hi all, looking to sell my Bold to one of my colleagues at work, the phone is awesome, but just seems wasted on me not using for full functionailty, also, in the current credit crunch, i could do with the cash thats on offer for the device.

apart from going through and manually deleting everything, whats the best way to wipe the phone of all my personal details or trace of anything of mine being on the phone.

I've upgraded the software to .282 even though the phone is used on O2-UK, is it possible for the new owner just to download Desktop Manager? but more importantly as mentioned, everything thats on the phone currently that is my personal info, to be wiped off?

thanks all

PS: Worry not, I'll be back as a member of the Crackberry owners club soon i hope
    07-28-09 04:30 PM
    Options -> Security Options -> General Settings -> Wipe Handheld

If you need to actually securely wipe everything, including the device software (which doesn't sound necessary in this case, but that's up to you), I'd use JL_Cmder or CrackMem, both of which can be found with a quick CrackBerry search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 04:45 PM
    Options -> Security Options -> General Settings -> Wipe Handheld

If you need to actually securely wipe everything, including the device software (which doesn't sound necessary in this case, but that's up to you), I'd use JL_Cmder or CrackMem, both of which can be found with a quick CrackBerry search.

if i did a complete wipe, using Crackmem, would the new owner just be able to install the relevant software from the BB website?
    07-28-09 04:55 PM
    Yep. He can download and install whatever he wants from RIM in the way of Device Software and Desktop Manager. If you wipe using CrackMem or similar, you can put an OS on the phone or he can. If he's on a different carrier the device will have to be unlocked, and you'll need to release your PIN. Then you just drop his SIM card in, have him call or visit his carrier to activate his BIS plan (if he has one), and then he can register with his carrier's network from the phone.

07-28-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD