Hey All ,

Whats the purpose with wiping the bold and re-installing the OS ? Currently , my memory isnt that great (28 mb - 30 mb) with OS .247

Shall I wipe and re-install ? Will that give me more memory ? Any ideas ? Drawbacks ?

Thank You
    06-20-09 12:33 PM
    I think you'll get a lot of mixed opinions here.
    I never wipe or use JL command or crackmem and I always have great success and no memory issues.
    I've done about 10 or so upgrades.
    However, many swear by wiping beforehand and that it is necessary to do so . So to each his/her own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 01:26 PM
    what's not great about 28 mb - 30 mb of mem??

i would think like 7-10mb isn't that great. i currently have about 45mb free mem running .282 with about 15 apps and 8 themes installed.

i don't usually wipe, but did this time.
    06-20-09 01:34 PM
    I starting wiping the device prior to OS upgrades after I noticed my reboots times going up a great deal. Not sure if I have some app that doesn't like this or what, but if I wipe prior to installing the OS (and then load my apps manually), it reboots much more quickly in general. I haven't tried not wiping for some time, so this original theory might not hold true any longer, but I get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I know all the extraneous junk that might be left over (not just files which can be cleaned out using SureWipe but also stuff in the options, etc.). Call me weird or retentive, but it works for me.
    06-20-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD