View Poll Results: will you get the tour 2?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i'll be getting it when it releases or shortly after w/ a contract discount

51 46.36%
  • yes i'll be getting it when it releases or shortly after and pay full retail

11 10.00%
  • i will wait (to see if there are bugs right away, wait till im eligible for a contract, etc)

28 25.45%
  • no i am happy with my tour!

15 13.64%
  • other

5 4.55%
    i probably won't as it is pretty much the same as the tour expcet with the track pad and wifi. and i have no use for wifi.
    03-11-10 03:45 PM
    Is it coming out for all carriers or just vzw?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 04:15 PM
    Same as said above - I won't bother getting the Tour2 (Bold?) - the trackball works fine for me and I don't need WiFi on my business phone.
    03-11-10 04:26 PM
    No. I'll wait and watch all those that stand in line come here and complain about the issues. It's always a fun time watching the reactions of people who would wait hours[or have to be first] for the release of any electronic.

I'll wait a little while for the bugs or I'll wait until the next new Verizon BB[Tour II isn't new]. I certainly hope no one is crazy enough to pay full price to switch from the Tour to the Tour II[Bold or whatever], but I know there will be.

First one's to brag are the first one's to cry.
    03-11-10 04:35 PM
    The wife says i will wait.
    03-11-10 04:35 PM
    No. I'll wait and watch all those that stand in line come here and complain about the issues. It's always a fun time watching the reactions of people who would wait hours[or have to be first] for the release of any electronic.

I'll wait a little while for the bugs or I'll wait until the next new Verizon BB[Tour II isn't new]. I certainly hope no one is crazy enough to pay full price to switch from the Tour to the Tour II[Bold or whatever], but I know there will be.

I agree, seeing how many problems there were with the Tour when it was released i would wait. And i don't really see any need of wifi.
    03-11-10 04:45 PM
    any word on the next blackberry besides the tour/bold?????
    03-11-10 04:52 PM
    You guys know there is no such thing as Tour 2?

Its now called a Bold 9750 which is confirmed a long with different looks, one of which is the battery door is now stamped saying "Bold" just like the 9700

listen to todays podcast from Kevin talking about out new Bold from 38min-40 mins if you want to hear the changed for yourself
    03-11-10 05:10 PM
    I think I'm gonna wait...just like when the tour came out...it had so many issues...I just don't wanna be a beta tester..ya dig...I'm grateful that I didn't experience any issues when I got my tour....if it aint broke why get another one.....I must admit though having a trackpad n wifi would be cool

03-11-10 05:11 PM
    im gonna wait to see about the problems with it bc of the disaster of an experience i had with the tour. at least verizon made me instantly eligible for an upgrade when i complained a few months back. so i can get it whenever i want
    03-11-10 05:47 PM
    i'm going to wait a year to get it. Love my Tour for now. That way it will be cheaper and the kinks worked out. i haven't had many issues with my Tour but i'd rather not be the first to customer to "beta test."

03-11-10 06:02 PM
    You guys know there is no such thing as Tour 2?

Its now called a Bold 9750 which is confirmed a long with different looks, one of which is the battery door is now stamped saying "Bold" just like the 9700

listen to todays podcast from Kevin talking about out new Bold from 38min-40 mins if you want to hear the changed for yourself
    well its the exact same thing as tour 2 correcT? im sure everyone knows waht i mean.
    03-11-10 06:27 PM
    well its the exact same thing as tour 2 correcT? im sure everyone knows waht i mean.
    we dont know all the details yet. If you follow the Bold (Tour2) forum you will notice that new details are coming in very slowly. we dont even know the new size of the phone yet
    03-11-10 06:32 PM
    There are probably two types of users here, those without problems (who should have no problem waiting for their upgrade), and those who had problems (like me with the trackball) who will probably wait to see what the reaction is before committing to a Tour 2/Bold and another two year contract.

I wouldn't imagine there will be any lines for it because it doesn't seem like any type of game-changer, only an "incremental" upgrade (WiFi and trackpad) that many people think should have been included in the first version anyway.
    03-11-10 07:54 PM
    My contract is up next year, so I am going to wait it out and see what happens.

03-12-10 09:28 PM
    I'm not getting it since only a few things changed from the original tour. I'll be waiting for the  slider.

03-12-10 11:37 PM
    The trackpad and the wi-fi feature is a must have for me, so I will be getting it eventually, but I will wait to see how it plays out first with our members who gets them at release to beta test for me first
    03-13-10 12:16 AM
    Ill wait til my two years are up and if nothing better is out, which with verizon don't expect much
    03-13-10 12:20 AM
    The trackpad and the wi-fi feature is a must have for me, so I will be getting it eventually, but I will wait to see how it plays out first with our members who gets them at release to beta test for me first

Plus the trackball is so outdated, I'm wondering how RIM still uses trackball on their phones.
    03-13-10 12:24 AM
    im happy with my tour so i plan on waiting it out for a while. i dont want to be a test dummy.
    03-13-10 01:32 AM
    As long as I have been waiting, I'm going to stall on purchasing it for at least a couple of weeks after release to research known bugs. It's going to be difficult, but better to be safe than to be racked with buyer's remorse.
    03-13-10 02:00 AM
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I got my Tour last week and I love it, but I'm worried that the trackball will give out in a year and then I'll be screwed, so the allure for me is the trackpad. I have no idea what to do.
    03-13-10 02:25 AM

It's unlikely there will be any lines for this release as it is not really marketed as a consumer device. Most of the people I know who got it release day or week had no problems getting a Tour1 and this is just an upgrade to that. T1 was a desperately needed upgrade to the ancient by comparison 8830.

I have the money set aside to pay full retail if needed (I didn't with the Tour1 which is why I got it 3 weeks after release instead of release week as I had planned), but if it's really not coming till late April/early May then I may have an update to use :-) Either way I'm planning to get it the first week unless I hear about serious problems.
    03-13-10 02:28 AM
    Depends on what actually comes out. If there are major changes I'll wait a bit to see if there are any glitches. If it's the Essex we've all seen with Bold printed on the battery door, I'll get it at the next opportune time. Iv'e been sitting back and waiting through quite a few models, I'm ready for a new phone.
    03-13-10 06:03 AM
    I'm not getting it since only a few things changed from the original tour. I'll be waiting for the  slider.

You will Ditch Verizon for AT&T for the slider???
    03-13-10 06:29 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD