After many issues with the new curve I settled on the Bold 9700. Love it!
    Only one problem, windows live messenger will install but cant sign in. Keeps telling me Connection 65 error. I have spoke at great lengths to Telus Tech support and they cant figure out why it is happening. Have reinstalled it at least 10 times. It has been off Blackberry world or of microsoft itself. Msn can have its issues.I can sign in on everyone elses phone...BUT MINE! No one who has tried could sign in on mine. They are still researching why it is not working.
    Has anyone else had that issue? Any ideas to try?? My yahoo works fine!
    04-19-10 09:09 PM
    Entering your pass wrongly ? I remember I pressed the ALT button instead of the caps, lol
    04-19-10 09:20 PM
    I have tried everything...I even though of that. Even the Telus guy couldnt find out why. It is quite the mystery.
    04-19-10 09:34 PM
    hi all, hopefully someone can shed some light on a similar situation i am having.

recently when i try to login to messenger on my BB, i get a "server is busy. try again later" error message. it has been going on all day and nobody else i know with the same phone, same carrier is having the same problem.

somehow i can login using a different email address. just not the one that i want!

can anyone help?

thanks
    06-01-10 09:44 PM
    Try a quick battery pull!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 09:55 PM
    i've tried soft and hard reset.
    deleting the service book entries for WLM
    re-installing WLM..
    i'm at wits end...

has anyone else had this problem?

can it be linked ot the fact that i get an error message when i am logged in on my PC on windows live "Your contacts can't be saved right now. Please try again later."

this is really pissing me off. why things work and then stop working for no reason.
    06-01-10 10:02 PM
    Try changing your Windows Live password, and then try signing into it with the new password. It's a long shot, but it has worked before.
    06-01-10 10:05 PM
    Try changing your Windows Live password, and then try signing into it with the new password. It's a long shot, but it has worked before.
    thanks for the suggestion. i've tried that as well and no luck.

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

microsoft is such crap. half of the things i try to do on the windows live page i get an error message returned
    Last edited by bananagrams; 06-01-10 at 10:14 PM.
    06-01-10 10:11 PM
    thanks for the suggestion. i've tried that as well and no luck.

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

microsoft is such crap. half of the things i try to do on the windows live page i get an error message returned
    Try this. Its your last resort. Create a new account, make sure it works on your blackberry, and then transfer all contacts to your new MSN account.

And problem solved!
    06-01-10 11:44 PM
    Uninstall the app and reinstall it. Worked for me on an 8900

06-02-10 12:51 AM
    Uninstall the app and reinstall it. Worked for me on an 8900

I tried re installing the app like 5 times now. I'm convinced its not the app. Phone or providers fault but microsoft's

I don't want to use creating a new account for a solution because what if it happens again? But I suppose its a LAST resort option.

Are there any other suggestions? Help is appreciated!

06-02-10 05:59 AM
    Try to reset your hotmail password and try again , it will work
    06-02-10 06:04 AM
    I tried re installing the app like 5 times now. I'm convinced its not the app. Phone or providers fault but microsoft's

I don't want to use creating a new account for a solution because what if it happens again? But I suppose its a LAST resort option.

Are there any other suggestions? Help is appreciated!

Ok try this!

Create a new password with only numbers ie, "651100" and see if that works, or if not then see if you can create a password with all CAPS ie "MASTER"

I hope either of these ways works for you.
    06-02-10 06:48 AM
    Arghh.. Alright. I changed my password. deleted the messenger app, restarted my BB, then re-installed the messenger app. still a no go for both scenarios.

downloaded live messenger from appworld ver 2.5.32...
    i can log into my desktop just fine. and when i try to login to my BB, it will kick me off my desktop.. but my BB will display that stupid message "Server is busy. Please try again later"

how would the password be related to this problem though?
    06-02-10 07:46 AM
    Try this...

Go into options (wrench icon), advanced options, applications, then edit the permissions of the windows live to allow all for everything.

save and it should work.
    06-02-10 07:48 AM
    Try this...

Go into options (wrench icon), advanced options, applications, then edit the permissions of the windows live to allow all for everything.

save and it should work.
    connections: allow
    interactions: allow
    user data: allow

i still get the same error message when trying to sign in.
    is there a certain sequence? like hard reset after i set these permissions?

this is beyond insanity. and i'm getting really urked........thanks in advance again for help guys!
    06-02-10 08:06 AM
    ok create it on msn and not hotmail
    06-02-10 08:11 AM
    ok create it on msn and not hotmail
    I have another hotmail account which can login with no problems. But this is my main account and I'd like to keep everything integrated. And its also adding to the frustration. Because 2 accounts: one works and one doesn't!

do you think it would help if i upgraded my OS? i'm running .442 right now
    Last edited by bananagrams; 06-02-10 at 08:26 AM.
    06-02-10 08:23 AM
    .656 is steady and good battery life and reception i have been using it for a month so far not one single bug
    06-02-10 08:35 AM
    i'm going to try updating the OS tonight and post back the results.

though i'm not optimistic about it since as i said before one account works and the other doesn't!

thanks for all the help so far. please continue to post suggestions for me to try in the meantime though!
    06-02-10 08:51 AM
    Alright, I've found the solution. I'm going to post it here so that in case this happens to anyone else, they'll know how to fix it. No updte of the OS is required.

What the problem was is that there were too many "blocked" individuals on my contact list, and that must have been too much for BB's windows messenger app to handle as it tries to log in. I had so many blocked people from the spam invites (I always decline / block). What I did was this:

1) Login to Windows Live Messenger on Desktop
    2) Go to options and to the privacy tab
    3) Delete contacts or unblock a lot of them (I'm not sure how many as I just unblocked everyone)
    4) Login to WLM on your BB.

Voila, problem solved

It even solved the problem that I had that I couldn't add, edit or delete contacts from the web interface of windows live.

Hope this helps anyone else that has this problem

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions on what to do.
    06-05-10 02:34 PM
    I have had the same error message (65) but I only have 2 contacts and none are blocked. I just opened the account. I have talked to my carrier extensively and with blackberry RIM customer service and they cant figure it out. Their final answer is to send another Bold. I have only had this Bold for 2 weeks. It's brand new.
    07-03-10 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD