View Poll Results: will you get the tour 2?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i'll be getting it when it releases or shortly after w/ a contract discount

51 46.36%
  • yes i'll be getting it when it releases or shortly after and pay full retail

11 10.00%
  • i will wait (to see if there are bugs right away, wait till im eligible for a contract, etc)

28 25.45%
  • no i am happy with my tour!

15 13.64%
  • other

5 4.55%
    im going to run and get it, as i love my tour but i have issues with my service with it, so im hoping that Blackberry fixed the signal in the Tour2/Bold back to what the curve was..
    03-13-10 06:39 AM
    im going to run and get it, as i love my tour but i have issues with my service with it, so im hoping that Blackberry fixed the signal in the Tour2/Bold back to what the curve was..
    check your thread you made in the Tour Forum, I'm tryign to help you get your signal back.. let me know if what I said in that thread helps your phone...
    03-13-10 06:45 AM
    As much as I hate to do it, I will probably wait a month or two like I did with the Tour to see if there are any flaws/bugs that the next rounds of shipments will take care of. I did that with the 9630...available in July and I got mine in September and (knock on wood) haven't had one single trackball issue, battery door issue or anything.
    03-13-10 07:24 AM
    Im currently still on my 2yr contract w. a Samsung Alias 2 and I cant stand the POS. If Im typing a text message and another one comes in at the same time sometimes I will be typing a whole word or more and it wont show up on the screen and then before anything happens it tells me new message and starts vibrating so I click to make it stop and that makes it freak out and doesnt know what to do and it still vibrates so I click a few more times. Thats the least of it.
    You click view later and nothing happens so you click it again and then it suddenly realizes you clicked it 2x so it jumps back up to view now and same thing happens with the menu. FAUAFHKDS! #*#$(*@&!
    Very frustrating. If the Tour 2/Bold was out it would have been thrown at a wall long ago..

Back to the point.. I'll wait till it comes out and maybe a month to see if there are any issues (depending on my amount of frustration w/ the alias at that time) I might just get it when it comes out. By then my cancellation fee will be lower and I should therefore be able to get the 2yr price on the Tour 2/Bold
    03-13-10 08:07 AM
    I am going to buy a tour and sell my Curve, then on release day I will get the Bold, Use it for 30 days and if I do not like it, I will return it and stick with the tour.

Since the name change game, i see a marketing campaign come into play. there is no way that CDMA carriers are going to get a Bold and not hype it up. I do see lines at the door and AT&T Customers looking to switch because of the Bold name.

Those that do not research the phone, but go off the name will have no idea (unless they are told) that they are just getting an upgraded Tour.

Maybe we will see a new updated world phone as well this year that will go back to the 88XX numbers...
    03-13-10 08:47 AM
    There are probably two types of users here, those without problems (who should have no problem waiting for their upgrade), and those who had problems (like me with the trackball) who will probably wait to see what the reaction is before committing to a Tour 2/Bold and another two year contract.
    Agreed. Unless it�s a 9700-like device which I would get right away. It may just be a T2 called a Bold (with a track pad and wi-fi). If so, I wait�.
    03-13-10 09:04 AM
    [QUOTE=mjbesen310;4817075]You guys know there is no such thing as Tour 2?

Its now called a Bold 9750 which is confirmed a long with different looks, one of which is the battery door is now stamped saying "Bold" just like the 9700

According to the users guide I'm looking at, it's the Bold 9650.
    03-13-10 09:41 AM
    Its now called a Bold 9750 which is confirmed a long with different looks, one of which is the battery door is now stamped saying "Bold" just like the 9700

According to the users guide I'm looking at, it's the Bold 9650.
    I want to see photos of this device, not the pre-pix of the T2. Then I will believe.
    03-13-10 10:02 AM
    I would like to say I will get it on release day, but I probably won't. I'd rather hear everyones thoughts and opinions on the phone before I run out and buy it. I have been saving my upgrade for a couple of months now for this phone, so lets just hope it is everything people have made it out to be.
    03-13-10 11:05 AM
    You will Ditch Verizon for AT&T for the slider???
    Exactly - BAD MOVE. Big Blue **** LOL (or are they orange now since Cingular)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 11:11 AM
    Exactly - BAD MOVE. Big Blue **** LOL (or are they orange now since Cingular)

hahaha! they are blue.
    i cannot find the newest commercial out, but its the one where everyone is watching the game and the guy on vzw is one the coffee table in front of everyone and he is checking his phone and a buddy goes "hey your map is blocking the game". then little att boy is trying to check things on his phone "is my map blocking the game"...guy goes "nope.
    03-13-10 11:19 AM
    hahaha! they are blue.
    i cannot find the newest commercial out, but its the one where everyone is watching the game and the guy on vzw is one the coffee table in front of everyone and he is checking his phone and a buddy goes "hey your map is blocking the game". then little att boy is trying to check things on his phone "is my map blocking the game"...guy goes "nope.
    Love that one and the "...we've got a map for that." campaign. Classic.

03-13-10 11:36 AM
    I FINALLY rid myself of my Touch Pro (my 10th one), and thru the replacement program on sprint, I got myself an 8330 curve for now... Im still switching to the Bold when it comes out, but im just gonna wait til a few weeks after, to ensure all the bugs are out... not trying to be a beta tester...
    03-13-10 12:44 PM
    If it is Bold reminiscent (leather backed, etc..) I will be getting it to with plans on tag-teaming with my S2
    03-13-10 02:10 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD