When I had my Curve, I was using Wireless Safeguard to insure my device since AT&T would not. I went to their website to learn that the website was closed. Is there another insurance carrier that anyone can recommend?
    06-29-09 04:25 PM
    To clarify, it was Wireless Safeguards' site that was closed. I am trying to insure my BOLD.
    06-29-09 04:26 PM
    Some have reported their homeowner underwriter has been able to help.

AT&T won't insure it?
    06-29-09 04:27 PM
    When I tried to insure my Curve, I was told that AT&T would not because of the cost. I am guessing that this policy has not changed.
    06-29-09 04:39 PM
    Nope, my Bold is insured through AT&T. $5/month.
    06-29-09 04:44 PM
    Thanks very much. Iwill give them a call tonight.
    06-29-09 04:47 PM
    Yea I've got the 5/month on the bold as well
    06-29-09 04:49 PM
    I also signed up for the $5 month insurance on my Bold with AT&T.
    06-29-09 06:24 PM
    I have two Bolds insured with State Farm on what's called a "Personal Articles Policy" used for jewelry electronics etc. Total cost per year 35.00 for both. No deductible.
    06-29-09 08:13 PM
    I also signed up for the $5 month insurance on my Bold with AT&T.
    Same here - $125 deductible and they cancel you after two claims within one year. Still good to have though IMO.
    06-29-09 08:27 PM
    I've got it through AT&T for $5 a month also. But I was thinking of canceling it.
    You can pick up replacement parts for much cheaper than the $125 or whatever it
    is the insurance company charges. For example I found a replacement screen
    for around $50 bucks. New bezels are much cheaper also. Only thing you gotta
    worry about is running it over or dropping it in the river.

Haven't done it yet, but it has crossed my mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 08:35 PM
    You dump it on the water and you won't find the right parts.
    06-29-09 08:41 PM
    The deductible is a bit steep but you can't beat the AT&T plan for convenience. No matter what you've done to your Bold they send out a replacement with almost no questions asked. Also it's sent via overnight shipping and the deductible can be assessed to your monthly bill.
    That said rtcesq's deal through State Farm sounds pretty sweet. Unfortunately I don't have any car or home insurance plans in my name however.
    06-29-09 09:15 PM
    My BOLD is insured thru AT&T and they also insured my Curve prior to my Bold.
    06-29-09 09:19 PM
    Thanks very much. Iwill give them a call tonight.
    You should just be able to login into your att account online and add it. I've done it before with other options. I too also have the $5 insurance on Bold. I've destroyed every phone I've ever owned, so it will probably come in handy

06-29-09 10:05 PM
    I looked online and was unable to locate the correct link; therefore, I then called AT&T and added it to my account. The deductible is high but AT&T does a good job with providing replacement phones. If you use a homeowner insurance rider, what are the terms and conditions? Do they provide a mechanism to replace the phone or do they direct you to a dealer who supplies the replacement parts or a replacement phone?

06-30-09 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD