I just had my phone locked, as always.. I was carrying it and when I got a chance to look at it, it had made a new icon on my home screen saying Wireless Update? Did anyone else get this?

I have T-Mobile if that matters at all.

I went along with the update but just curious
    07-09-10 07:50 AM
    Any idea what OS version you were running prior to the update... and then what OS version did it install??? There has been a newer OS for TMO... it's .714... most all TMO users around here have known about this upgrade for at least a month or so now... I think... and yes, I did perform the wireless upgrade myself this time. Fairly easy upgrade process.
    07-09-10 08:08 AM
    I don't remember what OS I was running, I just got the phone like, a month ago after going through **** and back with the 8900 and that silly trackball. I was totally unaware that there was an upgrade. Thanks though!
    07-09-10 08:15 AM
    I don't remember what OS I was running, I just got the phone like, a month ago after going through **** and back with the 8900 and that silly trackball. I was totally unaware that there was an upgrade. Thanks though!
    Stick around here and you'll learn a lot... it's a great place to learn more about new things in the Blackberry World... and get help with any questions.
    07-09-10 08:29 AM
    Mine showed up yesterday too and I installed it last night...pretty easy, though I did have to 're-start' some apps like Google Sync and Visual Voicemail. Seems fine though. Not sure what .714 is supposed to improve.
    07-09-10 09:55 AM
    .714 slowed my device down terribly! Anybody else have this prob?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-09-10 01:26 PM
    .714 slowed my device down terribly! Anybody else have this prob?

Oh, I'm sure you'll find a couple... after all most people come here with problems... and you're not going to hear from those that don't have problems... Oh ya, except for me. No issues, but then again I've install so many OS versions on my 9700 and old 8900 I've lost count... problems with slowing down on ANY of them: NO!!!

Recommend you look through all your apps... I'm sure you have one or two... are they all setup correctly??? Have you cleared your Browser's Cache???

Next, do another Battery Pull: Leave your device on, pull the battery out for 20 full seconds, put it back in!!!

Then keep an eye on what apps are running in the background... ONLY 5 or 6 apps are part of the OS: Browser, Messenger, Message, Home, Phone, and possibly Visual Voice Mail if you have that installed... any others are not being closed properly and can slow down your device... hold down the Menu button for a full second, then your device switcher will show up, scroll left and right to see all the apps.
    07-09-10 03:56 PM
    Mine isn't running slowly
    07-09-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD