I have Mass Storage mode turned on, but when I plug in the Blackberry with a USB cable, Windows does not show the media card as an external drive.
    Windows sees the device because when I plugged it in, it said "Your device is ready to use". But no media card.

The Blackberry does see the memory card, and I can save/browse to it.

Any ideas??

(I have the .743 version OS, but I had this problem with .630 too. Also, I tried on a Windows 7 and a Windows XP machine).
    06-12-10 06:16 PM
    Usually when I connect my BB to my PC, a message comes on my BB asking me to allow mass storage mode or not.

So try to keep your eyes on your BB screen after Connecting and see it it does ask you. Plus, if you have mass storage on ( options > memory ) see what is '' auto enable mass storage mode when connected '' set to.

If it is set to on, then it SHOULD automatically be allowed.

You can also try to go to '' Computer '' and then pressing the right click > refresh

hope this solves it
    06-12-10 07:27 PM
    You need BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed. You don't need to run it, you just need the drivers it installs.
    06-12-10 07:44 PM
    You don't need Desktop Manager for mass storage mode to work. I use my Berry at computers all the time without it to access documents, music, FireFox Portable, etc. Windows 2000 or newer already has mass storage drivers installed.
    06-12-10 07:52 PM
    I've always been able to use it without the Manager installed. Windows should just recognize it and assign a drive letter to it. My problem is that it's no longer happening. I have the phone set to always go into mass storage mode when plugged in.
    06-12-10 07:59 PM
    Now my AT&T Communication Manager doesn't recognize the phone.... something strange going with this thing.
    06-12-10 08:01 PM
    Try a different cable? Is the phone charging when plugged in at least? Maybe try wiggling the cable a little (gently!). Might just be that the contacts for data aren't making contact. Plugging and unplugging a few times will usually rub off any dirt or oxidation off of the contacts.
    06-12-10 08:46 PM
    Try a different cable? Is the phone charging when plugged in at least? Maybe try wiggling the cable a little (gently!). Might just be that the contacts for data aren't making contact. Plugging and unplugging a few times will usually rub off any dirt or oxidation off of the contacts.
    That was the first thing I tried when I realized that it wasn't being seen by communication manager, but no such luck. I plug it in, and the charging icon comes on, and the computer even makes the USB sound, but nothing happens after that.
    06-12-10 08:54 PM
    Hmm, maybe try a different PC then. Check the Device Manager on the computer and see if it shows any mass storage devices with a little yellow exclamation mark. That might indicate a corrupt driver. Also try a different USB port. Trying to keep the ideas flowing here.
    06-12-10 11:04 PM
    Yeah I tried another PC that was running Windows XP... same problem. I think there's something going on with the phone. I wonder if a full wipe would resolve this kind of issue?
    06-12-10 11:47 PM
    Having the same problem. Screw this phone and it's terrible build quality
    06-22-10 11:15 AM
    Options - memory - mass storage support - on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 02:52 PM
    Still doesn't work. It's a hardware, not software issue
    06-22-10 02:57 PM
    I know its stupid, but have you tried unplugging it then plugging it back in and giving it a minute?

There have been times where mine wont connect right away so I unplug it, wait about 20 seconds, then plug it back in and give it a minute to load.
    06-22-10 03:03 PM
    try reseating the memory card or mabey try plugging it into another computer if that helps and make sure mass storage is on. Also go into device manger on ur pc and see if anything is popping up there.
    06-22-10 08:00 PM
    im having the same issue.. i just had to warraty out my 9700.. got everyhting restored and all. but mine also does not read as an external drive for mass storage.. my old one did but it should of kept the exact same setting... can anyone keep me up to date 21ca1657 or [email protected]

ive tried the smae thing. different cable , full wipe and memory wipe. dont know what it could be..
    06-23-10 01:08 AM
    Same thing happens to me and also happened with my bold. I don't think it is the phone, I think it is the computer and it has to do with assigning a drive to it. When I go to BB Desktop manager I can access it through there.
    06-23-10 07:05 AM
    I've tried it all but nothing gives. Wiped the device, two different computers using all USB ports, reset the Mass Storage Device options. Anyone have any other suggestions? I was thinking maybe it's one of the apps I have installed. After my wipe, I reinstalled the apps and tried the mass storage. Maybe wiping the device and trying to connect prior to install the apps? I'm thinking out loud here. I think I'll try that and get back to you guys.
    06-28-10 09:17 AM
    I have had this happen with my 9700 (computer not seeing memory card). Try going into Applications, then Clock. Under menu Options, disable Bedside Mode (select Do Nothing). This has enabled my computer to see the mass storage device.

06-28-10 09:40 AM
    try a program called blackberry storage activator. make sure you have blackberry desktop manager installed and that the phone is plugged in.
    try the link in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/mas...14/index2.html
    06-28-10 11:17 AM
    Official Blackberry knowledge base article on this issue:

KB19717 - View Document

Summary:
    There's a bug on these devices, causing Windows and Mac OS to improperly identify the device.

Fix:
    Download this tool to your PC: calfix.exe, plug in your phone, and run the tool. Your phone will restart, and Mass Storage support should now work on your phone.

I just ran this on my 9700, and now my Mass Storage and Bluetooth/modem tethering all work properly again.
    Last edited by soylent; 07-20-10 at 11:00 AM.
    07-13-10 11:53 AM
    THANKS!!!!! The other fix didn't work on my 9700
    08-25-10 09:28 PM

KB19717 - View Document

Summary:
    There's a bug on these devices, causing Windows and Mac OS to improperly identify the device.

Fix:
    Download this tool to your PC: calfix.exe, plug in your phone, and run the tool. Your phone will restart, and Mass Storage support should now work on your phone.

I just ran this on my 9700, and now my Mass Storage and Bluetooth/modem tethering all work properly again.
    Rep points for you i have a 9000 and i have been having the same problem since i updated my OS and couldn't get it to work until i saw this and ran the file you posted
    09-04-10 06:38 PM
    hey guys, i am having the same issue. media manager identifies the phone. the memory card works kuz i have some pics in it...i cant get the mass storage to work.
    09-04-10 07:44 PM

KB19717 - View Document

Summary:

Fix:

Bumping this to help people out. Read it!

09-05-10 01:45 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD