I want to downgrade my OS to 545, but to do that, i need to completely wipe my bb until it says 507 error.

the application that i tried to use (jl_cmder), is not compatible with my windows 7, so i need to find another way to do so...

any ideas? thanks guys...
    05-25-10 04:39 PM
    Why do you need to wipe? The OS upgrade (even if you are downgrading) does this for you.

All you need do is to:
    - download and install the OS you want.
    - Uninstall any later OSs.
    - Remove Vendor.xml if the OS is not from your carrier.
    - Sync to Outlook.
    - Do a Backup even though Loader will do one.
    - If you are running DM 4.6 the use that for the downgrade.
    - If you use DM 4.7 or higher then either disconnect you PC from the internet before you start or use Loader.exe for the upgrade.
    05-25-10 04:51 PM
    Why do you need to wipe? The OS upgrade (even if you are downgrading) does this for you.

All you need do is to:
    - download and install the OS you want.
    - Uninstall any later OSs.
    - Remove Vendor.xml if the OS is not from your carrier.
    - Sync to Outlook.
    - Do a Backup even though Loader will do one.
    - If you are running DM 4.6 the use that for the downgrade.
    - If you use DM 4.7 or higher then either disconnect you PC from the internet before you start or use Loader.exe for the upgrade.
    thanks so much! i was just reading one of the posts from crackberry that suggested wiping the blackberry first.

but thanks so much for the help!
    05-25-10 04:54 PM
    thanks so much! i was just reading one of the posts from crackberry that suggested wiping the blackberry first.

but thanks so much for the help!
    i prefer to do a wipe before an install also.. look for software called BBSAK i use it on 7/64.
    05-25-10 05:10 PM
    i prefer to do a wipe before an install also..
    Even so, it is still almost always unnecessary.
    05-25-10 06:03 PM
    i prefer to do a wipe before an install also.. look for software called BBSAK i use it on 7/64.
    A wipe is unneccessary since Loader.exe does one as a part of the OS install.

I only ever wipe when a phone is in serious trouble. I mean, why wipe and then wipe again? Wiped is wiped.
    05-25-10 06:18 PM
    Wipe than install. When installing a os some left over cods can cause lagging with the new os. Most people on the forum use bbsak and than install. You get the best results I think

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD