out...
    07-21-09 02:54 AM
    Yeah, I don't have it either. Seems like after I updated to .167, the wireless update feature has disappered.

07-21-09 06:40 AM
    So since the new AT&T update is due out in two days, they say that to update, I could use the wireless upgrade feature on my Bold. However, I just looked and I don't have it. What's going on? I used to have it before.

08-23-09 11:34 AM
    Anyone know??

08-23-09 10:51 PM
    I have the same situation, I remember having the wireless update option when I first got my Bold, but I don't see it anymore.
    08-24-09 01:11 AM
    I had the same problem back around January and found the very answer you seek right here on the forums. If you once noticed the Wireless update feature and now you don't your not crazy.

CB Member "esnetsc" posted the solution on 12/8/08 which worked for me with no problem.

1. On the device Home screen select>Options>Advanced Options>Service Book
    2. Highlight the "Provisioning( OTASL) service book entry>hit menu key and select
    3.Delete
    4. go to options and select provision.

* By repeating steps 2-4 multiple times in a row it provisioned the Wireless Upgrade Option back on my phone. I seem to remember repeating the steps 3-4 times.

I hope this helps.
    08-24-09 03:50 AM
    On step number 4, you say go to options and select provision. Where any how?

08-24-09 08:54 AM
    In the same boat not sure about what to do on step 4
    06-15-10 02:56 PM
    Useless on AT&T. They are still stuck on OS 4.6.

06-15-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD