Hi all, I posted a related question in the Admin forum, but I have a question to 9650 users: Can you Wireless sync contacts using Lotus Notes / BES?.

My wireless contact sync worked fine with my tour 9630, but stopped working when I changed to the Bold 9650. I've tried everything I found in the forums (delete/undelete service books, full wipe, etc). When I open contacts - options, wireless sync it says "not available".

I'm on Lotus Notes, BES, Verizon Bold 9650.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 10:14 PM
    I'm on BES but with Microsoft Exchange. No problem here to sync all Outlook objects including contacts. Are you sure you have contacts checked for synchronization?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-11-10 10:40 PM
    The BES sees your new phone for what it is, a completely different PIN. Maybe you should ask your BES admin if the feature is enabled for you...
    09-12-10 04:56 AM
    I had no problem with 3 tour replacements, the problem started on the Bold.

I'm specifically asking if anyone has a Bold 9650 successfully syncing wireless contacts with Lotus Notes on BES? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mboujoul; 09-12-10 at 09:58 AM.
    09-12-10 09:32 AM
    mboujoul, I'm having the same issue with a 9650 that I purchased to replace a 9630 Tour 2 weeks ago. Did you ever find a fix for this (given that you posted in Sept 2010)?

My situation is this: Lotus Notes on my laptop with BES connection via company IT. My e-mail and calendar are working fine via the BES but don't have the option to do Wireless Sync of my contacts when I go into the options settings (Contacts Options >> Contacts Lists >> Desktop) -- Contact List Properties "Wireless Synchronization" field is "Not Available". I don't have the option to even turn it off. The corresponding field in my calendar options is set to "yes".

When I got the new phone at the sprint store it was late one evening so I couldn't contact my IT dept. until the next morning to do the BES activation. So, I did a wired push of my contacts from a backup of my Tour 9630 data so I could at least have my contacts and phone numbers that evening. I'm not sure if this caused the problem I'm seeing or not.

After a few calls to my IT folks and Sprint/RIM, I think my next step is to wipe the phone and start from scratch and see if that fixes things. I'm 50/50 on this though since I can't even do a wired sync from the BB Desktop SW (v6.0) and Lotus Notes -- it isn't an option under the setup...
    12-01-10 11:21 AM
    UtahSooner, I've had no luck fixing this. "Wireless Synchronization field is "Not Available" on my device also.
    Last edited by mboujoul; 12-05-10 at 06:40 PM.
    12-05-10 05:47 PM
    I was finally able to get this working with the help of my BES Admin. The wipe that I tried didn't work at all. Apparently my admin deleted and manually added my profile on the BES Server. I did a reset of the BB after this -- alt + Right Caps + Del and this got things working! We're still not sure what the issue was initially, but everything has been working since Friday.

I would recommend backing up your data on the device before having your account deleted and recreated on the BES so you can restore old message files. After I reset the unit, my inbox was empty but I was able to push all my old e-mails back to the unit from the BB Desktop SW.

Good luck!
    12-08-10 12:57 AM
    I also tried having the BES admin delete me and reinstall me. No luck. Is there a setting the admin needs to change to allow Address Book/Contacts to wireless sync? He couldn't find it and said I was authorized to sync...
    01-21-11 10:57 PM
    I'm still unable to wireless sync contacts, anyone on Lotus Notes have this problem and alternate solution?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 06:41 PM
    all I can assure you is that your problem has nothing to do with the phone's capabilities. I work for a very large company that uses Lotus Notes and BES enterprise-wide and until recently we supported nothing but BlackBerrys. We probably have hundreds if not thousands of 9650's, all of them syncing flawlessly, as does mine, with email, contacts and calendar over the air on almost a real-time basis. Talk to your BES admin. There must be a solution.
    04-16-11 10:59 AM
    I am a notes admin and from what I see on some of my bold devices. BES5 and notes 8.5 we have to point the users to there address books manually and I have set this in the past on 4.1x servers to automatically set the user but for some reason the 5.0 doesn't seem to be doing that. I hope this helps a little bit. If there is any admins out there that can tell me what the setting would be on the BAS server to auto set the address book to look at the users mail file. I would be grateful.

Thnx
    08-01-11 10:37 AM
    we point them to there mail file because that is where the addresses are stored if not roaming.
    08-01-11 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD